Black Entertainment : What's the real deal on Wesley Snipes and; the Black Panther comic movie?

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
.....This whole interview read like Wesley was smiling and winking at the interviewer as he spoke.

So, it's one thing to choose another race; but it's another to insultingly describe the women of your own race as females who (A) DON'T READ (B) ARE FULL OF DRAMA (C) AREN'T PLEASING TO A BLACK MAN and (D) just aren't KIND, COMFORTING AND NICE.

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
wesley said: "I know we've all been hurt, and we're all very wounded," he says, addressing Black women. "We have to acknowledge that, both male and female, in the Black experience. "

one love
khasm
Yeah....and how BIG of him and NOBLE of him to say so.

...Right before he listed/described all the ills of Black women.

:cool:

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
Yeah....and how BIG of him and NOBLE of him to say so.

...Right before he listed/described all the ills of Black women.

:cool:
I wonder what that large list of jazz musicians, somewith several white wives andsome who felt comfortable to leave the Black community and go live in the fatherland continent of white folks,
I wonder what they had to say about Black women?

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
I wonder what that large list of jazz musicians, somewith several white wives andsome who felt comfortable to leave the Black community and go live in the fatherland continent of white folks,
I wonder what they had to say about Black women?
Well, since you "wonder" about it so much, GO FIND IT.

GO FIND any statements Oscar Peterson said about Black women or any other musicians, etc.. who married White women.

STOP "WONDERING" and GO FIND any support for yourself.

But, I have supplied Wesley's own words.

So, no one has to "WONDER" about what he said.

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
Well, since you "wonder" about it so much, GO FIND IT.

GO FIND any statements Oscar Peterson said about Black women or any other musicians, etc.. who married White women.

STOP "WONDERING" and GO FIND any support for yourself.

But, I have supplied Wesley's own words.

So, no one has to "WONDER" about what he said.
just ask a question, no time for negative flame wars thaat have no end

thank you!

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
and therein lies the problem....
i would never be with anyone other than a black woman
but i know exactly what he is talking about....
it is hubris on any black womans part not to find any truth to what he said nicely....

one love
khasm
And therein also lies the problem.

You automatically assume that I am denying ANY truth to his statements.

Are there some ANGRY, BITTER Black women out here?.....YES.

But, with his statements, phrased as they were, Wesley only addressed Black women in such a category.

Not once, did he mention any Black EX-girlfriends who DID "like to READ."

Not once, did he mention any Black women who ARE NOT "full of drama" when her man comes home.

Not once, did he mention any Black women who ARE "pleasing and comforting and kind and nice" to her man.

In this interview, Wesley LUMPED all Black women in the same pot.

And not once, did he mention that most BLACK WOMEN are coming home from A JOB AS WELL.

lilpea

STAFF
Sep 8, 2005
(G.I.)- Better known as Gary,In.
Occupation
retired
I Tried and I've Tried

.....This whole interview read like Wesley was smiling and winking at the interviewer as he spoke.

So, it's one thing to choose another race; but it's another to insultingly describe the women of your own race as females who (A) DON'T READ (B) ARE FULL OF DRAMA (C) AREN'T PLEASING TO A BLACK MAN and (D) just aren't KIND, COMFORTING AND NICE.
I tried and I've tried to stay out of this convo..but at-last I can no longer. I read that interviewer over and over so see exactly what you Sisters and Brothers were talking about. First of all we all re-act to our own life experiences..no matter what we have read or how much we have studied..it is life's experiences that form us, makes us who we are..the good and the bad.

So for me I'm not going to go around and badmouth a person because he or she chooses a mate out his or her race...all that is important to me is...can he/she help with the struggle. and to me this brother..and i did say brother is doing what he can. Now the Question we all should be asking is what have we done to help with the struggle...are we in the lime lite where we could become an easy target or are we just setting back complaining while others take our lumps for us.

Again from what I have read and the links that was posted if the brother was a sellout, to me he's at-least trying to make up of it..and that I have to applaud him for. Because believe just like you and I were able to view these links. Those that are trying to keep us down are viewing them too...and that makes him a target just like the rest of us. So bring it on Wesley, I for one will fight with you.

Oh yeah and the more work u do in Hollywood the better..just bring some other brothers and sister up with you.

Lilpea :1on1:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.