Health and Wellness : Whole Foods' Brilliant Cross-Contamination Plan

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Much needed Family, for real...

Going old school
While it's unlikely that the labeling will convince huge droves of customers to give up processed food made from GMO ingredients, pushback against GMO foods can already be seen in some areas of the world. Certain drought-resistant corn seeds from DuPont (NYSE:DD) and Syngenta (NYSE: SYT) , for example, are produced with the age-old technique of selective breeding, whereas Monsanto's (NYSE: MON) are genetically modified by splicing in genes from other, hardier plants.

Whole Foods' Brilliant Cross-Contamination Plan

Earlier this month, Whole Foods (NASDAQ:WFM) made a big decision -- it's giving its suppliers five years to either source non-gentically modified (GM) ingredients or clearly label any products that contain genetically modified ingredients. Whole Foods is so far the only major grocer to make this requirement, and it may prove to be yet another key differentiator between the company and its more conventional rivals.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/03/24/whole-foods-brilliant-cross-contamination-plan.aspx

Peace In,

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Latest profile posts

It's been a good while, but this place has always been home. Thankful to be here.
Hi! I'm not as active on this account as I want to be. For one I tend to forget that this site exists until I check my email. Two, I'm currently in the process of building up a fine art site for Oklahoma black and native historical references. The references correlate with another site that will be a storytelling site that has not yet been produced.
Happy to be back and gaining more knowledge!
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Welcome Home Beloved! :wave: :love:
skuderjaymes wrote on Cindy's profile.
good to see you around Cindy.