Black Astrology : Where is your Ceres?

Astrologer4U

Ceres in the your Astrological birth chart shows how you recieived your early nurturing plus how you nurture others.

Ceres in the Houses of your chart shows where you are most likely to express your nurturing side and also where you can best receive nurturing.

Ceres, also known as Demeter, is the largest of the main asteroids used in astrology. It represents caring, nurturing and nourishment much like the Moon does, although the moon tends to rule the nurturing of babies and young children, whereas Ceres is more about older children and the caring of other adults. It is Mother Earth. It tells us about our relationships with our parents and children, the relationship between mother and child. It is representative of the love of children. It also represents pain that comes from dependency and the separation from it. It concerns other things such as self-esteem, fertility and the cycles of nature.

Wherever you find Ceres placed in the birthchart will be the area where you will provide comfort and unconditional love, as well as where your need for it lies. In transit, it shows the current needs for these things.

Ceres is also representative of agriculture and horticulture, the nurturing of the seeds, providing nourishment for them to attain their growth.

Keywords and what it rules:

attachment, caring, children, comfort, dependency, diet, eating disorders, fertility, food, grief, growth, love, mother, nourishing, nurturing, nutrition, procreation, reproduction, self-esteem, self-worth, separation, sharing

agriculture, crops, farming, food, gardening, grain, growing, herbs, horticulture, plants, seeds
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/ceres.html

Where is your Ceres?

Me, me, me.... I will go first...

My Ceres is in the sign Capricorn

Ceres in Capricorn: Feeling organized and in control makes this one feel nurtured. Since Saturn, which has the effect of reducing things, rules Capricorn, the early nurturing received was probably, well, wanting. Even if the family happened to be wealthy, the parents could have been cold, withdrawn, or believed in giving strict discipline to the children in order to keep them from being "spoiled." People with this placement will nurture you by making sure that everything is arranged and organized properly. Try to get them to lighten up a bit.

My Ceres is in the 8th house

Ceres in the Eighth House: You poor thing. You need sex to feel nurtured. Oh well, we each have our cross to bear. Carry on (and I'm sure you will). Actually, you might also nurture your partner with this one. The 8th house also rules other things besides sex. This placement is also good for nurturing people who are undergoing a process of rehabilitation. Ceres in the 8th house might also be found in the horoscopes of those who work in a hospice providing nurturing to those who are dying.
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Ceres21.1.html

Anyone else interested in where their Ceres is?

KWABENA, you ever looked into what is going on with your Ceres??? I also have some aspects going to my Ceres that I have been paying real close attention to as of late...

Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U

@Bootzey

Bootzey, some time back you gave me your chart information so all I did was plug in Ceres to your chart...

You have Ceres in Aries

Ceres in Aries: is nurtured by action and physical activity. What kind of action? Any kind. Aries isn't that particular as long as it's moving. If you have this placement, you are less likely to nurture others by being cuddly. More likely, you will take them on some strenuous activity. If you have children with this placement, they may require fewer hugs and more mutual activities with you.
And your Ceres is in the 5th house

Ceres in the Fifth House: The tendency with this placement is to feel nurtured by fun, sports, games, romance, children, gambling and speculation, you name it. Any form of excitement will do. There will likely be a need to feel nurtured by romantic partners, and, conversely, to nurture them. Be careful, though, about getting a nurturing feeling through gambling.

Your Ceres is Quincunx Mercury

Mercury quincunx Ceres
You could experience some frustration in the matter of communication within the parent/child relationship. There may be a lack of common ground or understanding and, even though the bond is deep, there seems to be a paradox involved. You will need to be very adaptable and make adjustments as you go, but the continued effort to bridge the gap will be productive of considerable personal growth and understanding.
http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/Mercury_Aspects.html

Your Ceres is also Quincunx your Midheaven/ MC but I am not able to find any useful information regarding that on the web and as of yet, I don't have any books on ceres aspects. I am going to look into getting one though and as soon as I get a hold of some useful information regarding Ceres in aspect to the Midheaven, I will be sure and let you know.

Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U

@Truetothecause

We both have Ceres and Capricorn, that explains alot...LOL

Ceres in Capricorn: Feeling organized and in control makes this one feel nurtured. Since Saturn, which has the effect of reducing things, rules Capricorn, the early nurturing received was probably, well, wanting. Even if the family happened to be wealthy, the parents could have been cold, withdrawn, or believed in giving strict discipline to the children in order to keep them from being "spoiled." People with this placement will nurture you by making sure that everything is arranged and organized properly. Try to get them to lighten up a bit.
Your Ceres is in the 1st house

Ceres in the First House: People will always be mistaking you for their mother, even if you are a guy. That's because Ceres in the 1st house people just seem to be nurturing. This effect is lessened if Ceres is located more towards the end of the house, or in a different sign from the Ascendant. There can be a problem if you happen to have a lot of planets in Gemini, like a friend of mine. She would rather talk than nurture, but emotionally needy people gravitate towards her constantly.

Now this is interesting, Your Ceres is conjunct Mercury

Mercury conjunct Ceres
You naturally tend to nurture the mind. Teaching language skills would be an excellent career choice, as you communicate in a very supportive manner. You could also be a support person through experiences of loss, separation and grief, as you have an innate understanding and compassion for such experiences.
http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/Mercury_Aspects.html

You have this other aspect to Ceres as well but I will email you the interpretations to that aspect.

Astologer4U

truetothecause

Astrologer4U said:
Now this is interesting, Your Ceres is conjunct Mercury

Mercury conjunct Ceres
You naturally tend to nurture the mind. Teaching language skills would be an excellent career choice, as you communicate in a very supportive manner. You could also be a support person through experiences of loss, separation and grief, as you have an innate understanding and compassion for such experiences.
This IS VERY interesting! WoW

Thanks Sis A4U

M.E.
:hearts2:

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
I would have responded sooner, but I wanted to get off the Blackberry and on the PC for this one.

My Ceres is in Virgo in the 12th House at 9° 48'
CERES IN VIRGO: Put them to work, especially detailed work. Sometimes Ceres in Virgo people will try to nurture you by criticizing you. Don't let them get away with it. However, they can also feel nurtured if you give them a highly detailed criticism. This is OK in moderation, but don't let yourself get carried away. If you are a parent with a Ceres in Virgo child, always give them work to do around the house---or even in your business!
CERES IN THE TWELFTH HOUSE: This is the house of hidden things, psychological problems and "restrictions." Whatever is in this house shows what we don't want to show to the world, or even to ourselves. Ceres in the 12th house can show that nurturing needs were suppressed. This could also make it difficult to nurture others. On the positive side, this placement could channel these frustrations into charity work where you provide nurturing to the poor, the sick, and the unfortunate.
CERES ASPECTS TO THE SUN: Nurturing will tend to be part of your character. With the harmonious aspects (conjunction, sextile and trine) the effects are smooth and easy. You probably had a nurturing father, and the nurturing you received was compatible with who you are (the Sun). The stressful aspects (square and opposition) show problems. The opposition could mean that you tend to nurture others, but not yourself. Conversely, it might be an indicator of someone who always expects others to nurture them. The square means that the early nurturing you received (especially from the father) was not compatible with the type of person you are, or that you tend to be suspicious, or even reject the nurturing that you really need. For example, suppose the Sun is in Aries and Ceres is in Cancer. This person needs lots of soft, emotional nurturing, but that is not in accord with the self-sufficient image that Aries has of itself, so the needed nurturing is rejected.
Ceres (Virgo) forms a square with my Sun (Sagittarius)

CERES ASPECTS THE MID-HEAVEN: This could indicate a career that is ruled by Ceres: professional chef or other jobs connected with food, work in the clothing industry, or any sort of activity where nurturing is done. The only aspect that may be a problem here is the square, which could indicate that the parents disagreed over the best way to nurture you.
Ceres (Virgo) forms a square with my Midheaven (Gemini).

My Ceres is badly aspected, so at the very least you can see why it is not exactly something in which much of my attention is directed.

KWABENA

Astrologer4U

Don't you do some kind of charity work KWABENA? Not to mention the charity work you do here at Destee.com

Astologer4U