South Africa : Wy Is the US Importing Oranges From South Africa?

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
That's what the man told me.

There were two bins of oranges. One with home grown oranges for a dollar a piece and the other the grocer told me was from South Africa for 86 cents.

The US has been destroying the good supply in Africa for centuries and now we have to import oranges from them? Poetic justice?

But wait a minute, the people in Africa are supposed to be starving. Why is their government selling food to the United States?

info-moetry

STAFF
STAFF
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
Peace

There were two bins of oranges. One with home grown oranges for a dollar a piece and the other the grocer told me was from South Africa for 86 cents.
- I want to ask that grocer why he's segregating his oranges...lol

Why is their government selling food to the United States?

I think the answer though can be found in the 'who runs america' thread...

asmith161718

Dec 31, 2009
Africa is not a country. Not everyone in Africa is starving. There is famine in the country of Somalia. Foreign governments have purchased land in Africa mainly because their land is not producing enough food.

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
That's what the man told me.

The US has been destroying the good supply in Africa for centuries and now we have to import oranges from them? Poetic justice?

But wait a minute, the people in Africa are supposed to be starving. Why is their government selling food to the United States?
how can one speak of Africation, and deny Black farmers Afro American dolars, but it is OK for negros to purchase gold and diamonds from white folks there?

How can anyone speak about Pan Africanism unles we buy ant way we can from our sister and brother back home?

Let's face te facts, with SAs objection to the US and NATO involvement in Libya does anyone expect,
US and AFRICOM to allow any aid from SA to the now US, former Russian colony Somalia?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Destee Ghana : Legal Requirements for Doing Business / Buying / Importing From Ghana to USA ? Ghana 6
jamesfrmphilly importing medicines.... Black Health and Wellness 7
OldSoul Black People : Blacks Without Borders: Chasing the American Dream in South Africa Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : QUEEN SONO Official Trailer (2020) South African crime drama web television series Black People Open Forum 0
blazejay Black People Politics : South Florida is worse for blacks Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : 2 billion-year-old water in South Africa may hold answers to Mars mysteries Science and Technology 0
blazejay Black People : A boiling pot in the South Black People Open Forum 2
Al D Black People : Hip Hop in South Africa Black People Open Forum 0
Al D Black People : Xenophobia in South Africa Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Battle Brews to Dump Jim Crow-Era Voting Rules in Deep South Mississippi Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : How the South Won the Civil War African American History Culture 1
Mike Black People : Can Hispanics/South Americans say "*****"? Black People Open Forum 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : South Africa's ex-president just signed a record deal Black Entertainment 0
Perfection South Sudan : In Context Series: The New Electoral Law in South Sudan South Sudan 0
Perfection South Africa : In Context Series: South Africa's Land Reform Crisis: Eliminating the Legacy of Apartheid South Africa 0
Perfection Black People Politics : In Context Series: More than Country Rap: Hip Hop’s Impact on the Post-Civil Rights American South Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr South Sudan : At scene of South Sudan mass rape, 'no one could hear me' South Sudan 0
Perfection Lesotho : In Context Series: Lesotho and the New South Africa: The Question of Incorporation Lesotho 0
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀ Black Women Journalists in the South, 1880-1905 Black Women 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀ Aunt Jemima Explained--Old South, Absent Mistress, and the Slave in a Box Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ↢Omnipresent ₳fricans Research↣ Belief and Identity among African Indians of Karnataka, South India Black People Politics 0
Destee South Africa : Nike stores closed in South Africa amid outcry over racist web video post South Africa 0
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : South African photographer of iconic protest image dies South Africa 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : The internet is obsessed with these South Sudanese beauties Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
chuck Africa : What are your thoughts about the ongoing health crisis in South Sudan? All Things Africa 1
chuck Africa : What are your thoughts about the ongoing crisis of Africans in South Sudan? All Things Africa 3
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : South Africa’s Zuma May Have Finally Met The Scandal That Brings Him Down South Africa 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Dirty South: blacks owned Blacks too? AACOOLDRE 9
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Silk and Mink from South Korea Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : South Africa mourns the death of Ontlametse Phalatse South Africa 0
jamesfrmphilly African American History Culture : chicago-south-side 1941.... African American History Culture 6
Destee South Africa : South Africa's New Minimum Wage - $1.60 an hour South Africa 0
Destee South Africa : South Africa to Become First African Country to Legalise Cannabis South Africa 0
Destee South Africa : Pretoria: Xenophobia has risen in South Africa as foreigners are blamed for high unemployment South Africa 1
Destee South Africa : Johannesburg - largest city in South Africa South Africa 4
Destee South Africa : Durban - largest city in the South African province of KwaZulu-Natal. South Africa 0
Destee South Africa : Cape Town - coastal city in South Africa South Africa 0
sekou kasimu Black People : "Hair Racism" in South Afrika. Black People Open Forum 0
chuck South Africa : What Are You Feeling About Black Politics In South Africa Today? South Africa 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Armed clash over black mosque triggers anger in South Dallas Black People Politics 13
Black Travelers Network South Africa : 2017 South Africa- Details & Payment Plan Coming Soon South Africa 0
jamesfrmphilly African Traditional Religion : west-african-village-in-south-carolina African Traditional Religion Study Group 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Hillary Clinton wins South Carolina as Bernie Sanders flops with black voters Black People Politics 7
IFE Black People : cellphones show South Carolina cop flipping girl out of seat, throwing her on ground Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : South Carolina Rainfall Is Worst In A Thousand Years, Gov. Haley Says Science and Technology 3
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : South Africa's new human ancestor sparks race row South Africa 0
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : South African black doll breaks the mould in high style South Africa 5
Black Phoenix South Africa : Black Excellence: Black Women Speak Candidly About Sex In A New South African Web Series South Africa 1
Black Phoenix South Africa : Black Excellence: Phenomenal African Women Celebrated in Posters for South Africa’s National Women’s South Africa 0
Black Phoenix African American History Culture : The photographer who rejected racism in the American south African American History Culture 5