Black Parenting : Why Do We Martyr Single Fathers But Demonize Single Mothers?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I am the same way. I think mothers are natural comforters,unless she is that one percent that is different. I will add fuel to the fire though. There are few men who are willing to fight for full custody. That is an automatic for most women when filing divorce,and most men don't argue. I will even go so far to say 50/50 is rare. Doesn't mean that the men are bad,it just means that they think it is good enough. So,when I see a man who has full custody....I usually assume that the woman is batish crazy. Maybe I am not right...but I probably am. And that man chose to get his child out of that. That is outside of societal norms,and he loved his child enough to do so. Societal norms are a hell of a drug,so kudos to him. Doesn't take away from single mothers doing there thing....but think about it....for one moment....maybe women are stronger than men in this instance,and that's okay. It is what it is.

:bs: You are told by your divorce lawyer going in, that your chances are slim and none of getting custody. In family court, males are guilty until proven innocent. If you have the cash to go thru the appellate system, in most states, you might get joint custody. And you are correct, though it is changing slightly, the female has to be looney, violent, a junkie, etc. Incompetent or none caring is not a justified reason to get the kid. This is one of the reasons so many kids end up abused or worse

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I didnt answer your question though...sorry,lol! I just assume that the man is extremely whack. What kind of man makes a child,and doesn't take care of it to the best of his ability? A whack one...I'm just so use to it though,I have become desensitized. I have accepted it.

1. Mookie don't care

2. Many of you don't want to see that

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Ok, I see a lot of bogus myths and out right lies being perpetuated in this thread

ADDRESSING THE MYTH OF FATHERLESS HOMES go to this thread before doing so

info-moetry

STAFF
STAFF
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
Peace

I don't quite understand the question. ...maybe because I'm not a single.mother.

I'm no martyre, I'm simply my sons faRther.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Destee Conference 1-866-4-DESTEE

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss:
Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart: