Black People : When Did Being 'Black' Become So One Dimensional?

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
It used to be whenever whites needed or wanted to get their groove on, past generations came up with somebody new? Now white grannies wear Fifty's caps?!? What they're really idenitifying with: Blacks with more money than they got...Being I'm not one of them: I'm not flattered or impressed about the mimickry...Are you? FYI...

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
The very notion of whites in blackface, i. e., poor whites making fun of black slaves folk culture etc, though they weren't really all that better off, way back then, kinda sorta reveals their present descendants aren't all that better off either...

I. e., so who are we really being challenged by, and what is this notion of blacks vs whites, truly based on?

Above and beyond their false identifications, etc., with folk they have nothing in common with, except being white, the noise some (if not all) are making over those government bailouts, etc., the same folks didn't when 'their' jobs etc. were being outsourced overseas to begin with....

So, just who is 'the enemy', these days?

Perhaps the same as they're been all along...

And mere skin shades etc. has nothing to do with it...

FYI...

Asomfwaa

Nov 16, 2011
The very notion of whites in blackface, i. e., poor whites making fun of black slaves folk culture etc, though they weren't really all that better off, way back then, kinda sorta reveals their present descendants aren't all that better off either...

I. e., so who are we really being challenged by, and what is this notion of blacks vs whites, truly based on?

Above and beyond their false identifications, etc., with folk they have nothing in common with, except being white, the noise some (if not all) are making over those government bailouts, etc., the same folks didn't when 'their' jobs etc. were being outsourced overseas to begin with....

So, just who is 'the enemy', these days?

Perhaps the same as they're been all along...

And mere skin shades etc. has nothing to do with it...

FYI...

Not quite chuck. It's important to realize that the races have different racial organization. That is, Asians and Europeans organize in Patriarchy; Africans in Matriarchy.

There are further differences between Asians and Europeans but it's not necessary herein.

As it were, I'm having this discussion with an African scholar in the UK, who insists that we should abandon the "Black" description as it's defined by Whiteness. This is a continuation of Amos Wilson's discouragement of defining "Black" as reaction to "White." In the English language, "Black" has a non-indigenous definition amongst our people, thus we are confused in interacting with it. After all "Black" is defined negatively. Recounting on our youth "Blacks" were entertainers.

Still, there is an indigenous definition of Blackness. Some of us know it, but it peeks through our observation of our ancestors: Harriet Tubman, for instance, was Black; Frederick Douglass, Black, Martin Delany, Black. And this indigenous definition is the consistency from our ancient ancestry down to today (minus the interracial corruptions.)

By the by, however, "Matriarchy" is the key difference. So truly Black is not another shade of White or vise versa. Black is very different. And Black and White can not mix and respect their ancestry.

As it were, most Blacks live in Patriarchy(-lite) in America so we're unclear of how we differ. But our problems partially stem from the fact that we live in Patriarchy(-lite) rather than Matriarchy.

HTP

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Not quite chuck. It's important to realize that the races have different racial organization. That is, Asians and Europeans organize in Patriarchy; Africans in Matriarchy.

There are further differences between Asians and Europeans but it's not necessary herein.

As it were, I'm having this discussion with an African scholar in the UK, who insists that we should abandon the "Black" description as it's defined by Whiteness. This is a continuation of Amos Wilson's discouragement of defining "Black" as reaction to "White." In the English language, "Black" has a non-indigenous definition amongst our people, thus we are confused in interacting with it. After all "Black" is defined negatively. Recounting on our youth "Blacks" were entertainers.

Still, there is an indigenous definition of Blackness. Some of us know it, but it peeks through our observation of our ancestors: Harriet Tubman, for instance, was Black; Frederick Douglass, Black, Martin Delany, Black. And this indigenous definition is the consistency from our ancient ancestry down to today (minus the interracial corruptions.)

By the by, however, "Matriarchy" is the key difference. So truly Black is not another shade of White or vise versa. Black is very different. And Black and White can not mix and respect their ancestry.

As it were, most Blacks live in Patriarchy(-lite) in America so we're unclear of how we differ. But our problems partially stem from the fact that we live in Patriarchy(-lite) rather than Matriarchy.

HTP

CTJ:

What you talking about, Willis?!?

SMH...

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
But, yeah: Those africans who stole back their freedom had much in common with indigenous folk in the americas, up to and including their's being a female maintained/supported/etc. centered means/ways/etc. base of life/culture etc.

Always try to not talk over our heads..

Do break it all down, brown, so the less than formerely educated know and understand what you're writing/talking/etc. about, too...

FYI...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
river Black People : Did Michael Jackson Hate Being Black? Listen to His Own Words Black People Open Forum 44
Destee Black People : How Did You Avoid Being a Sheeple - while eating the same food they provide to us all ? Black People Open Forum 56
Eccl 12vs13 Black Christians : Did Jesus Christ go from being 100% God, to 100% man and BACK to 100% God? Christian Study Group 31
D African American History Culture : How much did our ANCESTORS value you being EDUCATED? African American History Culture 0
I Black Poetry : Did you know..THAT SOME MEN BELIEVE THAT WOMEN DO NOT MIND BEING treated like H^s!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : ?Did Black Women Author The Bible? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
S Black Men : FROM GROWN MEN TO GROWN BOYS!!! How did we get here? Black Men 0
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : What part did God play in the creation of any religion? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Ndugu Black Ancestors : A Strong Congressman; Cummings suffered from a Broken Heart, seeing what a Cultural Virus , did to our people! Honoring Black Ancestors 1
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Why did Judas not ask Jesus for forgiveness for betraying Him, instead of committing suicide? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
dattaswami1 Black Christians : Why did Jesus on the cross pray to God to excuse His offenders since they were ignorant? Christian Study Group 0
dattaswami1 Black Christians : Why Jesus did not avoid crucifixion?.. Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : Did the Dutch "steal" this African food? Food Discussion and Recipes 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Candace Owens: Blacks Did Better in the First 100 Years After Slavery Black People Open Forum 6
MicTheory Black Spirituality Religion : Did The Black Church Sell Out The Revolution? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
OldSoul Black People : Where did suburbs come from? Black People Open Forum 1
Bboanerge Black Money Business Jobs : Did you keep your Black Money out of Starbucks' cash registers, today? Black Money Business Jobs 14
W Black Entertainment : I really did not like black panther movie Black Entertainment 37
Louise Cosper Black Christians : The Day Billy Graham Did the Unthinkable for Race Relations Christian Study Group 5
OldSoul Black People : Africans did NOT sell their own people into slavery Black People Open Forum 18
Kemetstry African American History Culture : LITTLE PEOPLE DID BIG THINGS African American History Culture 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Cortana: What Did We Get Ourselves Into? Science and Technology 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : The Ozone Hole Over Antarctica Did Just Something It Hasn't In Decades Yahoo View Science and Technology 1
HODEE Black People Politics : OBAMA to "Republicans_I didn't create TRUMP.. your hate towards me did! Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Did Satan Create Catholicism? Trump-Supporting Pastor Robert Jeffress Thinks So Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : A founder of Black Lives Matter answers a question on many minds: Where did it go? African American History Culture 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : These Sorority Sisters Did a ‘Melanin Illustrated’ Photo Shoot Black People Doing Positive Things 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Did Luke exaggerate Paul's food distribution AACOOLDRE 1
D Black Entertainment : What mangas did you finish or currently reading? Black Entertainment 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : HOW DID CHRISTIANS TORTURE OTHER PEOPLE? AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : DID ST.PAUL GO ON A FAMINE RELIEF MISSION?: Did James, Jude & Revelations really know what happened? AACOOLDRE 1
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Yvette Carnelle: "Government Ain't Never Did Nothing for Black People" is a lie Black People Politics 5
C Black People Politics : Why did 13% of black men vote for Trump? Black People Politics 2
Liberty Black People : How Did You Feel, How Did You React, In 2008, Compared to How You Feel Now? Black People Open Forum 5
J Black Entertainment : What Did Kanye West’s Casting Call for ‘Multiracial Women Only’ Mean? Black Entertainment 10
Fine1952 Black People : Why Did FEMA Just Put a Rush Order on 5 Million Bottles Of Water? Black People Open Forum 1
S Black People : When Did The Republican War On Democracy Begin? Black People Open Forum 0
Liberty Law Forum : Editorial: Why did we treat the heroin problem differently than the crack Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : HOW DID WE LOSE BLACK OWNED BUSINESSES? Black Money Business Jobs 76
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Did Obama have a gay lover killed??? AACOOLDRE 0
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : Why did black men kneel to Black Women? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
OldSoul OldSoul : Did You Know That Thousands Of Free Black People Were Killed In Concentration Camps In The U.S? OldSoul 0
TruthHitman Africa : Did Ancient Black Races Know That Earth Is A Flat Circle All Things Africa 3
chuck Black Education / Schools : What Did Undermine Community Control Of Our Schools?!? Black Education / Schools 7
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Did Jews help the Egyptians build the Pyramids? AACOOLDRE 0
baller Black Poetry : Does Black History Month Mean as much as it Once Did? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
OldSoul OldSoul : I didnt say it - they did! OldSoul 4
Liberty Black People Politics : Black Dems aren’t turning out for Hillary like they did for Obama Black People Politics 1
R Black Poetry : wow did they say the name of the band playing at the time of the attacks in FRANCE was an American b Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Did the OT/NT steal the Egyptian Balance Scales AACOOLDRE 0