Black People : What is your learning style?

What is your learning style?

• Visual

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Aural

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Verbal

• Physical

• Logical

• Social

• Solitary

• Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Washington
I think it's important to understand what your learning style is. I especially think it's crucial for us as parents to know what type of learning style. Thus, it can help us process and understand information more efficiently.

There are 7 different types of learning styles:

• Visual (spatial):You prefer using pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
  • Aural (auditory-musical): You prefer using sound and music.
  • Verbal (linguistic): You prefer using words, both in speech and writing.
  • Physical (kinesthetic): You prefer using your body, hands and sense of touch.
  • Logical (mathematical): You prefer using logic, reasoning and systems.
  • Social (interpersonal): You prefer to learn in groups or with other people.
  • Solitary (intrapersonal): You prefer to work alone and use self-study.
Your learning styles have more influence than you may realize. Your preferred styles guide the way you learn. They also change the way you internally represent experiences, the way you recall information, and even the words you choose. We explore more of these features in this chapter.
Research shows us that each learning style uses different parts of the brain. By involving more of the brain during learning, we remember more of what we learn. Researchers using brain-imaging technologies have been able to find out the key areas of the brain responsible for each learning style.
source: http://www.learning-styles-online.com/overview/

You can have more then 1 type of learning style.

I'm Kinesthetic for the most part.

What is your learning style?

Asomfwaa

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 16, 2011
If I had to guess Logical and Solitary. Is there a test? Or is that a Logical/Solitary thing to ask?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : A Megachurch Reels After Learning Pastor Let His Professed Pedophile Son Work With Kids Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
N African Traditional Religion : Learning/adopting Ifa African Traditional Religion Study Group 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : No new 'learning' brain cells after age 13: study Science and Technology 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : American Students Aren't Learning The Full Truth About Slavery Black Education / Schools 37
Gorilla Science and Technology : Exploit Exercises - Computer Security Learning Resource Science and Technology 1
dunwiddat Black People : Black Folks Still Not Learning Black People Open Forum 2
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : 20+ Resources for Learning Programming/Computing Online Science and Technology 1
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Stanford Offering Three Open Classes: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Databases Science and Technology 4
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : DIY Computer Science (Learning Community): The Elements of Computing Systems Science and Technology 1
Destee We Are Learning This Together Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 8
Afroerotik Black Parenting : Learning to Love Black Parenting 2
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : Learning the ABCs for Black Teens Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 21
Gorilla Science and Technology : Khan Academy (Another self-learning resource) Science and Technology 0
Ankhur Black People : Now they tell us Ritalin "boosts" Learning????? Black People Open Forum 2
P Black Spirituality Religion : How Are You At Living and Learning? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
howardtsu Black Poetry : Learning to Guess Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Learning 2 love again Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Destee Science and Technology : Learning HTML / Handling Traffic Science and Technology 7
howardtsu Black Poetry : Learning to Stay Away Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
D Black Haiku : learning vanu.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
D Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Anyone gonna participate in the Distance Learning program that the AAS is offering? Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III Study Group 2
anAfrican Africa : Learning/Sharing the Nations of Africa All Things Africa 0
anAfrican Ghana : Ghana; Education: President Challenges Higher Learning Institutions Ghana 0
S Black Poetry : Higher Learning Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Destee Pan-Africanism : Monique Maddy - Learning to Love Africa Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 8
anAfrican Science and Technology : Learning Electronics Together? Science and Technology 11
L Black Education / Schools : Afrocentric Learning Tools Black Education / Schools 6
I Africa : AFrican languages and learning them. All Things Africa 9
F African American History Culture : Learning on Kemet African American History Culture 4
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Learning to Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
K Black People : Learning another language Black People Open Forum 1
I Black Poetry : Learning Tools Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
L Black Poetry : Learning to Love Me Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
L Black Poetry : Learning about Mistakes.. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
E Quiet Poetry Lounge : Learning Experiences Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
A Destee Network : 1 Week trial of 700+ e-learning courses Destee Network : 0
S Black Poetry : Learning From The Best Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
R Black Poetry : Close my file folders went to style at Kroger have to watch my shoulder want cake from the heart so Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : My style maybe wild and wrong in hummers when I dial phone numbers just to rap to chicks and be sli Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : for him time to amuse but confused and mixed up had to fix his luck, style old like wild mold,growth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Ultimate Free Style Extreme Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Lunar Cycle Black Entertainment : Smith Family Bashing Time Again: Hollywood Style Black Entertainment 0
Mario William vitale Black Entertainment : Grand Master Flash Fresh Style Black Entertainment 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Circular Music Temple (Tornado Style) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : deregulate-african-style-braiding Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Kellyanne Conway Draws Laughs and Memes With Military-Style Garb Black Entertainment 1
Liberty Black Entertainment : Martin Sheen Is Shopping a 'Making a Murderer'-Style Series That Will Exonerate O.J. Simpson Black Entertainment 13
Liberty Black Entertainment : A Fresh Pair of Images from Sundance-Bound Barack & Michelle in 'Before Sunset'-Style Romance, 'Sout Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : South African black doll breaks the mould in high style South Africa 5
RAPTOR Black People : Detroit-Style Black Removal Coming to New Jersey Black People Open Forum 0