Black Relationships : Why Arent We Marrying?

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
:fyi:

Since these studies were all secular, you cant blame the church for this. lol Hey, you just dont want to ever get married. If you can find a sister to go for it great

It is great. We don't need a minister to validate our relationship. It is completely silly to have an external source tell you that your relationship means something.

Let me ask you this..... Do you need someone to tell you that you are hungry? Or that you need to use the restroom? or that you should pay your bills? Or that you should work? No you know how to do these things already. I already know what a committed relationship means. I don't need someone with power vested in him by the state of whatever to tell me that I am in a relationship.

You can have it if that's what you require, but I don't need that. And I don't think it's cool of you to set yourself up as an unreasonable judge and jury for folks that don't do and think like you do.

I'm curious.... What is your marital staus?

Peace

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
It is great. We don't need a minister to validate our relationship. It is completely silly to have an external source tell you that your relationship means something.

Let me ask you this..... Do you need someone to tell you that you are hungry? Or that you need to use the restroom? or that you should pay your bills? Or that you should work? No you know how to do these things already. I already know what a committed relationship means. I don't need someone with power vested in him by the state of whatever to tell me that I am in a relationship.

You can have it if that's what you require, but I don't need that. And I don't think it's cool of you to set yourself up as an unreasonable judge and jury for folks that don't do and think like you do.

I'm curious.... What is your marital staus?

Peace

:fyi:

Uh,....those are very poor analogies brother

:SuN049:

I'm not married. But I beleieve in the institution. I also, dont make lousy excuses for not being married. If I find the one, I'll have no problem stepping up

:toast:

:em0200:

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Peace,

Pardon me for being scientific about this. If showing and proving isn't necessary then I'll start saying any old thing also just to show how ineffective this kind of position is............

Studies show that being in a marriage showed an increased amount of stress in males over unmarried men of the same age.

Studies show that woman are more likely to get hurt in a marriage than women who are unmarried of the same age.

Don't ask me about the sample used in these studies, who produced them or when they were produced. None of that stuff matters because I'm right......... :wink:

Peace
sigh

The surveys were as scientific as a survey/study can be. Me being the only scientist in the room.

I submit that you cant challenge this on that basis. As I said, you can still do you

lol

:em0200:

Precise Allah

Jun 16, 2009
Atlanta Georgia
Occupation
Peacemaker
sigh

The surveys were as scientific as a survey/study can be. Me being the only scientist in the room.
Peace,

Now you just trying to be funny. I guess that's what this whole thread is about because it certainly isn't rooted in anything that has to do with the scientific method. Nothing more than page after page of nonsensical psycho-babel. Clearly you don't care why people aren't marrying. You just wanted a platform to preach your theory. I'm cool with it now that I realize what it was from the start. Enjoy.

Peace

abdurratln

Feb 27, 2007
Peace,

You are uninformed and misguided. You think common-law marriages mean something in all 52 states? You'll be lucky to find a handful of states that even acknowledge them any more. Good try though. So basically if one ain't religious they're now insane and social pathologies? Are you the religious poster person or something?
Certainly religion, weven bad religion, plays a mostly positive role in society and culture. Marriage is one of thsoe roles. It is meant to protect the children, mainly. But in Islam, at least, it also protects the women. marriage serves a a good and psoitive social purpose.

No humanity knows instinctively, I think, that marriage is a good thing. This is why EVERY culture and society has marriage. Even some lower forms of animal has what is similar to marriage.

I said sexual looseness is a pathology for the above reasons. It is not hard to see this. STD's, especially HIV/AUDS, is one result. But the one of the worse results is to deprive innocent children the protection they need and deserve of a two or more parent family. Such familes produce healthier children and children less likely to be a burden on society by engaging in all kinds of perversions and pathologies. It is about that simple if not more so.

I'll ask you the same question I asked the other person who didn't answer. What non-religious benefits are there to getting married?

Peace
I just gave you some above. There are many others. But, that is not your real question. So, be honest and just tell us what your real agenda is. Is it "gay marriage"" Is it homosexuality? Is it immorality? Is it some other sexual perversion? What exactly is your problem? You can answer better than I can.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: