Food Discussion : What's One Dish You Love to Cook or Prepare?

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I gotta say Gumbo as well, second is red beans and rice with Louisiana hot links. And for the record, I do use okra in my gumbo, seafood or chicken.
Third, is BBQ chicken or chicken links. I love to make my own sauce.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I gotta say Gumbo as well, second is red beans and rice with Louisiana hot links. And for the record, I do use okra in my gumbo, seafood or chicken.
This is what I'm talking bout..,

• Seasonings. Tips and seasoning ingredients from the native Indians, and Caribbean and African cooks helped give birth to Creole cooking. Africans introduced okra; the Spanish, spices and red peppers; the Germans, black pepper and mustard; the Irish, potatoes. In addition, file powder came from the Choctaw Indians; allspice and peppers from the West Indians; and garlic and tomatoes from the Italians.

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
This is what I'm talking bout..,

• Seasonings. Tips and seasoning ingredients from the native Indians, and Caribbean and African cooks helped give birth to Creole cooking. Africans introduced okra; the Spanish, spices and red peppers; the Germans, black pepper and mustard; the Irish, potatoes. In addition, file powder came from the Choctaw Indians; allspice and peppers from the West Indians; and garlic and tomatoes from the Italians.
Thanks for the lesson Omowale. Its so interesting to know where our spices and foods originated. I love me some okra ... anytime, anywhere!

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
Yeah nonc, I got to have okra in my gumbo regardless if seafood or chicken also. I generally "sweep da kitchen" and make gumbo with everything in it. I don't separate chicken and sausage from seafood and okra.

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
Third, is BBQ chicken or chicken links. I love to make my own sauce.
I love to do bbq. I use pecan with hickory for my chicken or mesquite and red oak. My dad, brothers and I have an ongoing BBQ pit masters competition. I am at a disadvantage because I don't have one of those good big pits but I still put in work.

I want to start a bbq joint. Vegas don't have any good bbq and I would sell Natchitoches meatpies as a tapas too. Ever had tamales from Zwolle?

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: