Black Men : What is a real man

Therious

Banned
Reaction score
A real man does not beat on women. When a real man gets upset he tries to talk with his woman, he goes for a walk, or maybe he just chills out. These things control anger. Controlling anger is a sign of MANHOOD.
A real man is a human born with male genitalia, a real man checks anyone who disrespects him...holding anger in leads to psychological problems as well as heart and blood pressure issues.

CosmicMessenger

Banned
Reaction score
If you are over 21 and born a male, then you are a man.

There are good men and bad men. Wise men and foolish.

Superior men and inferior men, but they are still men.

CosmicMessenger

Banned
Reaction score
According to the Bible, John the Baptist was the greatest man born of a woman. (Matthew 11:11)

The more like John the Baptist you are...the more of a man you are and the less you are like John the Baptist...the less of a man.
I stated this because too often, black men base their definition of "manhood" on how they treat women.

Well, Adam was a man BEFORE Eve was created!

His manhood wasn't determined by how he treated women, as none existed at that time.

His manhood was determined by his submission to God.

CosmicMessenger

Banned
Reaction score

"They who imagine truth in untruth, and see untruth in truth, never arrive at truth, but follow vain desires.

They who know truth in truth, and untruth in untruth, arrive at truth, and follow true desires."---The Dhammapada

Angela22

Reaction score
To me, only real men define real men, using their actions, not their words. That's to say, you know 'em when you see 'em.

NyneElementz

Reaction score
In all honesty, I think the subject isn't workable. Honestly, the term "Real" is relative and subject to millions of opinion sets. I think what you're trying to describe is what makes a man HONORABLE. If that's your goal, then I think we can have a better conversation, as each man would give ideas to consider. "Real" is simply used far too loosely.

Babasola

Reaction score
rather than controlling anger you could not become angry in the first place......

Law of Ausar
Your nature is an unconquerable peace, therefore nothing or no one in the world can be against you.
All experiences come to you to promote your reclamation of peace, that you may in turn, aquire wisdom and power.​

James in the Odu Ifa it says even Orunmila got angry

Shabazz916

Reaction score
a real man.. knows he is always a work in progress... a real man brings knowledge of self to the people he is around. Not drama and foolishness