Black Relationships : When Is Divorce Necessary?

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
I've never been married. But one day I would like to fall in love and get married. However, I'm very skeptical about it. Being that I know more people who have divorced then remained married.
My daughter's friend's parents are getting divorced because from my understanding the husband is very controlling and mean. They have 4 kids together, one of which is between the two, and the other three are hers.
He is opposed to helping out with the three that are hers, because he doesn't feel it's his responsibility. Mind you, the father of the 3 kids are involved and does help out.
Anyways, he's mean to the kids as well.
She went to my parent's business and got a job so that she could provide for her other kids, but he didn't want her to work either.
So he served her with divorce papers.
IMO, I feel like he knew what he was coming into when he married her...He knew that she had three kids.

Anyways, with that being said...when is divorce necessary? When you are simply unhappy with your spouse? When there is infidelity? When there isn't any intimacy? Financial problems?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I've never been married. But one day I would like to fall in love and get married. However, I'm very skeptical about it. Being that I know more people who have divorced then remained married.
My daughter's friend's parents are getting divorced because from my understanding the husband is very controlling and mean. They have 4 kids together, one of which is between the two, and the other three are hers.
He is opposed to helping out with the three that are hers, because he doesn't feel it's his responsibility. Mind you, the father of the 3 kids are involved and does help out.
Anyways, he's mean to the kids as well.
She went to my parent's business and got a job so that she could provide for her other kids, but he didn't want her to work either.
So he served her with divorce papers.
IMO, I feel like he knew what he was coming into when he married her...He knew that she had three kids.

Anyways, with that being said...when is divorce necessary? When you are simply unhappy with your spouse? When there is infidelity? When there isn't any intimacy? Financial problems?

When the lack of respect and love gets to the point you are thinking of self destructive things to do to yourself and your spouse

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
When the lack of respect and love gets to the point you are thinking of self destructive things to do to yourself and your spouse

Do you think couples should seek out marriage counseling first in order to see if they can try and repair their marriage that way?

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
DIVORCE is never necessary. however, divorce is preferrable to physical/mental/emotional abuse. biblically speaking, a divorce is granted with the hope of remarriage when a mate has been unfaithful. BUT ONE DOESN'T HAVE TO SEEK A DIVORCE FOR THIS REASON. today, we have grown to think in terms of convenience. once we grow tired of our mates, divorce becomes convenient. once we find another who is more appealing, divorce becomes desirable. once our mate becomes old news, divorce becomes a method of opening new doors...new opportunities. BUT NONE OF THAT IS NECESSARY...JUST PREFERRABLE to the situation we find ourselves in. working on my third marriage, i guess you could say i speak from experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Perfection Tunisia : In Context Series: Tunisia: Marriage, Divorce, and Foreign Recognition Tunisia 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : Afeni Shakur’s husband wants some of Tupac’s money in divorce settlement Black Entertainment 5
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : MASTER P AND EX INITIAL DIVORCE SETTLEMENT Black Entertainment 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : MARIAH AND NICK QUIETLY FILE FOR DIVORCE Black Entertainment 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : CHRIS ROCK FILES FOR DIVORCE Black Entertainment 0
S Black Entertainment : Divorce Court seeks to balance out this seasons overly negative showing of black men. Black Entertainment 5
Kadijah Black People : Jada hires divorce attorney Black People Open Forum 1
S Black People : Divorce Court: The Big Business of Black Conflict Black People Open Forum 21
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : Jada Says, 'What Divorce'??? Black Entertainment 0
Kemetstry Black Relationships : Children of Divorce Black Relationships 3
R Black Poetry : THE DIVORCE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
S Black People : Forbes: Michael Jordan's Divorce Most Costly Ever Black People Open Forum 5
D Black Money Business Jobs : Emotional toll of divorce costs companies dearly Black Money Business Jobs 0
D Children of Divorce Still Feel Effects Twenty Years Later Black Parenting 0
Kemetstry Black Poetry : The Divorce Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Entertainment : Karen Melina White admits Divorce Black Entertainment 0
D Black Entertainment : Whitney wants a fast divorce. Black Entertainment 2
PurpleMoons Black Entertainment : Micheal Jordons wife files for divorce Black Entertainment 31
P Black People : Cover your assets in divorce Black People Open Forum 3
D Black Jokes Humor : Jill's Divorce Black Jokes Humor 3
S Black Entertainment : Snoop's divorce Black Entertainment 17
T Black Relationships : Is divorce inevitable? Black Relationships 38
kente417mojo Black Relationships : Is divorce the first option? Black Relationships 8
S Black Poetry : this divorce is final....MY FRIEND Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
M Black Poetry : On Course For Divorce Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Fine1952 Black Ancestors : Equality, Freedom, and Justice By Any Means Necessary versus Nonviolence Honoring Black Ancestors 4
Ndugu Black Entertainment : Watch the Watchmen, by Any Means Necessary Black Entertainment 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Diplomacy in speech: a necessary trait for politicians AACOOLDRE 3
Destee Black People Politics : Is The Black Vote Necessary To Win the US Presidency? Black People Politics 70
ProphetikGeneral Pan Africanism : Lead When Necessary, Follow When Ordered African American History Culture 4
Angela22 Black Relationships : Do you feel "wedding rings" are necessary? Black Relationships 126
legit-writer Law Forum : Are Juries Really Necessary? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 11
S Black People : Stop-and-Frisk: A Necessary Evil? Black People Open Forum 38
brown_h0rnet Black People Politics : BAMN - By Any Means Necessary Black People Politics 50
rapunzal24 Black Education / Schools : Do you feel like a college degree is necessary? Black Education / Schools 144
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Revolution: Why It's Necessary, Why It's Possible, What's It All About" Chief Elder Osiris 0
Ankhur Pan-Africanism : A Disertation on Pan Africanism/ and the necessary Psychological element needed Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 1
Destee Higher Standard Required : We Are Not an Adult Babysitting Service - But Will Accommodate You If Necessary Our Rules - Higher Standard Required 12
Ankhur Black People : The bail outs were necessary?, recovered what money? Black People Open Forum 0
M Black Entertainment : BY ALL MEANS NECESSARY Black Entertainment 0
A Health and Wellness : Being a Vegetarian is NOT necessary. Black Health and Wellness 24
E Quiet Poetry Lounge : It's Very Necessary Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
D Black Poetry : BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
HODEE Black Poetry : By Any Means Necessary Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
howardtsu Black Poetry : More Patience than Necessary Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : You said that chanting God’s name is not necessary. Does it mean that the world with Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : The poverty, difficulties and death indicate the necessary atmosphere for the establi Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
G Black People : NO BLACK HOLES NECESSARY! WHEN WILL THIS SCAM FALL? NEW,BREATHTAKING STUDY'S OUT Black People Open Forum 1
J Black Relationships : When is the cold shoulder truly necessary? Black Relationships 1
Therious FLU SHOTS NECESSARY?? Black Health and Wellness 11