Black People Politics : Will Obama's Election Really Help YOU/US?

Feb 26, 2008
Or is his possible election just something to make you feel good for a minute? Will it be a nice lovemaking session(days) or>>> A "quickie"? I just think that many of us are losing our sights in this blinding furor. Will ANYTHING change? Will we just have a darker skinned Massa? Will he change the way this country thinks? The way they treat US? Will he continue to lose his HUE? What say you. I will not cloud this with my opinion.

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
Or is his possible election just something to make you feel good for a minute? Will it be a nice lovemaking session(days) or>>> A "quickie"? I just think that many of us are losing our sights in this blinding furor. Will ANYTHING change? Will we just have a darker skinned Massa? Will he change the way this country thinks? The way they treat US? Will he continue to lose his HUE? What say you. I will not cloud this with my opinion.
What difference does it make if he becomes a dark skinned "massa"? Shouldn't we all have the aopportunity if we want it?

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
To affect Racism? To be an AFRIKAN MASSA? NO. thats silly bootzey. And is that an opportunity?
Obama is not going to be the superhero "Black Messiah" to save us all from the yoke of racism. That's not what he's running for. He is campaigning for the job of presidency. That's it.

His image may show up on some church fans with Martin Luther King, Mahalia Jackson and some praying children.

Feb 26, 2008
Obama is not going to be the superhero "Black Messiah" to save us all from the yoke of racism. That's not what he's running for. He is campaigning for the job of presidency. That's it.

His image may show up on some church fans with Martin Luther King, Mahalia Jackson and some praying children.

I said "massa" not "messiah" Nobody is expecting that. So then if he does nothing to help his people, that is cool? Look, you all dont get me wrong. he is not my type of brother for the job. I am more a Khallid Muhammad type person, but Obama is what he is. So the answer to my question is........

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
can you say supreme court?

the next president will shape the supreme court for the rest of our lifetimes. is that long enough for you?

given just that one factor, anybody who is pessimistic or not committed to an obama victory should probably have their head examined.

mazimtaim

Aug 29, 2006
Well, I wouldn't be that extreme. I would say that politically, he would be better than John McCain. But I don't expect him to grant some boon to the "Black" community. Our challenge remains the same.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Sister ... what did you decide? How will we be moving forward? I've been working, I am excited. I Love You! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
One-Hundredd wrote on Destee's profile.
Hope you having a happy holidayz