Black Parenting : Why Do We Martyr Single Fathers But Demonize Single Mothers?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

JenaBee63

Jul 12, 2015
atlanta ga
Occupation
Health Technician/Future Paralegal
I don't understand why society does it. I have always had the mindset when I see a male taking care of his child as doing what many women do daily. I don't give him special props. I hear it all the time. The accolades men get for doing what they should be doing. They are quick to say " I RAISED MY CHILD ALONE" looking for props.

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
Honestly, I don't think it's too bad a thing to give either man or woman proper respect for raising a child alone. It's hard to do so with both parents, so by oneself is an amazing feat; but it's only toward doing so alone, not for simply doing so when it's your responsibility in the first place.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
The only clueless 1st time moms tend to be those that disconnected with their own mothers, aunts and grandmothers. The modern females thinks independence means not asking for obvious help. When you think about having a baby is the time to go to class. If mom was/is dysfunctional, seek professionals. I know that there are those with no network. But they don't have a clue because sense aint common. When I had mine, I asked the pro.s in my family.

Yes, the same applies to Dads.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: