Black Relationships : Would Any Kind of Poly Relationship Word in the United States?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Elsewhere I have said that I would accept a polygamous marriage. I have to qualify that acceptance. I would accept it in an otherwise non-patriarchal based society. Here in the US I don't thin it would work.

Though really, I can't imagine polygamy or any kind of marriage for that matter in a non-patriarchal society. The idea of men providing for and protecting women is itself patriarchal. All decent men should take a stand against a rapist, not just her husband.

medusanegrita

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 13, 2010
STL Missouri
Elsewhere I have said that I would accept a polygamous marriage. I have to qualify that acceptance. I would accept it in an otherwise non-patriarchal based society. Here in the US I don't thin it would work.

Though really, I can't imagine polygamy or any kind of marriage for that matter in a non-patriarchal society. The idea of men providing for and protecting women is itself patriarchal. All decent men should take a stand against a rapist, not just her husband.

Within a marriage or outside of one?

Yes, only a first spouse would be recognize as a legal spouse, but you can have ceremony and actually 'marry' more than one. I would consider those you had ceremony and a license for to be your spouses.

So again, is this inside of ceremony & license or outside of it?

Seems like a lot of things works outside of ceremony and license better than it works inside of it.

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns

The idea of men providing for and protecting women is itself patriarchal

Have you ever thought that that instinct is simply part of heterosexual male feelings, and emotions that we even exhibit as children?

medusanegrita

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 13, 2010
STL Missouri
The idea of men providing for and protecting women is itself patriarchal.
Have you ever thought that that instinct is simply part of heterosexual male feelings, and emotions that we even exhibit as children?
No child is born with an 'instict' to protect their family. You only believed that because that's what you been taught and learned under your religion.

Children are not born with a need to 'protect' their family but with something called empathy in that they don't want to see their family hurt or in physical pain.

Being a 'protector' is not an instinct, it is a learned societal response.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - June 16, 2019 - The Only Black Town of its Kind Black People Open Forum 0
Ndugu Black People Politics : Cong Elijah Cummings precided the new "Valachi" hearings over a dif kind of Gangster Black People Politics 1
J Support : Kind of lost.. Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 6
R Black Poetry : Got a bundle of proof but stumble over the truth and got up like nothing happen, history be kind and Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Fine1952 Black People : ?What Kind Of Person Are You? Black People Open Forum 22
Kemet Travel The Front Porch : Discover yourself by travel with Kemet Travel on a different kind of Spirit journey The Front Porch 7
shaka64 Audio Video Web Conferencing : Jealous Kind Of Fella- Garland Green Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
crwn Black People : Expressions of another kind Black People Open Forum 1
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black People : Best of hue-man kind is the Farmer??? Black People Open Forum 0
coey30 Black Poetry : Kind Of Woman Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Mint Condition - What Kind Of Man Would I Be Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
R Black Poetry : Yes I rhyme the best of its kind see a girl with breasts fine Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Destee Black People Politics : Who Has Beat America In A Military Action - War - That Kind Of Thing? Black People Politics 32
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : What kind of Mythological Creature is a Plumed Serpent, and who is DH Laurence? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Gorilla Black Spirituality Religion : PLoS Blogs: What kind of Buddhist was Steve Jobs? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
info-moetry Audio Video Web Conferencing : Mint Condition - What kind of man would i be Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Shikamaru Computers - Software Hardware : What kind of tablets are you rocking? Science and Technology 88
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : WOES of a kind HEART(forbidden luv) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Full Speed Black People : What kind of employee are you? Black People Open Forum 26
Ankhur Black People : The kind of People we Saw on Free Television as Children Black People Open Forum 3
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Is It Some Kind Of Game Black People Play With Ourselves? Chief Elder Osiris 0
Ankhur Haiti : What kind of religion would say the horror in Haiti was a good thing?? Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 32
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : What kind of spirituality concentrates on dividing thier own race? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Destee Black Weight Loss : Exercise - What Kind Do You Do? Black Health and Wellness 14
Kamau47 Black People : How do I get this kind of understanding? Black People Open Forum 6
cherryblossom Black People : What Kind Of Thinker Are You? Black People Open Forum 9
P Black Poetry : We Just Kind Of...Fell Into Each Other Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
P Black Haiku : Kind Words Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
1poetsought Black Poetry : Incarceration of the Third Kind Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
M Black Poetry : THE WORST KIND OF PAIN Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
L Poetry Critiques : My Kind of Perfect Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
O Black People : Organizing for Self and Kind Black People Open Forum 0
B Black Spirituality Religion : WHAT KIND OF PROPHET WAS ZACHARIAS? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : God is never unkind- He is kind or neutral only. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 29
H Black Short Stories : WARM, LIGHT, KIND, COMFORTING, PERFECT... Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
C Black Poetry : Kind of Love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
soulful2006 Black Poetry : A Kind Word Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
$ Black Short Stories : Passage from: Another Kind of Blue Short Stories - Authors - Writing 5
nevar Quiet Poetry Lounge : What kind of man are you? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
I Black Haiku : Haiku 20 ( KIND OF MEAN) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
M Black Spirituality Religion : Europians are Man-Kind Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
soulful2006 Black Poetry : Some Kind Of Emotion Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
A Africa : First of its Kind African Fraternity Makes Debut... All Things Africa 4
C Black Poetry : This Special Kind of Love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
P Black Poetry : A Sunday kind of Love... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
watzinaname Black Poetry : Are You That Kind of Man? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
L Black Poetry : That kind of loving it dont work for me... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
F Black Poetry : The kind of love... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
P Black Poetry : two of a kind (a girl and women) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
M Black Poetry : A NEW KIND OF TEAR Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10