Black People Politics : What would happen if nonvoters actually showed up? Hint: Republicans wouldn’t be happy

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
About 55 million adult Americans aren't registered and don't vote. If they did, the current GOP would be vaporized

upload_2016-10-29_13-4-9.png

The election coming in just over a week will be decided by the people who vote. It’s an obvious statement, but it carries profound importance, because in American presidential elections, about 40 percent of the population doesn’t actually show up. The United States trails other rich countries, many of which have turnout rates that reach into the 80-percent or 90-percent range.

There are many reasons for this: One party sees voter suppression as its means to political power; the Electoral College makes many states “safe” enough that voters see no reason to turn out; many states disenfranchise anyone convicted of a crime. But our onerous voter registration system is one of the most important contributors. Roughly 55 million Americans, or one-quarter of the voting-age population, simply aren’t registered and therefore couldn’t show up on election day even if they wanted to. What would happen if they did?

Read more

http://www.salon.com/2016/10/29/wha...-showed-up-hint-republicans-wouldnt-be-happy/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
candeesweet Black Poetry : Gonna happen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
HODEE Black People Politics : Black and Asian Community Leaders Reveal What Would Happen If Our Communities Unite Black People Politics 1
C Black People : What Happen To The Universal Divine Black Beings? Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : She was so not gonna do this but after a true kiss stuff happen he huff and puff while rapping and jest got her tongue wanted breasts and some, w Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
blazejay Black Money Business Jobs : Group Economics:Will It Happen? Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : What would happen if we randomly gave $1,000 to poor families? Now we know Black Money Business Jobs 0
C Black People : It Ain't Gonna Happen To You Until You Make It Happen For You Black Afrikan People!!! Black People Open Forum 0
dattaswami1 Black Christians : A true devotee must always express that the will of God should always happen either in his case or in the case of the others Christian Study Group 0
Perfection Madagascar : In Context Series: Madagascar: A History of Arrivals, What Happened, and Will Happen Next Madagascar 0
R Black Poetry : Alerting with bling rapping wanting a certain thing to happen like a date in VIRGINIA BEACH, must co Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : The donation of self for more to happen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Destee Black People Politics : What's the Worst that Can / Will Happen to Trump - if Found Guilty of All? Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Zika: NY Woman Diagnosed With Zika Warns, You 'Think That It’s Not Going to Happen to You' Black Health and Wellness 21
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: Got a bundle of proof but stumble over the truth and got up like // nothing happen, history Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Random alarm led me to abandon my farm cows gone I've somehow known that this would happen my own c Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : Got a bundle of proof but stumble over the truth and got up like nothing happen, history be kind and Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
chuck Black Entertainment : Whatever Did Happen To Hip Hop Part Two Black Entertainment 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama: Women made civil rights movement happen Black People Politics 3
R Black Poetry : Wow being black got me seeing whack I’m starting to understand after what happen to SANDRA BLAND for Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
shaka64 Black People : We need everyone to make change happen Black People Open Forum 7
John Williams Black Relationships : Blacks and Whites romantically involved; why does it happen? Black Relationships 445
E Black People : Sandy Hook Expert Threatened for Challenging Narrative : Back Off Or Bad Things Could Happen! Black People Open Forum 0
Kadijah Black People : If Blacks stopped killing blacks... what would happen? Black People Open Forum 18
chuck Black People : What's Happening To D Town Might Happen To Your Town Too! Black People Open Forum 33
A Black People : What's Going To Happen To Us When The White Race Die Off? Black People Open Forum 50
$$RICH$$ Black People : Thinking back 40 to 50 years (what happen) Black People Open Forum 20
L Black People : What would happen if..........???? Black People Open Forum 6
H Black People : Argentina Was Once 80% Black What Happen To Everybody Black People Open Forum 4
Ankhur Black People : Can a Black Aushwitz happen here in 20 years from now? Black People Open Forum 25
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Treating The Earth As If It Is A Person As You And I Happen To Be Chief Elder Osiris 9
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : There Is No Greater Disaster To Happen To Black Afrikan People In The Diaspora Americ Chief Elder Osiris 0
R Black Short Stories : What Ever Happen To the Jazz Hoffer-Don't mean a thing less it's got that jazz swing! Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Best Thing Divine That Can Happen To Black People Chief Elder Osiris 5
R Black Poetry : Things Happen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Metaverse Black Entertainment : Could it "Happen"? Black Entertainment 3
baller Black Poetry : Why Did GOD Let This Happen To Me? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : WHAT HAS HAPPEN TO THE MIND OF BLACK FOLKS ? Chief Elder Osiris 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THE PROBLEM WITH BLACK PEOPLE, HAPPEN TO BE BLACK PEOPLE!! Chief Elder Osiris 2
N Black People : What will happen to our folks in the 9th Ward Black People Open Forum 4
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : What Happen To you Chief Elder Osiris 0
K Black Poetry : This what happen when you locked up for 20 years Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Monetary Black People : First California...now it MAY happen in Michigan Black People Open Forum 3
river Black Spirituality Religion : Did the Second Coming Already Happen? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : What Happen After We Die, Who is God ? Chief Elder Osiris 1
B Black People Politics : OUR BELOVED "FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT" ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN! Black People Politics 4
I Black Spirituality Religion : After A Person Dies , What Happen Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 38
watzinaname Black Poetry : You Mean, it Could Happen Again? Slave Narrative Number 3 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 19
watzinaname Black Poetry : You Mean, It Could Happen Again? Slave Narrative Number Two Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
watzinaname Black Poetry : You Mean, It Could Happen Again? Slave Narrative Number One Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 24
watzinaname Black Poetry : You Mean, It Could Happen Again? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17