Black Money Business Jobs : Who would be interested in a financial literacy study group here at Destee?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I merely have deep interests in these subjects and wish to seek out other like minded people.
Exchange ideas, opinions, views, resources, books ...

Also, I have a habit of digging up materials that most people have never heard of, read, or considered.

My formal background and training is in computer science.

So, more an interested amature

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
... or an enthused organizer who has taken initiative.

So, what will you be contributing?

Though I have done quite well in my two funds, I dont consider myself versed enough to lecture on it

Shikamaru

May 7, 2011
Though I have done quite well in my two funds, I dont consider myself versed enough to lecture on it
What type of funds are they? Mutual funds?

I wouldn't say its a lecture. Definitely a deep dive discussion, however.
I don't see a great deal of discussion on predominantly African-American message boards about economics aside form how bad the economy is, etc.
On predominantly Caucasian message boards, I see them discussing strategy and technicals concerning economics and other financial subjects frequently.

A friend of mine, he's a physicist, is very interested in investment and trading strategies.
Another friend of mine, he's an electrical engineer, is all about metals.
Another friend of mine is a stockbroker. We discuss these subjects and more all the time including trading and investment strategies.

All of them are Caucasian. There isn't one African-American that I discuss these subjects with in depth. I would like to change that.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
What type of funds are they? Mutual funds?

I wouldn't say its a lecture. Definitely a deep dive discussion, however.
I don't see a great deal of discussion on predominantly African-American message boards about economics aside form how bad the economy is, etc.
On predominantly Caucasian message boards, I see them discussing strategy and technicals concerning economics and other financial subjects frequently.

A friend of mine, he's a physicist, is very interested in investment and trading strategies.
Another friend of mine, he's an electrical engineer, is all about metals.
Another friend of mine is a stockbroker. We discuss these subjects and more all the time including trading and investment strategies.

All of them are Caucasian. There isn't one African-American that I discuss these subjects with in depth. I would like to change that.

I have a mix of both mutual funds, bonds and individual stocks.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.