Black People : Will Cuba give up Assata Shakur for what? or money.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

In the Spirit of Thread Consolidation,

Good stuff Yeremiyah, thanks for sharing this video ... I agree with the newscaster and the legal staff of Al Jazeera.

That since the US has Cuban refugees of long standing, and Cuba considers sister Assata a political refugee, and granted her asylum, its doubtful she will be released to America ...

We've been discussing this in the Thread below:

Enki

Assata Shakur's Letter to the Pope
Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldsoul, Thursday at 1:42 AM

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/assata-shakurs-letter-to-the-pope.82306/#post-907052

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/assata-shakurs-letter-to-the-pope.82306/page-2#post-907132

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/assata-shakurs-letter-to-the-pope.82306/page-2#post-907188

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/assata-shakurs-letter-to-the-pope.82306/page-2#post-907224

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Me and brutha Clyde C Coger Jr was discussing this in another thread. My feeling is that I don't trust politicians. The US think that if they throw enough money at them, (in secrete of course) and offer them goods and services to help their people, they will hand this sista over. And Of course, they will try and apply pressure to Castro by letting the Cuban populous know what he has turned down. Obama needs to make clear that his actions is to benefit all, and not focus on a deal that is only going to benefit a few. Because according to Castro, he's not changing ways and customs that has worked for his country.
As I said in the other thread, this is going to be a main topic during the upcoming election. And I can't wait to hear, and see how the candidates respond to this. Mainly the black/Democrats. I'm willing to bet the weak ones are not going to commit political suicide by saying they will not go after her. So, I'm looking to see how Hillary is going to handle it, I say her, because she has the clout, and the tenure.
Peace!

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

In all honesty, I believe sister Assata is below the radar of the US political landscape, with the exception of Gov. Christie. And the reason I think this is based largely on the content of the video Yeremiyah submitted from Al Jazeera. In short, their legal staff opines the following:

"That since the US has Cuban refugees of long standing, and Cuba considers sister Assata a political refugee, and granted her asylum, its doubtful she will be released to America ..."

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
... Thread update,

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/assata-shakurs-letter-to-the-pope.82306/page-3#post-907353

Me and brutha Clyde C Coger Jr was discussing this in another thread. My feeling is that I don't trust politicians. The US think that if they throw enough money at them, (in secrete of course) and offer them goods and services to help their people, they will hand this sista over. And Of course, they will try and apply pressure to Castro by letting the Cuban populous know what he has turned down. Obama needs to make clear that his actions is to benefit all, and not focus on a deal that is only going to benefit a few. Because according to Castro, he's not changing ways and customs that has worked for his country.
As I said in the other thread, this is going to be a main topic during the upcoming election. And I can't wait to hear, and see how the candidates respond to this. Mainly the black/Democrats. I'm willing to bet the weak ones are not going to commit political suicide by saying they will not go after her. So, I'm looking to see how Hillary is going to handle it, I say her, because she has the clout, and the tenure.
Peace!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KPITRL Black People Politics : Cuba refused deal to swap Assata Shakur for 5 spies, report says Black People Politics 1
OldSoul Black People : Nehanda Abiodun, 68, Black Revolutionary Who Fled to Cuba, Dies Black People Open Forum 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ↭ßlack ℭuban ∫tudies↭ French Colonization in Cuba, 1791-1809 Black People Politics 0
Writspirit Black People : National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba Coming to Lehman Center Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Cuba Gooding, Sr --Found Dead Black Entertainment 5
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : LUNG CANCER VACCINE IN CUBA? Black Health and Wellness 0
skuderjaymes Black People : What will the normalization of relations with Cuba mean for Assatta Shakur? Black People Open Forum 0
shaka64 Black People : Truth Propaganda or both New, aggressive strain of HIV discovered in Cuba Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : US could lift Cuba embargo after oil discovery Black People Politics 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : obama opens relations with cuba....... Black People Open Forum 5
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Jay-Z Defends Trip to Cuba in “Open Letter,” White House Denies Rapper’s Claims Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black Travel : You will soon be able to fly to Cuba! without all the bullmess Black Travel 3
Ankhur Haiti : Cuba - Venezuela planned to build airport in Haiti Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 11
Mad Skillz Black People : The Debate on Race in Cuba Black People Open Forum 29
Amnat77 Black Picture Image Gallery : CUBA Black Picture Image Gallery 10
Destee Pan Africanism : Crushing Defeat of US blockade of Cuba at UN African American History Culture 0
Destee Pan Africanism : UN Praises Cuba's Ability to Feed Its People African American History Culture 0
P Black People : US renews offer on Cuba embargo Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black People : Castro - Cuba - Black People Black People Open Forum 2
M Black People : Havana, Cuba Press Conference webcast* Black People Open Forum 1
U Black People : The Good Samaritan; A study of Cuba Black People Open Forum 0
P Black People : Cuba accepts US hurricane offer Black People Open Forum 1
Isaiah Haiti : HAITIANS IN KOOBA - HAITAIN HISTORY IN CUBA... Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 0
D Black People : U.S. Brigade returns from Cuba (Press Release) Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : Assata Shakur and the Long War on Black Liberation Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : North Carolina court writes Assata Shakur $15G check as land deal compensation Black People Politics 0
skuderjaymes Black People : Cubans to open talks about US fugitives including Assata Shakur as ties warm Black People Open Forum 1
OldSoul OldSoul : Assata Shakur's Letter to the Pope OldSoul 29
OldSoul OldSoul : Assata Shakur - The Strength of Women OldSoul 3
Alarm Clock Black People Politics : The auspicious timing of the scapegoating of Assata Shakur Black People Politics 0
Khasm13 Khasm13 : Assata Shakur first female on most wanted terrorist list... Khasm13 97
L Black Authors : New Book Assata Shakur Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
Ankhur Black Women : Assata Shakur Black Women 0
K Black People : Assata Shakur Black People Open Forum 4
S Black People : ASANTE SANA FROM ASSATA SHAKUR Black People Open Forum 4
G Jails / Prisons : A letter to Our Political prisoner Sistah Queen goddess Assata Shakur-Sistah 2 Sistah Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Sha'iyn Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Pam Grier not Angela or Assata Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 3
$$RICH$$ Black People : HANDS OFF ASSATA CAMPAIGN Black People Open Forum 1
info-moetry Black People : INTERVIEW WITH ASSATA.................. Black People Open Forum 2
K Pan Africanism : To My People By Assata Shakur African American History Culture 9
daroc Black Poetry : ASSATA Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
Bluewater Black Authors : Assata Shakur October 2003 Book Chat 10/09/03 Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Poetry : ESPN Publishes Poetry Tribute To Asatta Shakur Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Ancestors : Afeni Shakur - Mother of hip-hop legend Tupac, dead at 69 Honoring Black Ancestors 3
Liberty Black Entertainment : Afeni Shakur’s husband wants some of Tupac’s money in divorce settlement Black Entertainment 5
OldSoul OldSoul : A Professional Revolutionary - Zayd Malik Shakur OldSoul 0
1poetsought Law Forum : The FBI War on Tupac Shakur and Black Leaders Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
E Black Poetry : Can’t you see it’s time for the panther (tribute to Tupac Shakur) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Queenie Black People : Tupac Shakur acknowledged in Hollywood Black People Open Forum 2
Alarm Clock Black People : Belated Birthday Tribute to Tupak Shakur/ June 16, 1971 Black People Open Forum 0