Egypt : Why do some of us claim to be Egyptians

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I will keep beating the same drum because the problem with Chancellor Williams and many others is the evidence of Black people originating in southern Africa, with some migrating north, not the other way around.

Which becomes why its necessary for us to scrutinize, not only Williams' work, but others as well; its on us now to leave our legacy for those to come.

Peace In,

Honey1201

Mar 11, 2013
Thank you so much. This is why I always say any study of Africa and her peoples should begin with Dr. Chancellor Williams' "The Destruction of Black Civilization." In it, he lays out the migrations of blacks from Egypt to the interior of Africa, and the reasons why.
I am currently reading this book. This was actually the first book that I purchased on my current journey...I dont like it :(. LOL. Its not a good read to me personally. Now the Nile Valley Contributions to Civiliation is a wonderful read...but thats just me...anyways....carry on men folk :10200:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I am currently reading this book. This was actually the first book that I purchased on my current journey...I dont like it :(. LOL. Its not a good read to me personally. Now the Nile Valley Contributions to Civiliation is a wonderful read...but thats just me...anyways....carry on men folk :10200:

No, lol, stop now Honey1201, excluding sisters from the dialog, seriously. We need the input of our sisters especially... Of course I know how you meant "carry on men folk" in gist:).

There's much to learn from Williams' early efforts, which has been alluded to by bro. omo; my point is that we, including Keita, realize this work needs explaining, in conjunction with newer evidences only some are familiar with.

Peace In my sister friend,

Black-king

Sep 13, 2011
Why do some of us claim to be Egyptians, Moors, Olmecs, Hebrews, Vikings, Chinese, ect.? These claims can not only be disproven by scientific evidence but its just plain common sense. These brothers claim everything and everybody but black Africans.
It's really insulting trying to do research on African history and always wind up on some site promoting these lies. I wish our brothers and sisters would embrace TRUE African History so-called BLACK history, but it seems these want nothing to do with it.

Can somebody paint a picture for me, please? I mean we are being laughed at the world over because of these clowns.
First of all not all dark skin people are Afrikans, if you are an Afrikan fine but for you to call them clowns show your own ignorance. Maybe you need to do some more research about the groups you mentioned and then justify your statement.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Its called over-kill elder, never used all your ammunition on one target, its a waste:rofl:... But you do you, I don't desire to be called out again for making sense:)

Honey1201

Mar 11, 2013
No, lol, stop now Honey1201, excluding sisters from the dialog, seriously. We need the input of our sisters especially... Of course I know how you meant "carry on men folk" in gist:).

There's much to learn from Williams' early efforts, which has been alluded to by bro. omo; my point is that we, including Keita, realize this work needs explaining, in conjunction with newer evidences only some are familiar with.

Peace In my sister friend,
Yes I agree. I think that that book is a good point of reference for that particular ideology. I think he has a wealth of knowledge that should not be taking lightly despite his neglete of other regions of Africa. I'm just not a fan of his writing style thats all. I am not a fan of authors who use 50 words to make a 10 word point. GET TO THE POINT SIR, PLEASE! :SuN025: Sorry for the outburst..lol. I personally like Anthony Browder style or writing a lot better. I am currently reading when rocks cry out which is..enlightening.

I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll be in the front of the class room watching and listening :popcorn:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Yes I agree. I think that that book is a good point of reference for that particular ideology. I think he has a wealth of knowledge that should not be taken lightly despite his negligent of other regions of Africa. I'm just not a fan of his writing style that's all. I am not a fan of authors who use 50 words to make a 10 word point. GET TO THE POINT SIR, PLEASE! :SuN025: Sorry for the outburst..lol. I personally like Anthony Browder style or writing a lot better. I am currently reading when rocks cry out which is..enlightening.

I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll be in the front of the class room watching and listening :popcorn:

LOL, gotcha and spoken as truth from a Queen, which is exactly what's needed, more directness. You make my point on the work being very, very comprehensive; to the point of muddying the waters, if you will. At this point, I must plug my book for its concise approach, lol... now this doesn't mean go out and buy it, as much as it says I wholeheartedly agree with your overview; get to the point:). No one has all day anymore to read hundreds of pages leading to a simple conclusion... Okay, move over, I'll join you.. take care Honey1201.

Peace In,

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
I will keep beating the same drum because the problem with Chancellor Williams and many others is the evidence of Black people originating in southern Africa, with some migrating north, not the other way around.
The first black man and woman may have originated in Southern Africa, but the first black man and woman did not civilize the world. Unless, of course, you're looking at an ancient AFRICAN map of the world (charted before the word "Africa" came into existance, of course) where Egypt IS in "southern" Africa?

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
:)
LOL, gotcha and spoken as truth from a Queen, which is exactly what's needed, more directness. You make my point on the work being very, very comprehensive; to the point of muddying the waters, if you will. At this point, I must plug my book for its concise approach, lol... now this doesn't mean go out and buy it, as much as it says I wholeheartedly agree with your overview; get to the point. No one has all day anymore to read hundreds of pages leading to a simple conclusion... Okay, move over, I'll join you.. take care Honey1201.

Peace In,
Well, my brother and my sister, I take umbrage with your assessments of "The Destruction of Black Civilization." I have NEVER read a book that so stirred my blood, sent my imagination and the possibilities of my black life TODAY soaring. I would trade it for NO other book on the subject for it. It is not the "dry" history that we are accustomed to.... thank GOD! Any reader could sit down and curl up with this book for hours!

And come away wise. :thinking:

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
No "men folk" in this corner. But, as I just posted, I disagree with your assessment. I enjoyed the book immensely. As have hundreds of thousands, if not millions of others. There is a "reason" it is so widely quoted.

@ anyone who has not read "The Destruction of Black Civilization"

Get it. Read it. Then come back and bless me for leading you to it. :love:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: