Black People : will we ever get better leaders?

baller

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 28, 2001
the near north
unfortunately, today's society isn't about the morality, or deep commitment, of the past. it's about convenience, and expedience, and superficial commitment that's more about today...than tomorrow. with that said, i will not say there aren't any "yesterdays" type leaders out there...but, i think, the question is...are there any "yesterdays" type followers out there? we have leaders, of a sort, but from what i've seen, we don't have enough committed followers to support them. we don't have enough people, who are concerned enough about something other than themselves, to follow the leadership of someone telling them they have to look beyond themselves...to a bigger picture.

SO FEW OF US CAN SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE.

not many of us can imagine a picture where we--SELF--are not the most dominant, or important thing, in it. if we ever get to that place, i imagine there will be leaders there waiting for us to follow.

IF, INDEED, WE NEED LEADERS.

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Good question(s) ...

any hopes for leaders who won't sell us out?

Good dialog ...

Peace bro. James,

...I don't religiously believe in Farrakhan but I did read something where he said that we must depend on God and our selves. I agree with him on that. Leaders can go astray so we should depend on God and our selves I agree...

Peace and brotherly love,
Broham
unfortunately, today's society isn't about the morality, or deep commitment, of the past. it's about convenience, and expedience, and superficial commitment that's more about today...than tomorrow. with that said, i will not say there aren't any "yesterdays" type leaders out there...but, i think, the question is...are there any "yesterdays" type followers out there? we have leaders, of a sort, but from what i've seen, we don't have enough committed followers to support them. we don't have enough people, who are concerned enough about something other than themselves, to follow the leadership of someone telling them they have to look beyond themselves...to a bigger picture.

not many of us can imagine a picture where we--SELF--are not the most dominant, or important thing, in it. if we ever get to that place, i imagine there will be leaders there waiting for us to follow.

Our national leadership has been waning for some time now, but let's not overlook or forget about the Grassroots and the work being done at this moment, which is accessible through the Internet ... Below is just one, out of many sites, offering links to Black grassroots and resources:

topaao.gif

Click for alphabetize listing: http://www.aawc.com/zaao.html

IFE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 20, 2015

:goodpost:

My thoughts exactly.

ITA @ i think, the question is...are there any "yesterdays" type followers out there?

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.
sekou kasimu wrote on ZIbijah's profile.
Have you read "The Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Origins of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression"?
$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days