Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : whoopi-goldberg-says wearing weave-is cultural appropriation

IFE

Peace,

Just did the knowledge....... so those are not his words in the caption. He's just talking about how stupid the concept is. He is correct. My Earth has had natural hair since before I met her.

Peace
He also speaks about Black women's struggle with going natural.
I can identify with that. When I started to lock my hair was very short in little twist. Starter locks. Locking is a journey. The first street on my journey easy going to work at a Bank. Corporate America.
My spouse was my cheerleader. I went to work feeling uncomfortable with my short twist. I became more confident because I had to rock that hairstyle. I became more focused on my work, in order to ignore the looks and whisper. I became a better person and woman.

Precise Allah

He also speaks about Black women's struggle with going natural.
I can identify with that. When I started to lock my hair was very short in little twist. Starter locks. Locking is a journey. The first street on my journey easy going to work at a Bank. Corporate America.
My spouse was my cheerleader. I went to work feeling uncomfortable with my short twist. I became more confident because I had to rock that hairstyle. I became more focused on my work, in order to ignore the looks and whisper. I became a better person and woman.
Peace,

In my experience that's how the journey back to self works. It might be tough but its liberating and helps one become their best self.

Peace

IFE

I posted this on fussbook yesterday but it could stand a repost....

Black people always big upping celebs (Alicia Keyes, Michelle Obama, Gabrielle Union...) when they decided to go "natural" or not wear makeup. This is EXACTLY what Whoopie Goldberg has been doing her ENTIRE career. Where is the love and praise for here?
That could be because she married white men.
Personally, I think back in the day, Woopie needed some makeup and some serious lock maintenance.
She took herself off the Black market when she married white.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
A woman would have to realize she is a captive, tool and slave before we could actually consider her suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
not how brainwashing works. if a person had that much insight they would not be suffering from stockholm syndrome.
one of our problems is that some of us under estimate the power of brainwashing and psychological warfare.

IFE

:11100:yes, i do.....
Every culture and race of women are wearing weave, except Indian. They're cutting off their hair as an offering to their God at the hair weaving factory.
Are white women who wear weave suffering from Stockholm syndrome? Mexicans?

What is Stockholm syndrome?

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Every culture and race of women are wearing weave, except Indian. They're cutting off their hair as an offering to their God at the hair weaving factory.

What is Stockholm syndrome?
Stock·holm syn·drome
noun
  1. feelings of trust or affection felt in certain cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim toward a captor.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
i am not dealing with white women or mexican women. i am dealing with black women.