Black Spirituality Religion : Yoruba royalty.

KingSango

Banned
Aug 18, 2013
Surely you jest, its blasphemous for royalty are God's chosen, blood and spiritual blessing are required for such titles. Little do people know Kings were sacrificed in the beginning, not many wanted to be the King for they knew once they got a certain age they would be sacrificed for the community. Kings couldn't eat in front of the people, couldn't be seen eating or drinking, being king was no joke it was a serious undertaking. The king wore a mask at all times, people were not allowed to see the king, his image couldn't not be duplicated, viewed upon for he was considered close to divine. Europeans made kings into a joke with public displays of arrogance, haughtiness and kings gloating before the people while they grumbled and begged. African kings were noble, mysterious and god like in character and they had to obey the priesthoods in which they belonged, African kings were not separate selfish rulers like European kings. Many earlier Kings of Africa were warriors first and they fought in battle and lead in battle.

Madaki Stratington

Oct 23, 2013
Surely you jest, its blasphemous for royalty are God's chosen, blood and spiritual blessing are required for such titles. Little do people know Kings were sacrificed in the beginning, not many wanted to be the King for they knew once they got a certain age they would be sacrificed for the community. Kings couldn't eat in front of the people, couldn't be seen eating or drinking, being king was no joke it was a serious undertaking. The king wore a mask at all times, people were not allowed to see the king, his image couldn't not be duplicated, viewed upon for he was considered close to divine. Europeans made kings into a joke with public displays of arrogance, haughtiness and kings gloating before the people while they grumbled and begged. African kings were noble, mysterious and god like in character and they had to obey the priesthoods in which they belonged, African kings were not separate selfish rulers like European kings. Many earlier Kings of Africa were warriors first and they fought in battle and lead in battle.
Very interesting.

This reminds me of a history class I took a while back...

Like you said, some kings were warriors that saved their people...

I do understand why ancients would equate these rulers with godhood.

So, if you've got royal blood be proud! Just let the rest of know how we can find out that info for ourselves...:)

KingSango

Banned
Aug 18, 2013
Being king or queen isn't the novelty the modern times have made out to be, its a serious servant position, many use to turn it down. And now today kings are 10 a penny, its gotten ridiculous.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

As I have mentioned in another thread, at least in the case of Ndongo, those taken captive were the traditional Spiritual leadership. This means those who belonged to our sacred society, which were our Royals. These were those who refused conversion to the white man's religion.

So, where is the blasphemy in brother Keita's statement?

How do you know that he is not descended from the Keita clan of Mali?

I will not go to the extreme to say that all of us are of Royal blood or birth, but no doubt the lineages of many of us are. If you dig deep into slavery records, you might find that many early captives were "smiths" by trade. This is equivalent to what whites refer to as "mason", and this is code for those who belonged to sacred societies such as the various Black Leopard clans.

KingSango

Banned
Aug 18, 2013
As I have mentioned in another thread, at least in the case of Ndongo, those taken captive were the traditional Spiritual leadership. This means those who belonged to our sacred society, which were our Royals. These were those who refused conversion to the white man's religion.

So, where is the blasphemy in brother Keita's statement?

How do you know that he is not descended from the Keita clan of Mali?

I will not go to the extreme to say that all of us are of Royal blood or birth, but no doubt the lineages of many of us are. If you dig deep into slavery records, you might find that many early captives were "smiths" by trade. This is equivalent to what whites refer to as "mason", and this is code for those who belonged to sacred societies such as the various Black Leopard clans.
Let's try not to belittle what it means to give your life to your community, kings were ritually sacrificed in the beginnings of African history, thus came the myth of crucified saviors. There's much loyalty in being a king, much courage and altruism its not the prideful Alexander type, King Author or Elizabeth or Czar conquering and enslaving.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Let's try not to belittle what it means to give your life to your community, kings were ritually sacrificed in the beginnings of African history, thus came the myth of crucified saviors. There's much loyalty in being a king, much courage and altruism its not the prideful Alexander type, King Author or Elizabeth or Czar conquering and enslaving.

I'm not belittling anything but you seem to be doing just that. Royals include all members of royal lineage, not just kings and queens. Not all royals were crucified but many were taken captive in the Maafa.

Interesting though your attempt to lecture others yet what is your chosen name here?

You speak as if you are the sole authority here, but you're not.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍