Amun-Ra : Youth Violence (Tick Tock)

Thandiwe

Mar 30, 2001
Minnesota
I have asked the question of polygamy with some people before.

I heard men say that they had problems dealing with just one woman.

and from the women, they don't want to share THEIR man.

so it would take like-minded and compatible people to make this arrangement work.

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
I think you are right!

Men often talk about having more than one woman, but they want it in such a way that they are separate. When two or more women are suddenly are one roof--everything changes. Obviously sharing could be an issue. Generally, in polygamous societies the first woman is the one who pics the second, third, etc. Normally, these women come from her family unless the man has "mucho" dinero and can supply relatives with money and other things. Itis a not a cheap arrangement for a man.

Some societies allow men to choose the mates but as you can imagine this leads to jealousies that eventually make the man wish he would have stayed single. Polyandry among women is rare but not nonexistent. It has many of the same problems and men tend to be even worse companions. Strange isn't it. Culture sdetermines many of the reactions. It all depends upon what we are used to doing. In the United States, the concept of monogamy and ownership would be hard to dismiss.

WisdomSeed

Apr 16, 2001
Chicago
OH MY GOD!!!

First of all you need to really do the math on those statistics. Since most ofthose numbers are undefined (what is an assault exactly?) you need to be more specific.

My idea, first lets burn all the churches down, and we can do it by pouring gasoline on bibles, cool with me. And all this crap about parental control, geez, if we just knew, I mean really knew what parents did/do. we would talk a lot less crap about it.

I blame BUSINESS. It is funny how we place so much love on the altar of big business. Big business is running your media, it is big business that dishonors family by not pulling one but both parents away from many fmilys by seeing labor as a cost instead of an investment, that on the whims of the market gods fires tens of thouseand of people as a sacrifice for the next quaters profits or smaller losses. It is big business that dishonors humanity as employees, but sells your poverty stricken child the dream of a f'ing pair of shoes made by children in malaysia.

peep the move recognize, the debble on your tv!

Thandiwe

Mar 30, 2001
Minnesota
Sorry to tell you this Wisdomseed...

I don't think anyone will disagree with you on this one.

but thanks for coming as you always do.

I wish i would have told you about this earlier, when Amun Ra was online. I would like to see how you two communicate. Well there's always later...

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Truth?

There is certainly truth in what you both have said, but to lay it all at the steps of capitalism is to side step individual roles in saying yes or no or even maybe. It is said that it now takes two people working to make today. I submit that it takes two people working if you want to live the way pictured in the popular media which includes expensive houses, cars, and life styles in general. We have bought into the corporate dream that more is better and yet we still find ourlives empty even when we are able to attain these things.

No we don't have time for our children if we work all the time. Perhaps we shouldn't have children if that is what we want to do. On the other hand, as a parent one thing I learned quickly was thatbeing a parent required sacrifices. I didn't buy new shoes for myself because my kids needed them. I didn't go on vacation to some exotic place so I could send my kids on class trips with their schoolmates. I made do with what I had so that my kids didn't suffer.

When I wanted to go to see pro football on Sunday, I went to see my sons play soccer. Friday nights it was basketball or football. I didn't start having a life of my own until they were in their mid teens. I'm not complaining at all. I have my life now. I have more than I need and I do as I please, while my children are now coming to understand that life requires some sacrifices.

OK--through preaching,

Ra

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: