Black Relationships : When is a good time to introduce him to the family?

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
So, I've been friends with this guy for about a couple of years, but we been dating for a little while now. He's been a great friend and someone that I enjoy being around. He's got a nice little career going, he's super respectful, takes care of his two daughters, and I'm just comfortable with him.

Also, the big thing that attracts me to him, is that he is someone I could actually see myself introducing to my parents and I know my parents would like.

However, I don't want to rush into him meeting my parents just yet. I've only introduced maybe 4 guys to my parents and each one, except my daughter's dad and an ex, they didn't like the other two. One time they took myself and a guy I had been seeing out to a nice dinner. As soon as the guy went to the bathroom my parents told me to get rid of him and that he was ugly and no good for me.
Another guy, my dad put up with him for some time and eventually told him to stay away from me and never to come by the house again. And my dad has been known to cuss guys out behind my back and then later denies it ever happening....
So, I'm super nervous about ever introducing any guy to my parent's especially my father. They are very judgmental about appearances, finances, and so on...Which I'm glad for at times....

Anyways, when is it a good time to introduce a guy...3 months into the relationship, 6 months, a year? Or right around the time he proposes?

I haven't introduced a guy to my folks in a long time...

Mikha'el

Oct 18, 2009
Somewhere
Occupation
Student
when you feel its right. a few months usually is reasonable. also be aware of how he's introduced....how u act n speak of dude...you may play a role in the impression ya folks have by how u speak of dude, your plans for the immediate future, etc etc

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
when you feel its right. a few months usually is reasonable. also be aware of how he's introduced....how u act n speak of dude...you may play a role in the impression ya folks have by how u speak of dude, your plans for the immediate future, etc etc

The only person that I talk to about him is my mom...I almost never talk to my dad about a guy, because he isn't interested in hearing about it....

My mom seems interested in who he is....After I told her about him, that he's a little older, bigger and has a good job...She was like just last night I prayed you'd meet and older guy who was big enough to put up with you lol

rapunzal24

Apr 2, 2011
So, I've been friends with this guy for about a couple of years, but we been dating for a little while now. He's been a great friend and someone that I enjoy being around. He's got a nice little career going, he's super respectful, takes care of his two daughters, and I'm just comfortable with him.

Also, the big thing that attracts me to him, is that he is someone I could actually see myself introducing to my parents and I know my parents would like.

However, I don't want to rush into him meeting my parents just yet. I've only introduced maybe 4 guys to my parents and each one, except my daughter's dad and an ex, they didn't like the other two. One time they took myself and a guy I had been seeing out to a nice dinner. As soon as the guy went to the bathroom my parents told me to get rid of him and that he was ugly and no good for me.
Another guy, my dad put up with him for some time and eventually told him to stay away from me and never to come by the house again. And my dad has been known to cuss guys out behind my back and then later denies it ever happening....
So, I'm super nervous about ever introducing any guy to my parent's especially my father. They are very judgmental about appearances, finances, and so on...Which I'm glad for at times....

Anyways, when is it a good time to introduce a guy...3 months into the relationship, 6 months, a year? Or right around the time he proposes?

I haven't introduced a guy to my folks in a long time...
My rule is if we are pass the point of casual dating. If we both know that we are not dating just to be doing something, and it might lead to marriage, then I wouldn't mind introducing him. I would say as long as it is a serious relationship with some time under your belt, then I would think that it would be a good thing, like another level. That is why none of my boyfriends have ever met my parents, lol!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Lawmakers introduce bill to honor officer who led Capitol rioters away from Senate Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Lon The Front Porch : Hello Fellow Destee Members Allow me to Introduce Myself The Front Porch 2
Everett The Front Porch : Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Everett The Front Porch 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Omar to Introduce Resolution Declaring Support for Anti-Israel BDS Movement Black People Politics 38
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : The Senate’s Three Black Members Introduce Bill to Finally Make Lynching a Federal Crime Black People Politics 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : ABC won't shake up format to introduce minority 'Bachelor' Black Entertainment 1
Jaya Makara The Front Porch : Allow me to introduce myself to you The Front Porch 5
Apollyon Black People : Israelites in Indian History - Let me introduce myself Black People Open Forum 414
M The Front Porch : I would like to introduce myself as one whom God has enlightened. The Front Porch 3
L The Front Porch : Just want to Introduce myself, and why the black community should unite! The Front Porch 7
H The Front Porch : I'd like to introduce myself. The Front Porch 5
info-moetry Black Poetry : Introduce me to your god…….please! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Destee The Front Porch : Care To Introduce Yourself? The Front Porch 832
E Black Poetry : May I Introduce Myself? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
M Black Poetry : just to introduce myself... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
S Black Poetry : Allow me to Introduce Myself....I'm just a servant Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : This Black Family Ran a Thriving Beach Resort 100 Years Ago. They Want Their Land Back African American History Culture 0
OldSoul Black People : The british royal family is not racist said the british royal family Black People Open Forum 2
O Black People : Family Vlog to the ZOO Black People Open Forum 4
SwagII Black Relationships : Funerals, The New Black Family Reunions... Black Relationships 2
Fine1952 African American History Culture : Is There Indian In Your Family? African American History Culture 53
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Women : Black woman checks shamers who criticized her for having large family: 'I am a married, ADULT!' Black Women 1
Queenie Black People Politics : All in the Family: Maya Rockeymoor Cummings Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : The World’s Wealthiest Family Gets $4 Million Richer Every Hour Black People Open Forum 0
Tellc2019 The Front Porch : Hello family The Front Porch 2
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : MADEA'S FAMILY FUNERAL Black Entertainment 0
shaka64 Black People : Joe Jackson, musical family patriarch, dead at 89 Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : Valerie Jarrett's extraordinary family tree Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Korryn Gaines’ Family Awarded $36 Million Dollars In Civil Suit Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Angola : Angola gets new president after 38 years, but its outgoing leader and family still cling to power Angola 0
Lunar Cycle Black Entertainment : Smith Family Bashing Time Again: Hollywood Style Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : three-generations-in-one-family-graduate-at-the-same-time Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : cleveland-shooters-family-publicly-disowns-him Black People Open Forum 48
Kemetstry Black Positive People : THE BUSH FAMILY Black People Doing Positive Things 2
P Black Short Stories : Web Of Love (3 ) family over flowers Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People : syrian-american-family-that-voted-for-trump-gets-deported Black People Open Forum 1
Liberty Black Education / Schools : Meet the DeVos family — super-wealthy right-wingers working with the religious right to destroy publ Black Education / Schools 74
Enki Black People : This is our home black family Black People Open Forum 4
Destee Destee's Thoughts Happy 19th Birthday to Us Family!!! Destee's Thoughts 40
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Sandra Bland’s family settles wrongful death lawsuit for $1.9 million Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
U Black Money Business Jobs : It will take 228 years for the average Black family to catch up to the wealth of the average white Black Money Business Jobs 37
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : A Gravesite found for a Jesus family member: reasons for African religious attacks. AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : USA @ War with the Black family AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : The Average Black Family Would Need 228 Years to Build the Wealth of a White Family Today Black Money Business Jobs 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Henry Gates: Donald Trump’s Nomination Directly Related To 8 Years Of Black Family In White House Black People Politics 14
skuderjaymes Black People : 582 Sex offenses.. 386 Sexual Assaults, 41 Child Family sex abuse cases (through April) in Chicago. Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Bob Marley’s Family Wins Major Lawsuit, Awarded Damages Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Liberty Black Picture Image Gallery : These Incredible Family Photos of MLK Show A Side Of Him That Will Warm Your Heart Black Picture Image Gallery 12
chuck African American History Culture : Cherish The Days Destee Family!! African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : The Racial double standard of the new Bundy family standoff: They’d be killed if they were Black Black People Politics 47