Black Poetry : Woke Up This Morning.....

Clio_the_Muze

Jul 7, 2003
Detroit, MI
Occupation
S.T.U.D.E.N.T
I woke up this morning
With your warm body next to mine
And I turned on the news only to learn
That we will never be married
Or accepted
Or recognized
Or respected
We will continue to share this beautiful manifestation
Of a soul-deep connection
Beneath the catacombs and bowels of everyday life
You will pretend to be the nurturing physically handicapped teacher
And I will pretend to be the revolutionary English teacher by day
And hardcore entrepreneur by night
We will push students to new limits
Cause them to question
For the unexamined life is not worth living
And no one will guess at our alter egos
And no one will make the connection between our children
And their two mamies
And if they do, then maybe we will move someplace
Where we can homeschool without harrassment
But the fact of the matter
Even without all the kinks worked out
Is that we will never be married
Or accepted
Or even respected
We will always simply be a fearsome fairytale
And a living example that churches can point their fingers at
For condemnation

watzinaname

Oct 4, 2003
Northeast
Wow...this was deeply written. You definitely gave us something to think about, and rethink in some cases. Keep your flow going.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
str8 awesome scribing felt it deeply too
ya pen on a roll flow on

the_story

Jul 7, 2003
in your atmosphere...
Occupation
n/a
hey brookie, wassup how are u? u know i liked this poem, don't worry everything will be alright...love u...no matter what decision u make i'll alwayz back u...
:heart:
your loving sister,
-anna

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Keita Kenyatta Black Poetry : Poetry Woke Me Up This Morning Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
A Black Poetry : I Woke Up This Morning Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
One-Hundredd Health and Wellness : Truths of being "woke" (Heightened Awareness) Black Health and Wellness 2
jamesfrmphilly Steals and Deals : woke tee shirt sale Shopping - Steals and Deals! 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : T.I.'s Open Letter to President Barack Obama: "You Shook Up and Woke Up a Generation" and to Trump Black People Doing Positive Things 6
R Black Poetry : Woke up in the air today and must prepare a way to let Folks know how the quotes flow about the beas Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Khasm13 eye stay woke Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
R Black Poetry : One dude woke up mind broke up bad dream and need mad steam Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
$$RICH$$ Black Haiku : U WOKE ME UP Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
I Black People : If I Woke up Handcuffed to this Pale Heffa..... Black People Open Forum 4
howardtsu Black Poetry : You Woke Me Up Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
HODEE Black Poetry : I woke you on purpose Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
T Black Poetry : When I woke up.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : See today i woke up... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
U Black Poetry : This Mornin I Woke Up Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
T Black Poetry : Yesterday I Woke Up Dead Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
N Black Poetry : Woke up in the Mornig.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
T Black Poetry : When I woke up Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
baller Black Poetry : she woke up... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
baller Black Poetry : when i woke... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
HODEE Black People Politics : The Morning After... The Activists Who Helped Plan The Insurrection Feel Betrayed Black People Politics 1
L Black Men : Morning Coffee... Black Men 0
IFE The Police : security guard shot a man outside of an apartment complex in Kansas City early Tuesday morning Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 22
shaka64 Black People : Philadelphia soul singer Billy Paul died at the age of 81 Sunday morning, according to his manager. Black People Open Forum 2
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Sunday Morning ramblings Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
baller Black Poetry : a good morning, indeed Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
MS234 Audio Video Web Conferencing : capleton ft method man - wings of the morning {remix} Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Morning Spin: African-American aldermen offer list of demands on Chicago police misconduct Black People Politics 1
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: This begin funny try win money this morning a brisk warning That I may get lucky but can’ Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Destee Health and Wellness : I Did My First 5K This Morning! Black Health and Wellness 12
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : This Morning’s Coffee Grounds Could Be the Fuel to Cook Tonight’s Dinner Science and Technology 2
HODEE Black Poetry : Morning Symphony Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : The Morning Detox Tea and a Salad for your Skin Black Health and Wellness 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Lucifer & the Venus Morning star AACOOLDRE 0
OldSoul OldSoul : On the Pulse of Morning - Dr Maya Angelou OldSoul 1
K The Front Porch : Good Morning Everyone! The Front Porch 5
Destee Support : Technical Difficulties Experienced This Morning Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 2
MS234 Audio Video Web Conferencing : Wings of the Morning Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
B Black Spirituality Religion : Mercury and Venus are the Morning Stars and Evening Stars Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Destee Black People : Are You a Morning Person - Night Time Person - What? Black People Open Forum 14
PurpleMoons Black Jokes Humor : How my kids be feeling in the morning for school Black Jokes Humor 0
MS234 Audio Video Web Conferencing : capleton ft method man - wings of the morning {remix} Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : jon lucien - morning sun Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly Health and Wellness : 'morning after' pill available over the counter... Black Health and Wellness 11
Q The Front Porch : Good morning, wealth and happiness to you all! The Front Porch 3
ru2religious Black Relationships : (Adult topic) I read this morning on a blog that women.... Black Relationships 80
L Black Short Stories : The Morning After Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
TotalView Black Poetry : Early Morning Rise Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Billie Holiday, Good Morning Heartache Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Ankhur Black People Politics : Obama and Bush /together this Morning at Ground Zero Black People Politics 0