Food Discussion : What's One Dish You Love to Cook or Prepare?

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
I love how the trinity smells when you cook it. When I make gumbo, I feel extra special connected with my gran mamere. It is like she is there to guide me in making it. Sometimes I hear instructions like, "Ya kno ya need ta add a lil mo wine to dat, now" or "Put some mo thyme in dat."

I just go with the flow and connectivity of over a century worth of knowledge. Sometimes I might make a shrimp stock to put in it, depending on the mood. I am allergic to seafood so often I won't go that way. I do it if I am making it for others and want a truly authentic experience for them.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I gotta say Gumbo as well, second is red beans and rice with Louisiana hot links. And for the record, I do use okra in my gumbo, seafood or chicken.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I gotta say Gumbo as well, second is red beans and rice with Louisiana hot links. And for the record, I do use okra in my gumbo, seafood or chicken.
Third, is BBQ chicken or chicken links. I love to make my own sauce.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
This is what I'm talking bout..,

• Seasonings. Tips and seasoning ingredients from the native Indians, and Caribbean and African cooks helped give birth to Creole cooking. Africans introduced okra; the Spanish, spices and red peppers; the Germans, black pepper and mustard; the Irish, potatoes. In addition, file powder came from the Choctaw Indians; allspice and peppers from the West Indians; and garlic and tomatoes from the Italians.

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
This is what I'm talking bout..,

• Seasonings. Tips and seasoning ingredients from the native Indians, and Caribbean and African cooks helped give birth to Creole cooking. Africans introduced okra; the Spanish, spices and red peppers; the Germans, black pepper and mustard; the Irish, potatoes. In addition, file powder came from the Choctaw Indians; allspice and peppers from the West Indians; and garlic and tomatoes from the Italians.
Thanks for the lesson Omowale. Its so interesting to know where our spices and foods originated. I love me some okra ... anytime, anywhere!

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
Yeah nonc, I got to have okra in my gumbo regardless if seafood or chicken also. I generally "sweep da kitchen" and make gumbo with everything in it. I don't separate chicken and sausage from seafood and okra.

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
Third, is BBQ chicken or chicken links. I love to make my own sauce.
I love to do bbq. I use pecan with hickory for my chicken or mesquite and red oak. My dad, brothers and I have an ongoing BBQ pit masters competition. I am at a disadvantage because I don't have one of those good big pits but I still put in work.

I want to start a bbq joint. Vegas don't have any good bbq and I would sell Natchitoches meatpies as a tapas too. Ever had tamales from Zwolle?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍