Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
If it were up to me they'd be kept behind bars forever...

Here in the state of Washington, where I reside, sex offender are ramped. They are everywhere...And they let them out, and they are supposed to be registered but many either; report themselves as transits, which means they have no known address and can pretty much be anywhere, don't complete the sex offender program, or re-offend. (Level 3 sex offenders - most likely to re-offend)

If it were up to me men would be castrated and women would have their fingers chopped off (for extra measures) and va-jay-jay sown up. Oh and men can get their fingers chopped off too.

So the question is...DO I feel bad that they have to stay in there for an extended period of time? HELL TO THE NO!!!!

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Supreme Court says federal officials can indefinitely hold sexually dangerous prisoners

By JESSE J. HOLLAND , Associated Press

Last update: May 17, 2010 - 11:28 AM

WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Monday that federal officials can indefinitely hold inmates considered "sexually dangerous" after their prison terms are complete.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

So all I have to do is say you're a dangerous predator and you get a life sentence? This is a very bad ruling!

:em0200:

Proverbs31Woman

Be kinder than necessary!
May 15, 2010
AZ
This is my first ear of this. I hope it's not written in a way to give advantage to false accusers OR unduly sentences for juvenile offenders who are not sexual predators but whose only crime is being involved in a sexual act..this could potentially add harm to injury.

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
also how about the new law that says practically anyone can be labeled a terrorit and imprisoned without trial, or simply liquidated with impunity?

Where are all these "new laws" coming from and what is the ulterior motive?

Sure everyone hates, sex crimes and terrorists, but who or what is the determining factor, since there are literally hundreds of Hurricane Carters all over this prison state nation

Noam Chomsky stated in one of his speeches, that this Wilderness never intended to free Aricans and after slavery gaveus a brief breather called "reconstruction" after which period , they rushed to as Dr Charshee McIntyre(PBUH) called it "The Criminalization of a Race" and took advantage of the clause in the Emancipation Proclaimation, that stated that slavery is legal again or re-enslavement, when one is encarcerated for a crime.
Therefore the white supremist oligarchy at that time rushed to write Jim Crow laws of punitive rather then punishment type judgements, to drag huge numbers of Black men into the chain gangs and work houses of the prison system.

Angela Davis spoke poignantly about the prison industrial complex, and here is an exerpt of a 10 year old article from the NYT;
Across the country, more than 80,000 inmates now hold traditional jobs, working for governments or private companies and earning 25 cents to $7 an hour. The private sector programs, which exist in 36 states and employ 3,500, have doubled in size since 1995 after years of almost no growth. And the federal program that employs 21,000 inmates, up 14 percent in the last two years, and that has $600 million in annual sales, is seeking to expand.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines/031900-02.htm

Now this was during a time of low unemployment, and one an only guess what the situation is now

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Pastor Whose Church Held Kanye West's Sunday Service Slams Rapper for His Comments on Slavery Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
IFE Black Entertainment : It’s time for R. Kelly to be held accountable Black Entertainment 31
IFE Black Entertainment : It’s time for R. Kelly to be held accountable Black Entertainment 0
Destee Seychelles : Blackwater founder held secret Seychelles meeting to establish Trump-Putin back channel Seychelles 2
Liberty Africa : An annual Africa trade meeting was held with no Africans. Visas for all 100 African delegates were d All Things Africa 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Ethiopia : Ethiopia's New Dam Is Thwarting Egypt's Long-Held Control Over The Nile Read more: http://www.busin Ethiopia 3
Shikamaru Law Forum : NYC Teen held in jail for 3 years without a trial or conviction Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : holder held in contempt Black People Politics 11
T Black People : KC and the Sunshine Band Founder Held on Sex Rap Black People Open Forum 6
watzinaname Black Poetry : To Be Held Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
G Black People : Men held in girl's dragging at camp - director of a Christian boot camp Black People Open Forum 0
G Black People : Sutter County pair held in dragging death of black man Black People Open Forum 0
watzinaname Black Poetry : Held Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
anAfrican Ghana : Ghana: First ICT workshop for northern women held Ghana 0
anAfrican Ghana : Ghana; Tech: ICT Awards To Be Held In May Ghana 0
P Senegal : 6th Annual African VC & PE Conference held in Dakar, Senegal: 5-7th November 06 Senegal 0
B Black People : Why isn't Nat Turner held in the same regard as Martin Luther King? Black People Open Forum 18
$$RICH$$ Black Haiku : Still held down Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Mentally Held Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
HODEE Black Poetry : I can only be held by you Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
L Black Poetry : ...YOU HELD ME WHEN I CRIED... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Jesus Held His Peace Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Held Down !! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
V Black Poetry : Shee held mee with hur lungz Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
C Black People : Are We To Accept The Notion That COVID-19 Does Not Make Jail And Prison Visit??? Black People Open Forum 3
MintyMoses Black People : How Black America Can Free Itself From The Prison-Industrial Complex Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Jails / Prisons : US government gave Nation of Islam hundreds of thousands of dollars to teach federal prison inmates Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Perfection Law Forum : In Context Series: Black Women's Prison Narratives and the Intersection of Race, Gender Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Pastor John Gray among black ministers receive backlash for meeting with Trump on prison reform Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
IFE Black People : What Would You Do? Would you accept funding form private prison profits Black People Open Forum 3
IFE Premium Members Only : Mass Incarceration, Private Prisons, Prison Industrial Complex Premium Members Only 35
Mister Aten Black Parenting : Prof. Griff- Why Denzell Washington said "Prison System Not to Blame for Crime in Black Communities" Black Parenting 0
IFE Law Forum : Private prison company moves annual conference to Trump golf course Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
IFE Black Education / Schools : School To Prison Pipeline Black Education / Schools 0
Kemetstry Jails / Prisons : DYLANN ROOF ASSAULTED AND RAPED IN PRISON Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 6
jamesfrmphilly Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : prison-bae-jeremy-meeks-deported-during-modeling-trip-to-u-k Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
Senegal Jails / Prisons : Racists Get Double Digit Years in Prison Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 6
IFE Jails / Prisons : The Private Prison Industry Is Licking Its Chops Over Trump's Deportation Plans Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 8
Queenie Law Forum : Heartbreaker--Black men in prison Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : jay-z-want rikers-prison-shut-down Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : man-awarded-6m-after-spending-24-years-in-prison-for-wrongful-conviction Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : U.S. inmates strike in what activists call one of the biggest prison protests in modern history Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
IFE Law Forum : Man who fired gunshot at George Zimmerman sentenced to 20 years in prison for attempted murder Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : inmates-riot-to-protest-prison-conditions Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 5
IFE Black People Politics : Private Prison Stocks Crash On News DOJ To Phase Out Their Use Black People Politics 1
IFE Black People Politics : From Plantation to Penitentiary to the Prison-Industrial Complex Black People Politics 21
IFE Black People Politics : Michael Jordan: The Nike Prison Industrial Complex Connection Black People Politics 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : Black Children Kicked Out Of Preschool And Into Prison Pipeline Black Education / Schools 11
serious brother Law Forum : Prison Is Slavery 2016 Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
S Black People : "My Life After 44 Years In Prison" Black People Open Forum 1