Black People Politics : When Trump Becomes President - What Will it Look Like?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

GOP largely silent on Trump telling Democrats to 'go back' to their 'broken and crime infested' countries

Rep. Ilhan Omar (Nick Wagner/Austin American-Statesman via AP)

Rep. Ilhan Omar (Nick Wagner/Austin American-Statesman via AP)

Dylan Stableford
Senior Editor
Yahoo News

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great:

House resolution will condemn Trump's 'disgusting' attacks on AOC, Tlaib, Omar and Pressley

Christal Hayes
USA TODAY

House resolution will condemn Trump's 'disgusting' attacks on AOC, Tlaib, Omar and Pressley

House Democrats plan to introduce a resolution condemning President Donald Trump’s attacks against Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Tlaib.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Six officials at nonprofit Southwest Key, which runs migrant child shelters, earned more than $1 million in 2017

The tax records show that Juan Sanchez, founder of nonprofit Southwest Key Programs, which is based in Texas, earned $3.6 million in total compensation that year, which The Washington Post reported last week. They also showed that other prominent employees — including the group’s chief financial officer, who earned more than $2.4 million — were earning substantial, seven-figure salaries there...

By Mark Berman

1563372711629.png
Casa Antigua, in San Benito, Tex., is a facility run by Southwest Key Programs that houses immigrant children who have been separated from their families. (Jahi Chikwendiu/The Washington Post)

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Republican support for Trump rises after racially charged tweets: Reuters/Ipsos poll

By Chris Kahn
Reuters

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Trump blasts 4 congresswomen; crowd roars, 'Send her back!'

DEB RIECHMANN
Associated Press

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
"Body cams can be turned off; our body-cam president has not – and arguably should not, at least until Americans have fully inspected the toxic reality of what their nation is. I am tempted to say “has become,” but it has been this way for some time; it is simply that Trump has brought its racism out into the open."................

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
"Body cams can be turned off; our body-cam president has not – and arguably should not, at least until Americans have fully inspected the toxic reality of what their nation is. I am tempted to say “has become,” but it has been this way for some time; it is simply that Trump has brought its racism out into the open."................
This is so true, ogoun and I agree. The beast has always existed and it has been poked.

I read something the other day here (not in this thread) that disturbed me but I chose not to comment on it at the time. But I want to now because it has been weighing heavy on my mind ever since.

I read where one of the four congress women of color was described in a thread in a way that I thought was offensive and it made me sad because I would expect that from someone like #45 but not one of us. We may not agree with any of their politics but we must stand up for them and their right to speak their opinions.

These women's lives are in danger because of this circus that #45 created. Instead of telling them to sit down and shut up, because they are young Democrats, let's be proud that they are where they are and that they have the courage to stand up and speak out. I don't agree with some of my own family, but won't stand by and let them be abused without protecting them. I just needed to share that.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love: