Vegetable - Fruit - Recipe : Yummy Mango-Lime Tarts (very easy to make)

Indigo Blues

Dec 7, 2010
It's delicious, healthy and easy to make (no baking involved)! :)

Nut free Mango~Lime Tarts​
Crust
• 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked for 20 min.​
• 1 cup of shredded coconut​
• a pinch of salt​
Blend the ingredients in a food processor into a dough, you might need to use a spoon to help the mixing, alternatively use your hands. Press into a big pie form, or three small ones.​
Mango~Lime filling
• 2 ripe, sweet mangos​
• 0.5 teaspoon lime juice​
• zest from one organic lime​
• 4-5 tbsp Coconut oil (hard but soft enough to scoop up with a spoon)​
• light Agave to taste​
Cut the mangos in pieces, and add with the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.​

Health benefits of mango:​

• Good for the kidney​
• Improves digestion - so good for people suffering from acidity, and it's full of enzymes that also helps the digestion. It has bio-active elements (esters, terpenes and aldehydes) that aids digestion too.​
• Lowers cholesterol - the high levels of soluble dietary fiber, pectin and vitamin C helps in lowering the the LDL cholesterol.​
• For better sex - The vitamin E (which is abundant in mangos), regulates the sex hormones and boosts sex drive.​
• Memory and concentration - mangos are helpful for children who lack concentration in studies, as it contains glutamine acid, which keep brain cells alive and functioning.​
• High in iron​
• Helps against acne - mangos hepls in clearing clogged pores. Slice the mango in thin pieces and place on your face for 10-15 min and wash your face with warm water.​
• Prevents Cancer & Heart disease - it's the high amounts of anti oxidants in mangos that fights cancer and heart diseases, it also lowers the cholesterol.​

Live Sunday 12 Noon ET!

Brother OldSoul - Consciousness Raising Online

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: