Black Relationships : Why Arent We Marrying?

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
:fyi:

Uh,....those are very poor analogies brother

:SuN049:

I'm not married. But I beleieve in the institution. I also, dont make lousy excuses for not being married. If I find the one, I'll have no problem stepping up

:toast:

#1: I am a female. Had you bothered to look in the upper right hand corner of my box you would have noticed that.

#2: I stated on page 8 of this hread that I have been married. Therefore when I speak, I am speaking from a position of Knowledge and experience not making guesses and excuses. Like you're doing.

#3: I am currently in a committed relationship by my OWN choice. So I can speak from both sides of the fence.

No one is saying that you don't have the right to your own opinion. But I take issue with you selling it like its the ONLY way it should be done.

Peace

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
Certainly religion, weven bad religion, plays a mostly positive role in society and culture. Marriage is one of thsoe roles. It is meant to protect the children, mainly. But in Islam, at least, it also protects the women. marriage serves a a good and psoitive social purpose.
I can protect myself. And two parents committed to raising their children correctly can protect children as well

No humanity knows instinctively, I think, that marriage is a good thing. This is why EVERY culture and society has marriage. Even some lower forms of animal has what is similar to marriage.
1- No one is disputing your right to advocate marriage, though you seem to have a problem with those who do not advocate marriage.

2- My Culture does not advocate marriage

3- Really? Animals? They are not sentient beings capable of our level of thought and sophistication. But if you want to equate yourself to animals, far be it from me to stop you

I said sexual looseness is a pathology for the above reasons. It is not hard to see this. STD's, especially HIV/AUDS, is one result. But the one of the worse results is to deprive innocent children the protection they need and deserve of a two or more parent family. Such familes produce healthier children and children less likely to be a burden on society by engaging in all kinds of perversions and pathologies. It is about that simple if not more so.
So just because I ake a conscious choice to NOT marry I'm sexually loose? WOW.... Who knew?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Peace,

Now you just trying to be funny. I guess that's what this whole thread is about because it certainly isn't rooted in anything that has to do with the scientific method. Nothing more than page after page of nonsensical psycho-babel. Clearly you don't care why people aren't marrying. You just wanted a platform to preach your theory. I'm cool with it now that I realize what it was from the start. Enjoy.

Peace

1. I havent expressed my theory, as you put it

2. Just because you dont seem to understand or better, agree with the topic, doesnt make it nonsensical or psychobabel.

3. I dont agree with your views. But I didnt knock them

4. You obviously didnt read the article or study

As I have said repeatedly, if you find someone that goes along with your views, i wont knock it. But I doubt if most go along with it long term

lol

:em0200:

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
#1: I am a female. Had you bothered to look in the upper right hand corner of my box you would have noticed that.

#2: I stated on page 8 of this hread that I have been married. Therefore when I speak, I am speaking from a position of Knowledge and experience not making guesses and excuses. Like you're doing.

#3: I am currently in a committed relationship by my OWN choice. So I can speak from both sides of the fence.

No one is saying that you don't have the right to your own opinion. But I take issue with you selling it like its the ONLY way it should be done.

Peace

1. Sorry dear. I didnt look up your profile

2. You arent the only one that's been married. We still disagree

3. I havent expressed MY opinion

:em0200:

Precise Allah

Jun 16, 2009
Atlanta Georgia
Occupation
Peacemaker
I just gave you some above. There are many others. But, that is not your real question. So, be honest and just tell us what your real agenda is. Is it "gay marriage"" Is it homosexuality? Is it immorality? Is it some other sexual perversion? What exactly is your problem? You can answer better than I can.
Peace,

The only thing about me that might be considered a problem is that I'm in tune with the reality that I'm God, Allah, the supreme being. I don't look to no mystery god for anything. There is no mystery god. So what it comes down to is me being in control of self and taking responsibility for my actions. This doesn't sit well with the establishment because the establishment isn't about people being free and certainly isn't about people having the knowledge of who they are.

Therefore if we roll with the religious perspective that we're all born in sin (evil) and we can only be liberated from our evil nature through believing in a mystery spook, then all is good. Marriage is a result of that paradigm and it goes with the assumption that people (namely couples) cannot conduct themselves without the aid of a church body and an advocate of the state. I ain't mad at anyone if they're not the said person of that ability to take care of their own business. The issue arises when people who cannot manage themselves want to dictate to the people who can, how to go about their business. That's like a child trying to tell an adult how to do what they do. That's backwards. So being the true and living God, I reverse the polarity by demonstrating how things happen when the black man stands up and takes control of all the other things childish people submit to.

Like I said, I ain't mad at anyone if my perspective disorients or confuses them. God has been missing among the people so yeah, they might be a little off center until they recognize the true and living........ if they recognize the true and living.

Peace
Precise Infinite Peace Allah
Nation of Gods and Earths

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Change the world for the better, take care of it, because you live in it!
If the present Kuzma saw the then Kuzma, he would say: Boy, grit your teeth. In twenty years everything will be wrong!
It is better to be an optimist who knows nothing than to bend over and grow a hump from what is around the problems themselves.
If someone spat on your shoulder, there is hope that he simply did not spit on the one who walked in front of you.
I started working as a journalist in 2016, while studying. At that time I did not have a formal journalism education, but I really wanted to work with texts, so I seized every opportunity.