Food Discussion : What's One Dish You Love to Cook or Prepare?

Blackbird

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
The funniest thing is I found that my Ghanaian relations don't like gumbo and I don't like many of their stews and soups. I see similarities between gumbo and African soups but the taste is so different it like comparing pasta to jambalaya. Both use tomatoes, meat and starch but spaghetti just isn't Italian jambalaya.

Angela22

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2013
Before I even started this, I knew Brother Omowale Jabali and Brother Blackbird would contribute so wonderfully to this thread. Thanks you guys, all of you! Loving all you share. Really feel at home in this thread. You don't have to wonder why. :lol:

If there's one thing to bring a people together, it's the food they grew up on and have grown to love. Ain't no fussing over that.

Blackbird

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
Before I even started this, I knew Brother Omowale Jabali and Brother Blackbird would contribute so wonderfully to this thread. Thanks you guys, all of you! Loving all you share. Really feel at home in this thread. You don't have to wonder why. :lol:

If there's one thing to bring a people together, it's the food they grew up on and have grown to love. Ain't no fussing over that.

Ain't that the truth.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
The funniest thing is I found that my Ghanaian relations don't like gumbo and I don't like many of their stews and soups. I see similarities between gumbo and African soups but the taste is so different it like comparing pasta to jambalaya. Both use tomatoes, meat and starch but spaghetti just isn't Italian jambalaya.
Yeah, the spices are different as well as the style of cooking. For example, I can't even find palm oil in a local market and only use peanut oil for turkey frying.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Yeah, the spices are different as well as the style of cooking. For example, I can't even find palm oil in a local market and only use peanut oil for turkey frying.
In fact, I don't think sassafras grows in West Africa, only in South Africa. I use a little Chinese six-spice for the ginger. Just picked some up this morning.

Latest profile posts

"Life is the greatest journey you will ever be on..."
Destee wrote on Jahari Kavi's profile.
Hi Brother @Jahari Kavi ... Welcome Home! Good to see you! YAAAAAY Us! :love:
Destee wrote on Orisons's profile.
Hi Brother @Orisons ... good to see you in the house, stay safe always please :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love: