Black Events : When youre in holland and you wanna go out look for these places

Sun Ship

Aug 31, 2003
Peace and Love

Peace LibertyLady,

Thanks for sharing.

Tell me something you know, about the current Jazz scene in Holland.
And I mean the "real" Jazz scene.

Peace,

Brother Sun Ship :)

deepy

Jun 4, 2003
nyc
Hey liberty lady
my daughter just got back from amsterdam...she is weighing the possibility of living there (love calls her0
last time i was there (last year october/november) we went to urban myths...ate inthe cafe in building on the corner..
I've seen a few things there and really like the art they display.
\
I've actually been to a few other places there and seen some plays and dance concerts...she is not here right now, i must get the name of area where we were..between the buses and the underground i can't be specific.
still loving it though...my dear friends continually send me info..
one thing i do remember and was amazed by...at the museum (starts with an S the national museum...not to far from the van gogh) I saw a piece that had been created by this workshop of young teens from what i would call innercity areas. Each one had a square and they looked at the painting of "the negro" and inside of there square using the color tones from the original they were to draw it as they felt it. and what came out was this grid that was20 times the size of the original...still looking like the man and yet as you looked in each grid square they had put messages, drawn a variety of pictures..it was awe inspiring. about 100 different energies connected as one and still with their own individuality.
It was to large to travel...the museum was being renovated and was about to close , someone took me to the area they had been working so i could see it ...i am told it was going to be on display...Have you seen it..
I will get the names to be more specific...
love amsterdam...

deepy

Jun 4, 2003
nyc
liberty lady
the museum is rijksmuseum i was speaking of that was being renovated and had that wonderful grid
My daughter and friends say paradiso is really a concert venue...and they have some african rooted musicians but is not just african rooted. as are the others...she doesn't recommend sinners tho...

the dance concert was is osdorp...

LibertyLady

Aug 24, 2002
Holland
Occupation
social worker...
Yes i will do my best to search for it sunship.....

one festival i know is in june that is called North sea jazz...

but there are comming also big artist from youre area..

there are some clubs where they have jAZZ session nights...

i one one is held by Hans dulfer ...i dont know the place yet (but i wil find out) hans dulfer is the father of candy dulfer who is a dutch sax player...who will tour with prince this year ...

There were these jazz nights called JAZZ_iZMZ :eek: ....
held in the pompoen witch is changed the name by bitterzoet.......www.pompoen.nl or www.jazz.izmz.com i think the last one is correct...

Deepy sister .....
this is cool so she is following Bratt pit and jennifer aniston..
some people come and live here just for the weed......lol
but i must say that amsterdam is a nice city....
its funny cause i,m kinda planning to leave from here....
about the museum i will check it out for you....
to be honest i havent seen all the corners of amsterdam myself ....sinds i lived here but i will before i leave ......(If i leave with gods will lol)but somethimes i just took the bike and ride over the amsterdamse grachten....
and that is nice......
Well i just wanted to let you know that if you will come here.....
you can always ask me for help about anything...and guide you as far as i can as long as i,m here and even if i,m not i maybe know someone else who will
and that means for anyone who is vissiting holland.....

maybe one of you already have seen me Riding on my bike with my bleu jeanscap on....while you were sitting in the tram....LOL or playing the bleus with my gitar on the DAM.......lol
thats me....

Love Libertylady:heart:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Lemmie Battles - Youre Looking At A Miracle Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
A Black Relationships : Froma brother Point of vieuw i need Youre apinion Honest Black Relationships 4
A Black People : What would you do if someone would break into youre email.. Black People Open Forum 0
L Black Women : PLease ladys be NICE TO YOURE FEET!and youre Back Black Women 3
A Black People : Parents if you have time.....Dance with youre children Black People Open Forum 3
A Black People : Khasm i saw that man of youre advatar in chapells show.. Black People Open Forum 0
A Black Relationships : Is it weird when you go and life with youre mom again for a while? Black Relationships 4
A Black Poetry : Khasm who is that man in the Pic in youre advatar Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
A Black People : Sorry (lol) i posted a poem 3 times in the get youre flow section... Black People Open Forum 0
A Black People : deepy i suddenly had to laugh hard at the little stepping man beside youre name Black People Open Forum 0
A Black Poetry : Take me under youre guidance... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
A Black People : LOOOOOll why is my poem 2 times in the get youre flow on section? Black People Open Forum 2
A Black Poetry : I cry at youre Feet.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
L Black Poetry : can you. Embrace Destee,s Place with youre big Loving Arms and Grace more.. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
L Black People : Reading poetry is nice when you got the flu lying in bed with youre own laptop Black People Open Forum 1
L Black Relationships : when you speak of youre brother and youre sister do you know what that means? Black Relationships 3
L what do you do with a heavy pain in youre chest? Black Health and Wellness 12
L Destee Network : www.musicablack.com if youre bored check it out.. Destee Network : 0
L Black Poetry : Youre late Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
L Black Relationships : Dokters make mistakes but youre life is always in gods hands Black Relationships 1
L Black Relationships : How would you feel if youre dad said this to you.... Black Relationships 8
L Black Poetry : Wash youre mouth...... (whoever you are ) libby was angry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
L Black Entertainment : Have you seen or done this ...with music in youre head.. Black Entertainment 7
L Black Entertainment : Have you ever seen youre parents dance i mean For real...Solo?????? Black Entertainment 0
L Black Poetry : STory i havent read a lot of youre Poems But you made My day LOLOL w Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
L Black People : From youre apinion.? What is the defenition of a" Ho.".. Black People Open Forum 7
L Black Poetry : Youre going to make it.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
L Hitting youre toe????? Black Health and Wellness 2
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Dave Holland & Kenny Barron -- The Art of Conversation Black Entertainment 0
F The Front Porch : Greetings from Holland The Front Porch 11
L Black People : We have More than 5 Centimeters Snow here in holland... Black People Open Forum 0
L Black People : A good morning HUg (from here out holland)to sister aqilah Black People Open Forum 5
L Black People : windy in holland...... Black People Open Forum 0
L Black Poetry : Memories of Holland Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
L Black Poetry : Holland you dont hear me Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : His peek aim is to seek game as a hunter in the woods weekends be a stunner in the hood no soft reason during off season not to wanna shoot deer out Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: “boo your hips are round, lips are brown think boys wanna make a trip down town to flip your pancakes, their plan is to take some, he write s Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID: now I'm a down for life red-bone boys wanna kiss my lips and head home they love my skin-tone, correct and hot tonight lips reflect a lot of Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID” you greedy for fame needy for a dame so you speedy in this game called love you not scrub, alert you not captain Kirk wanna be winner of Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : Hood made get good grades never got in trouble that persuades others, on the streets a thug but wanna sweep that under a rug flow galore and know the Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Athletic cute engage in energetic pursuits some wanna charge their lifestyle so its strange but nice and wild and become more active and soar attracti Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : Boys give her a dumb stare because Somewhere her lover awaits to discover her cakes she in high school fly sexy and cool like TLC try to rule wanna Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Got a plan hoping there's a ban on smoking girl your thighs wide open got pies wanna be stroking a sweet kiss on a complete list of lovers let me spea Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : it's cumming boo wanna squeeze and love so lets leave the club you know that'll please a thug quicker to write a particular type it's a black low cut Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : He's hood made and get good grades wrote a girl a short letter with all sorts of clever love words ask for a date the task was great but he wanna smas Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
R Black Poetry : Have a house in the city to some it arouse pity a Mickey Mouse is witty and wanna start trouble he flow hard and mow the yard see a girl now he be hoo Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : My corrupt fate is not up-to-date twisted at the club and assisted by love see a girl wanna kiss it Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : I'm a wet one here to get stuff done boys wanna huff and puff be alert Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : I sit in this boy's lap he wanna toy and crap he no doubt planning and outstanding game tried to lea Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : This boy wanna get laid with cake but I made my escape from the drop top that was in the parking lo Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1