Black Money Business Jobs : What the Poor Owe the Rich - Your Opinion Please

BlackSunlight

Oct 1, 2009
I came across this video and decided to find out people's opinion on the topic raised so I've posted it on a number of message-boards and I guess this section is the appropriate spot for this board. What's your view on what this guy is saying? Please give as much detail as possible on your opinion.

JuneBugg

Jul 29, 2002
I came across this video and decided to find out people's opinion on the topic raised so I've posted it on a number of message-boards and I guess this section is the appropriate spot for this board. What's your view on what this guy is saying? Please give as much detail as possible on your opinion.

What a load of crap!:10100:
The richest 10% own 80% of the stock market, billions in "unearned income" the rich make most of their money off paper, UNEARNED which comes under CAPITAL GAINS the top rate is 15% and it will go up to 20% I think in 2016. People who work for others tax rate is 28%, called EARNED INCOME. It is already immoral that a person is taxed less who profits from paper than actually working a job. Mitt Romney income came from Capital Gains, 15% tax rate and with his write offs and business subsidies he paid ZERO taxes for at least 12 years and probably got money back and that is not counting the money that was not exposed to taxes because he moved it off shore.

Another moral point, a rich person who inherit wealth and sits on their butts like the Walton kids, 5 of them have more wealth than the bottom 42% of Americans and income which is not EARNED INCOME and likely do not work but have more wealth than they could ever need to support themselves.

Who is more valuable, a teacher, a doctor, an emergency first responder, a scientist or a Walton? Walton money does not have to be concentrated within their family to benefit the rest of us, in fact such a system is detrimental to the rest of us because we live in a state of income inequality. If it were spread out we Americans would be better off. Is a rich person who bets on the a mortgage collapse and makes a billion off paper worth even one teacher or scientist or even a stay at home parent who looks after their kids?

Next moral point is common people pay more taxes percentage wise than the rich pay. Working people pay more of a percentage of their income in payroll taxes than the rich do in capital gains. That is not counting local taxes and the rest that come out of common people taxes which is a much higher percent than the rich.

Add up state and local taxes, payroll taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, and excise taxes are tallied up, lalalala.. low-income people pay up to 40% of their incomes in taxes, many of the rich when added up pay ZERO when they add in the subsidies and write offs only extended to them.

Next moral point is Average Americans pay more in taxes than corporations. In the 50s for every worker that paid 1 dollar in taxes, corporations paid 3 dollars. TODAY for every dollar workers pay in taxes corporations pay 16 cents! Who own and run CORPORATIONS the super rich!

:mad: Don't get me started I could point out a heck of a lot of moral points, OLIGARCHY, PLUTOCRACY, ARISTOCRACY, CORPOCRACY, IS IMMORAL PERIOD!

But here is the main point, no one got rich on their own! The rich became rich by those who preceded them, scientist, teachers, government that created a stable system and infrastructure and so on. Working people are shut out of profits they generate in our economy. Those profits the rich make would not be realized without rank and file workers, chemists, physicists, chip designers, programmers, engineers, production-line workers, market analysts, testers, troubleshooters lalalala! Workers who help generate profits should be entitled to share in the profits beyond their salaries and wages, say at about 40% of the profits should go to workers.

Look at the deals the unions cut for the NBA, NFL, MLB in all three it is about 50 50 split. But the system common workers have are shut out of profits and pitted against the cheapest labor the rich can find around the world.

I could go on and on but I'll leave it there!

BlackSunlight

Oct 1, 2009
Just one response out of 108 views but that's alright.

JuneBugg I thank you for answering and what you've laid-out in your reply I couldn't agree with anymore. There's literally nothing more for me to add to what you said. Especially the point you raised about how those who are counted among the rich didn't get to the position they're in by themselves. They don't exist in a vacuum and the wealth they acquired didn't just drop out of the sky no matter how long it existed in their families' bloodline. The rich got where they are, whether through fair or crooked means (the vast-majority of the time throughout history it was by the latter), off of the servitude of others.

Then he comes with some nonsense about the poor owing a big thank you from what the rich has produced... produce what? One could argue somewhat that the rich provided the leadership and such but, other than divine intervention, nothing would've come into existence without some manner of support by the working people making it happen. And as for the basis on the premise of providing leadership, as the old saying goes, "necessity is the mother of invention". He or she may have had the foresight of what's needed in society at a particular point in time and rose to the challenge, still, if it wasn't them it would've been someone else, that's nature and universal law. And let us not forget that, to maintain their elite status, alot of these hustling capitalist-parasites also push things that are not needed in society as well.

He also runs that poor people work for rich people and they would not have the jobs if it wasn’t for rich people. Yo, that’s how the system is setup. We live in a capitalist society. Those with the most accumulated monetary wealth automatically has far better access to material goods and greater bargaining power to obtain services among the people in the society, plain and simple.

Believe me, I can go on in showing how the rationale of his assessment ****-near borders lunacy. The reason I posted the video around is 'cause the sociopathic John Galt narcissism of "Atlas Shrugged" is running rampant these days and I wanted to do an informal poll (to somewhat see how bad-off we are psychologically).

Thanks again for responding.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Just a couple things:

Don't know about the other 2, but the NFL is flush because it's a Non-Profit Organization, i.e., it pays NO taxes. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Then he comes with some nonsense about the poor owing a big thank you from what the rich has produced... produce what?

Slavery.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
The poor owe the rich nothing. It is the rich who prospered off the sweat of the poor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Al D Black People : Keep Them Poor Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : What would happen if we randomly gave $1,000 to poor families? Now we know Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Atlantic slavery left its mark not just in wealthy city centres, but among the rural poor too African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : The preachers getting rich from poor Americans Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
S Black People : White-Collar Crime Kills and Maims More Than the Crimes of the Poor Black People Open Forum 2
nilevalley Black People : If you were a psychologist could you bravely warn the world about Trump's poor mental health Black People Open Forum 1
Chidike Black People Politics : Ahhh Yes.....Attack The Poor,Health Care,Food,Housing And Create Pseudo Attacks To Start A War Black People Politics 10
Chidike Black People Politics : Paul Ryan's Obamacare Alternative Is Here, and It Doesn't Even Pretend to Care About Poor People Black People Politics 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Poor Dre's Almanac AACOOLDRE 0
tarhaka bey Media: Tarhaka on The Ever Widening Gap between the Rich and the Poor in America Production 1 1 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : DOJ warns against jailing poor people for not paying court fines Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Republican Senator: Blacks Are Poor Because They Eat “Fried Chicken” Black People Politics 0
RAPTOR South Africa : Big heart: South Africa’s richest black man gives $1.3 billion, half his wealth, to the poor South Africa 0
B Black People Politics : Why is Africa still so poor? Black People Politics 134
Kemetstry Black People : Haves vs Have Nots: Poor Doors? Black People Open Forum 3
Fine1952 Black People : White People Make Up 42% of the Poor, But Take in Whopping 69% of Government Benefits Black People Open Forum 13
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Promises To The Poor, or Promises to the Rich? Which Ones Does Barack Obama Intend To Keep? Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Face of US poverty: These days, more poor live in suburbs than in cities Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : NC protests split on Bible's message to help poor Christian Study Group 9
Alarm Clock Black People : Bipartisan Victory as Republicans and Democrats Agree Poor People Should Go Hungry Black People Open Forum 0
THE-GOD Poetry Discussion : Why do women write poetry centered around this "poor me" pity me" oh please, help me, type of stuff? Short Stories - Authors - Writing 18
S Black Poetry : "Ends and Means": Poor Babies part 2 (the sequel). Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
mamodu29 Algeria : U.S PRESSES ALGERIA TO SUPORT MILITARY STRIKE ON POOR MALI Algeria 60
Mario D King Poetry Critiques : Poor Poet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
dunwiddat Black People : Our people Should Not Be So Poor Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Number of U.S. poor holds steady but gap grows Black People Politics 39
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Black Genocide? Preliminary Thoughts on the Plight of America’s Poor Black Men Black People Open Forum 0
noor100 Black People : The scandal of the Alabama poor cut off from water Black People Open Forum 4
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Poor Righteous Teacher, Conscious Style Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black Education / Schools : 76% Poor , 86% Black, 100% Admitted to College Black Education / Schools 0
Ankhur Black People : 45 million poor in the USA/ where is their bailout or quantitative easing???? Black People Open Forum 8
Kemetstry Black People : Can One Hate the Poor and Still Claim Religious Piety? Black People Open Forum 35
Amnat77 Black People : Billion Dollar Bill -How to get rich snagging a poor country. Black People Open Forum 0
Amnat77 Black People : Venezuela will continue donating free fuel to poor families in US Black People Open Forum 0
C Black Poetry : Poor Me Another Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Ankhur Black People : Poor people's Campaign in the land of the World's Greatest mineral Wealth Black People Open Forum 0
S Black Entertainment : Poor Righteous Teachers- Hot **** I'm Great Black Entertainment 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Obama Is A Poor Representation Of A Black Man Being President Of The United States Of Chief Elder Osiris 0
Ankhur Black People : World Cup, SA/ cup of prosperity or cup of Woe for poor Blacks? Black People Open Forum 1
Kemetstry Black People : Poor Infection Control in Most Hospitals!!!! Black People Open Forum 23
Kemetstry Black People : Big Banks Profit Off Loans to Poor! Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black People : Newark NJ gov. attack on poor Blacks, water supply?? Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Many become poor while Arms, Bank, and HMO stocks Soar like an Eagle Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Millions in cuts across the Nation for homeless and poor renters Black People Open Forum 0
S Black Poetry : Poor Babies Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Ankhur Black People : The middle class becoming poor, and the filthy rich getting filthier Black People Open Forum 0
P Black People : Canadian Artists for the Poor Black People Open Forum 12
S Black Spirituality Religion : Are you rich or poor??? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
SeekingMaat Black Haiku : Rich man, Poor man ..... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : About Poor White People Black People Open Forum 4