Black People : What we really need: Wealthy Black Nationalists

Knowledge Seed

Feb 22, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Clearly, we already have a lot of wealthy Blacks. But, generally, they are integrated into the larger white society.

Am I the only one that dreams about being listed on the Forbes 400 and using my considerable wealth to fund Afrikan-centered causes, especially in the area of education?

Is it crazy that I have billionaire capitalist ambitions, but that I'd want to use the money to build Afrocentric schools, libraries and museums? And temples to Afrikan deities?

Is it beyond belief that I think Black people should individually and collectively pursue obscene amounts of wealth and use it build a Black Nationalist haven as envisioned by the likes of Marcus Garvey, Elijah Muhammad and Oba Adefunmi?

Am I the only one with this kind of thinking?

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Black nationalism and capitalism. No you not the only one. Garvey tried it. Elijah tried it. Many more have tried it. Unless you are going to take those billions, buy a huge amount of land and build your own institutions and infrastructure, you will not be engaging in Nation building.

Peace be with you in your efforts. Make sure that you keep up on your taxes and other fiduciary responsibilities because the IRS don't play.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Black nationalism and capitalism. No you not the only one. Garvey tried it. Elijah tried it. Many more have tried it. Unless you are going to take those billions, buy a huge amount of land and build your own institutions and infrastructure, you will not be engaging in Nation building.

Peace be with you in your efforts. Make sure that you keep up on your taxes and other fiduciary responsibilities because the IRS don't play.

On the other hand if you are talking about direct investment and infrastructural development you might make some positive impact.

However, the key word is might because one would have to carefully examine the impact if the current group of African billionaires. Ate they priming the pump and actually making a positive impact?

I don't really see it happening in Nigeria or Ethiopia or Somalia, all of which are war torn with various degrees of anarchy and political destabilization.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
What we really need: Wealthy Black Nationalists

I disagree. Is there even such a thing, wealthy black nationalists? Can you name some living ones?

I'm surprised you'd say this is what we need, looking outside of self to solve the problem.

So we stop waiting for whites to do right, and wait for wealthy blacks, who are living a life of ease?

We talk of what the wealthy won't do, counting their money, as we hoard our own few dollars.

I imagine that the combined finances of the poor far exceeds the wealthiest Blacks combined.

No ... if this problem is to be solved ... i believe it will have to be the poor that solve it ... those in need.

Folk will have to sacrifice for the collective, the greater good, their own few pennies ... be living examples.

Unfortunately though, like wealthy blacks have reason for not helping, so too do most of us.

We find all kinds of reasons for never putting a dime on the table, yet talk of unity and what others should do.

We're a mess ... but a mess i believe we'll overcome ... one day.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: