Black Positive People : WOODSONCENTER.ORG

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Who is kidding who?
This is America. It has always been about race. Laying that weight solely on the black community is what at best can be called disingenuous but I'd call it something else entirely. What he says;
It's all your fault so,
Bow down before the $ be nice to the racists and don't be too too so black.....then you'll be ok and will have a nice life.

What I personally have to say to him bout that can't be repeated in this forum.

"I won't slave for beggars pay
Likewise gold for gold and jewels."

houserunner

Feb 12, 2010
I have to disagree on how dismissive he is on the historical continuance of racism and how it affects us today. I do, however do not dismiss his point about liberalism playing a part. Because the way I see it, conservative and liberal are 2 children of the same father. In the end they all have their agendas that they are pushing and for the most part, in my humble opinion, use different avenues to achieve the same ends which usually does not bode well for you and me.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Umm, the thing is houserunner what is 'called' liberal now is not what a liberal was or what their agenda was during the time Woodson refers back to, he is what you could call ahistorical. What some nice people would say, a revisionist. Or what I call a liar by omission because he demands a conclusion while omitting and then conflating key historical facts that were really separated by decades.
For instance; the war on poverty was a social welfare program for All of America, it was not passed strictly for the black. Nor did it break up any black family.
Urban renewal came in under the guise of a republican highway plan left over from the DDE years and pushed by the repugs AFTER the civil rights bills had past. And that plan is what broke up and splintered all the thriving black communities from the east coast to the far western shore line.
The black family started being torn asunder by the Nixon administrations war on drugs and the villainous propaganda linking people of color and crime as one and the same.
The big sin of the liberal agenda at that time? They thought the job was done after the the war on poverty and the civil rights deal was done, so they pulled a ripvanwhinkle on us all and went to sleep for 50 years. When they finally wake up finding a neoliberal world spinning out of control where money is god and so now they're grasping for the threads of what was once really the liberal agenda and trying to reclaim that high ground.
Don't mistake the liberal of the 60's for the neoliberal of the last 40 years, they are two very different animals. Meanwhile the repugs have remained what they have always been since the civil voting rights act passed.....avowed racists.

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
Umm, the thing is houserunner what is 'called' liberal now is not what a liberal was or what their agenda was during the time Woodson refers back to, he is what you could call ahistorical. What some nice people would say, a revisionist. Or what I call a liar by omission because he demands a conclusion while omitting and then conflating key historical facts that were really separated by decades.
For instance; the war on poverty was a social welfare program for All of America, it was not passed strictly for the black. Nor did it break up any black family.
Urban renewal came in under the guise of a republican highway plan left over from the DDE years and pushed by the repugs AFTER the civil rights bills had past. And that plan is what broke up and splintered all the thriving black communities from the east coast to the far western shore line.
The black family started being torn asunder by the Nixon administrations war on drugs and the villainous propaganda linking people of color and crime as one and the same.
The big sin of the liberal agenda at that time? They thought the job was done after the the war on poverty and the civil rights deal was done, so they pulled a ripvanwhinkle on us all and went to sleep for 50 years. When they finally wake up finding a neoliberal world spinning out of control where money is god and so now they're grasping for the threads of what was once really the liberal agenda and trying to reclaim that high ground.
Don't mistake the liberal of the 60's for the neoliberal of the last 40 years, they are two very different animals. Meanwhile the repugs have remained what they have always been since the civil voting rights act passed.....avowed racists.
Sorry ogoun, this faux pas is entirely on my ignorance of the true man. I just listened to the radio interview and ran with it without conducting the rightful and proper in-depth research on the "Real" man before posting and extolling his virtues. Now I see he claimed Trump was seriously considering him to run HUD. I'd be interesting to know why he was cast off for DR. Ben Carson getting the position?

Someone e-mailed these to me and that is incontrovertible proof that he is steeped in Conservative roots. I won't say he's a bad man, just not a good man to seriously lead us under the banner of us carving out a stable self sustaining position in America from strength and determination, not negotiating and posturing for favor and acceptance. Again, thanks for enlightening me.

download.jpg

Bob+Woodson+Donald+Trump+Holds+Weekend+Meetings+EHaEApDNNNIl.jpg

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
I'd have far less to say about Woodson if he didn't peddle his goods in mendacity.

Dr. Carson? The what to say about him. Ones tempted to say something vulgar, but I won't.
What I think Dr. Carson brings to the table is a case of Aspergers syndrome or that of an idiot savant (if you will). Absolutely brilliant operating within a narrow frame but if for one reason or other is taken out of that small frame work becomes a completely lost soul that's been thrown into an alien world like a babe deserted in the woods or a fish taken out of water.

Edited to add;
If anyone is interested in deconstructing just what Woodson is, what he represents and how he should be viewed there is this handy little bit of philosophical musing from Henry Frankfurt:
http://www2.csudh.edu/ccauthen/576f12/frankfurt__harry_-_on_bullshit.pdf

Live Sunday 12 Noon ET!

Brother OldSoul - Consciousness Raising Online

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: