Black Spirituality Religion : Yoruba philosophy of self-development

soulosophy

Oct 21, 2006
Apologies to all for slightly deviating from the topic with a quick question.

Elder Sekhemu, what is the title of the thread you wrote last year providing guidance on getting a reading from an African priest? A Babalawo has just arrived from the US, and I would like to go for a reading/divination having briefed myself on what to expect.

Thank you,

Alexandra
Greetings sis Alexandra,

I was wondering whether you would mind sharing that information with me please in terms of who the Babalawo is, and, is it a private set up or can one book appointments to see them?

Thanks in advance!

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
Modupe sistah

I don't see the culture as lost as much as misplaced

There are traditional African healers/elders right here in the states, but they're not being sort out as much you would think

Are there charlitains and hustlers out there fakin' the funk? Ofcourse there are, but they're a drop in the bucket in comparison to authentic,dedicated and sincere healers that want nothing more than to help restore the condition our people

There was a time when I bounced around from one metaphysical discipline to another, but one saturday night one of my Egun told me all of the answers I've been looking for can be found in the rich spiritual traditions of the motherland, BAR NONE

Suffice to say all African traditional religions have the ways and means to collect the missing emotional, psychic, financial, mental and cultural links that have been buried and languishing In the galleys of white supremacy light code lock down for 500 years

Tell me what new age channeler or a western astrologer or even a tarot card can do that an Akan Okomfo or Ausar/Auset society priest/priestess can or alredady hasn't done, and more?

Why are more whites flocking to the traditions that are our very own birthright?

One brotha who shall go un-named actually had a problem with people bowing to Shekem ur Shekem

Excuse my french but WTF? Foribale has nothing to do with bowing to the physical shell we call man, but everything to do with the ashe of the divinity that has been cultivated in the person we bow to

We trip over our own ego time and time again

truer words have never been spoken.

3 Nephi 14:20 — “Wherefore, by their fruits ye shall know them.”

soulosophy

Oct 21, 2006
Bump....

Sis Alex?? :hi: Just wondering about the Babalawo who is visiting the UK...

Sekhemu

Jul 9, 2003
new jersey
Occupation
priest
Apologies to all for slightly deviating from the topic with a quick question.

Elder Sekhemu, what is the title of the thread you wrote last year providing guidance on getting a reading from an African priest? A Babalawo has just arrived from the US, and I would like to go for a reading/divination having briefed myself on what to expect.

Thank you,

Alexandra
Sistah I've been looking for that thread for a minute now lol

But hear are a few questions you need to pose to the Awo before and during he cast dafa

1 What's the name of his lineage and what is the name of his initiator? Can you contact other priest in his lineage

2 ask him what he charges for the reading before you meet him

3. How long has he been an Awo?

4. When he cast the opele (note he will only do this when talking with Orunmila) ask if he sees you with ifa or orunmila

5 ask him do you have any health concerns that need to be addressed

6. Ask him the name of the odu that came down and if you need to receice ilekes or any other form of initiation

7. If he tells you that you will receive ilekes ask him precisely how to build and what you put on your shrine and if he needs to consecrate it

Remember to bring pen and pad and wear white if possible

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: