Black Positive People : Yuri Kochiyama - Dead @ 93

Fine1952

Happy Winter Solstice
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 27, 2005
Borne May 19, 1922 - Mrs. Yuri Kochiyama shares the same birthday as Malcolm X which explains their special friendship that only lasted 2 years.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
In your first post you referenced Yuri Kochiyama cradling Malcolm's head as he died and posted related photos.

And I posted a docu-movie titled "Dead Of a Prophet: The Last Days of Malcolm X" which also features her in it so any could see/hear her in the flesh.

smh..... Lord, my People, my People, sometimes.
You're preaching to choir, sistah. (smh)

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
[quo
It was she who cradled Malcolm X in her arms right b4 he died. She passed on Sunday (June 1, 2014)...

Yuri cradling Malcolm X as he took his last breath in "this" life.

read more about her here
The roots will always continue to grow and the seeds of Malcolm…his ideas…they’re everywhere and they’re growing in the fertile minds of young blacks and the future generation of new Africans in America will continue to fight the struggle that he could not see through to the end…”
Wonder why this inspiring Japanese-American said "Africans in America" and not "people of color in America?" :10500:

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
But for decades after her brief friendship with Malcolm X, Kochiyama remained committed to causes in the black, Latino and Asian-American communities.
Just saw a documentary on a Chinese-American who was active in the 1960s. Thought it was Yuri until I checked this forum. Course I had to first FIND this forum.

**sigh** We really should not commemorate the deaths of JAPANESE and other non-black people in the :10500: BLACK PEOPLE DOING POSITIVE THINGS forum. It's just soooo disrespectful.

1) She wasn't black
2) Is her death really a "positive thing?"

On another note, it seems Yuri was just in the audience at the Audoban the day Malcolm was assassinated. She was not a featured speaker. She was not even Malcolm's guest. Like everyone else there, she simply came to hear his speak.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Destee Conference 1-866-4-DESTEE

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss:
Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart: