Black Relationships : WHY IS MARRIAGE IMPORTANT TO YOU?

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
What else explains the difference between the two types of relationships?
When you throw God in the mix, it excludes people who aren't believers. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, did you?

oceolo

Jan 25, 2005
When you throw God in the mix, it excludes people who aren't believers. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, did you?
God blesses marriage by non believers as long as it is not done contrary to God's laws .

Romans 13:1-2
(1)Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. (2)Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

This verse shows that we are to follow the law of the land as long as it is within the boundaries of God's law and marriage is apart of both laws , so that would mean God's blesses marriage even by non-believers.

Edward Williams

Jan 14, 2006
Right here!
Occupation
Produce Justice
In most cases, marriage is a religious ceremony and acknowledgement that a couple is committed to one another. So for those of us whom are not religious ..marriage (the piece of paper) is unecessary. It doesn't mean the relationship is going to make it. It doesn't mean the parties will be faithful. And now that you can declare non-spouses beneficiaries of your insurance policies there is no REAL reason for "marriage".
It gives me a chance to get help in becoming the best person I can be from my life-long partner who is committed to helping me achieve that goal and allows me to help amy partner...presumably my life-long partner...become the best person she can be. And if by chance TOGETHER we have offpsring then as a team we can help our offspring to become the best people they can be.

It don't get no better than that.

Nasheed

Jan 15, 2008
The Ville in The Lou
Occupation
Otr Truck Driver
So Once Again

I did mention why there is a difference in the law

but I will try to explain further

When humanity fell into sin God gave us many laws to keep us moral (including laws for marriage), because the did not have Jesus yet to give them an example on how to live morally.This was possibly part of God's curse for humanity falling into sin. When Jesus came he freed us from all these laws by just simplifying them to the basic essentials which captures the spirit or essence of all God 's laws.
I believe that when Jesus freed us from the law this was another sense in which he was our savior, because he saved us from having to keep a myriad of laws.
I ask you, If G-D is perfect and all knowing then why does HIS laws have to be simplified? If G-D says it is, it is so.When G-D gave man laws there was no need to simplify them because they were Perfect from the beginning. Do you see my point. Your portrayal of G-D in your beliefs is not perfect. G-D does not make mistakes nor does HIS LAWS need to be simplified. How can a man free you from something that you were never in bondage to?

oceolo

Jan 25, 2005
I ask you, If G-D is perfect and all knowing then why does HIS laws have to be simplified? If G-D says it is, it is so.When G-D gave man laws there was no need to simplify them because they were Perfect
God gave us laws because man brought sin into the world . we needed the laws(which were numerous) as a way to keep us moral.

When Jesus came he freed us from all of those laws and gave us the laws that capture the spirit of all of the laws .

The most important of these laws are love God with all your heart. Treat others the way you want to be treated .

I believe it was done this way so it would be an additional way of Jesus being our savior.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Black People : Bush decided Gay Marriage isn't that important afterall! Black People Open Forum 3
SwagII Black Relationships : Does Marriage involve a contactual right to... Black Relationships 1
C Black People : It Is All A Marriage Black People Open Forum 0
SwagII Black Relationships : Sustaining A Marriage Is Very Difficult Today... I Wonder Why? Black Relationships 0
Al D Black People : CHILD MARRIAGE AROUND THE WORLD Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : North Carolina couple offers relationship advice after marking 82 years of marriage Black Relationships 0
Perfection Tunisia : In Context Series: Tunisia: Marriage, Divorce, and Foreign Recognition Tunisia 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : Does the old testament contain good advice on how to maintain a marriage/relationship? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : JANET JACKSON SPLITS MARRIAGE Black Entertainment 16
sekou kasimu Black People : Nate Parker's Marriage. Black People Open Forum 0
tarhaka bey Black Relationships : Is the institution of Marriage a Ancient African Custom ? Black Relationships 9
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Egyptian Marriage Ritual in Genesis AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Black Relationships : Asking a Woman’s Father For Her Hand In Marriage Black Relationships 26
KMeister Black Relationships : Supreme Court Approves Marriage Equality Black Relationships 8
Eno Otu Black Spirituality Religion : So, Islam forces people to marry (marriage is a mandatory part of the religion.) Your...? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 13
$$RICH$$ Black Relationships : MENDING MARRIAGE (Motivated to love) Black Relationships 5
CosmicMessenger Black Relationships : Why The Cosbys Marriage Lasted 50 Years... Black Relationships 4
BlaqStalley Black Relationships : Marriage: Would you consider a mutual agreement of inviting a 3rd person in your bed Adultery? Black Relationships 56
cherryblossom Black Women : Early and Forced Child Marriage - Causes/Effects Black Women 37
S Black Relationships : Using Same-sex Marriage to build a nation. Black Relationships 15
ellen covington Black Entertainment : Lamars rules of marriage Black Entertainment 16
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : How Christianity gave us gay marriage Christian Study Group 10
Blackbird Black Spirituality Religion : Marriage to Spirits - Vodou Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 52
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Short Stories : Marriage Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Short Stories : The Initiation: Before Marriage Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
legit-writer Black People : Question About Marriage Black People Open Forum 14
S Black People : "The New Black".. on same-sex marriage and the African American community in Maryland. Black People Open Forum 8
legit-writer Black People : Marriage As a Business Agreement Black People Open Forum 3
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Marriage: Parental Consent? Black Relationships 48
legit-writer Black Relationships : What is Marriage to You? Black Relationships 7
Thelma Jackson-Smith Black Relationships : What can we do to promote marriage? Black Relationships 29
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Egyptian marriage: from Bes to the best Man AACOOLDRE 1
W Black People : Muhammed Ali and Interracial Marriage Black People Open Forum 32
kusi Black Relationships : Modern Marriage Has Failed Relationships! Pt.2 Black Relationships 0
kusi Black Relationships : Modern Marriage Has Failed Relationships! Black Relationships 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black pastors bash NAACP for endorsing gay marriage Black People Politics 133
Mercyless1803 Black People Politics : NAACP backs same sex marriage Black People Politics 18
Heartbeat Black People Politics : President Obama Supports Same Sex Marriage Black People Politics 105
rapunzal24 Black Relationships : New relationship, and no sex before marriage was finally introduced. Black Relationships 48
4KT Black Relationships : Children causes marriage to breakup? Black Relationships 21
Shikamaru Black Money Business Jobs : Marriage license Black Money Business Jobs 0
Black-king Audio Video Web Conferencing : STEPS TO MARRIAGE Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Black-king Black People : Marriage Rates Declining For Blacks, Less Educated: Study Black People Open Forum 144
Black-king Audio Video Web Conferencing : INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE. Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
OldSoul OldSoul : New Research Shatters Myths and Provides New Hope for Black Love and Marriage OldSoul 4
legit-writer Black Relationships : Extra Marital Affairs Turning Into Marriage Black Relationships 3
Amnat77 Black People : Poll: 46 percent of Mississippi Republicans want interracial marriage ban Black People Open Forum 3
Kemetstry Black Relationships : 4 in 10 Say Marriage Obsolete Black Relationships 51
jamesfrmphilly Black Relationships : black marriage negotiations Black Relationships 2
S Black People : Black Marriage Negotiations Black People Open Forum 0