Black Poetry : Yard Sale Tale

Harry Hyman

Oct 31, 2003
North Carolina
Occupation
Salesman
Yard-Sale Tale

Come and listen to my story 'bout some girls, truck and gas
gone a ridin' down the street doin' 50, haulin' ***.
Just a laughin' and a cacklin' while jokin' havin' fun,
It's a bright sunny day and the girls are on a run

Well, turnin' down a street was a sign by the mail
and bargain huntin' eyes had them shoutin' "Yard Sale"
Broke hinges on the door, cracked a double pane of glass
just gettin' out the truck on a day that's goin' fast

Well the next thing you know the truck was loaded down
with lamps and clothes and all the things they found
The money gettin' low but the Sun was high off ground.
The girls sniffed the air when they heard a strange sound

They raced over tracks, crossed a bridge and a pond
turned left down a street, Yard Sales were goin' on !
How they knew it? I don't know! Some psychic odor thin
that primes female noses to hunt bargains in the wind

Down a path, round a moat, over land and thru the trees
found suspended was a castle on a cloud above the seas
of oaken doors and marbled floors with vivid rainbow rays
reflecting brilliant sunlight on its halls of gold archways.

What froze the girls, hynotized and mesmerized their mind,
was outside on the castle's lawn, a giant "YARD SALE" sign
where golden statues, silver slippers, gems and kitchen tools
made eyes light up, knees go weak, saliva drip and drool!

Arching stairs appeared in sky and spanned the distance fast
Racing 'cross its golden steps transfixed by 'Yard Sale' grass
Rummaged they, oohed and aahed for hours six or seven to
cry with tears, when over, for this time in Yard Sale Heaven

And singing in the loaded truck with treasures in the back
the day was full of magic buys, 'twas time to hit the sack and
dream cherished moments when to bargain, hunt and seek
the Goodies at the Yard Sales that await for them next week.

HH

deepy

Jun 4, 2003
nyc
My goodness...there i was in the mix...
moving from sale to sale...
you weaved that one so well...smiling, laughing
recognizing truth in the tale you tell..
you are special...special..
loved also the juxtaposition of what you see and
what we women see....
twas real....
wonderful

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Black Poetry : Yard Sale Tale Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
O Black Entertainment : Kids Having Some Water Fun in their Yard Black Entertainment 0
R Black Poetry : His knowledge and attitude make him a college dude folks do hears his flow and a few years ago he was in the yard alone lawn mower hit a hard stone a Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Have a house in the city to some it arouse pity a Mickey Mouse is witty and wanna start trouble he flow hard and mow the yard see a girl now he be hoo Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
KPITRL Black People : 13 Dead Including Shooter at DC Navy Yard Black People Open Forum 55
Skinny Jeans Destee Network : Da Back Yard Destee Network : 1
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Jacob Miller, Tenement Yard Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
M Black Entertainment : Stomp The Yard Black Entertainment 3
ASHANTA Black Poetry : I’ se Stand In The Church Yard Grave Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
M Black Poetry : Short Keystyle about My Yard Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
K Drama in the school yard!!! Black Children 7
M Black Poetry : My yard #2 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
M Black Poetry : My Yard Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
blakverb Black Poetry : I grow dandeLIONS in my yard Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
M Black Poetry : The Front Yard Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
alyce Black Poetry : Back"Yard" Flow (slow whine) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
umbrarchist Black Education / Schools : Udemy sale 6 hours left Black Education / Schools 57
rapchild Black Money Business Jobs : AFRICAN PRINT BACKPACKS 4 SALE Black Money Business Jobs 0
jamesfrmphilly Steals and Deals : woke tee shirt sale Shopping - Steals and Deals! 5
Writspirit Black People : Tickets Go On Sale Feb 19-20 For Michael Jackson June Tribute Black People Open Forum 0
rapchild Black People : Africans For Sale Black People Open Forum 1
rapchild Ghana : GHANA FOR SALE Ghana 5
RAPTOR Black People : Why Did New Jersey Ban the Sale of Tesla Electric Cars? Black People Open Forum 7
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Money Business Jobs : Walterboro's two hotels for sale Black Money Business Jobs 2
jamesfrmphilly Computers - Software Hardware : Intel's open-source Galileo computer on sale for $69.90 Science and Technology 1
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Steam Summer Sale (July 11 - 22) Science and Technology 2
Rick Reed Black People : Homes for sale in Rockville, Maryland Black People Open Forum 0
Rick Reed Black People : Homes for sale in Germantown, Maryland Black People Open Forum 0
Beautiful hair Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : VIRGIN REMY HAIR SALE !!!! Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 2
Ankhur Black People : Increasing the sale of instruments of Death will Create Jobs Black People Open Forum 1
S Zimbabwe : Zimbabwe court approves 'blood diamond' sale Zimbabwe 1
H Black People Politics : Obama "Sock Monkey" for sale Black People Politics 0
D Black Poetry : Are You For Sale? - What's The Price? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
D Black People : Money Can Buy Everthing: Kids for sale? Sold by Your Own Mother? In 2007? , Black People Open Forum 3
P Ghana : African Real Estate: Properties for sale in Ghana Ghana 0
P Ghana : African Real Estate: Properties for sale in Ghana Ghana 5
K Destee Network : websites for sale Destee Network : 14
C Black Poetry : Male for Sale Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
W Black Poetry : FOR SALE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
D Black Poetry : R U 4 Sale? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
R Destee Network : Two-way Pagers For Sale Destee Network : 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : The Forgotten Tale of How Black Psychiatrists Helped Make ‘Sesame Street’ Black Education / Schools 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Tale of the little fairy Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Tale of the Invisble Crown Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : TALE OF THE SHIPWRECK SAILOR: A cut and paste job of Paul’s Shipwreck? AACOOLDRE 0
chuck Black People : Today's Detroit: Another 'Tale of Two Cities' Story! Black People Open Forum 0
shaka64 Black People : A Tale Twice Told: Comparing 12 Years a Slave to 1984’s TV Movie Solomon Northup’s Odyssey Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Jackie Robinson tale '42' scores with $27.3M debut Black Entertainment 8
skuderjaymes Black People : "A Tale Of Two Hoodies"... powerful painting by Michael D'Antuono Black People Open Forum 26
MsInterpret Black Short Stories : South-African Folk Tale: Tink-Tinkje Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2