Black Spirituality Religion : What Is A Real Man? - posts moved from CHRISTIANITY STUDY GROUP THREAD

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Manhood can not be obtained or defined at the breast of a woman. Men don't understand women, if they do that they become. Women don't understand men, if they do that they become. The key is acceptance. Individuals know what they look for in the other but that does not necessarily define what a man or woman is, just what they desire to see in them. Women can only teach a man to be a gentleman, manhood is Only initiated by a man or the company of men. Usually women seek to domesticate men by making him safe and removing his rough edges and wildness but the man at his core is a wild man, a beast. Remove that remove the man. The story of "Iron John" by Robert Blye is a very good story, also for the Christian readers a book "Wild at Heart" by John Eldridge. We must remember that although some cultures lost the definitions of manhood others have not. Manhood was stripped from the Blackman in this country so we must go outside of us to watch examples of those who never lost it.
I may come off as a bit abrasive with my comment, oh well, just what we need another woman trying to define what a man is. Love
I hope you have applied as much energy towards researching, defining and mastering womanhood. Love
It takes a life time defining self.

Papa ... i found your post to be right on the money! It was kind and thoughtful and i'm glad you shared it.

Like myself, so many women have found themselves raising a 'man child' alone, and it's no walk in the park! Not to suggest that the OP is / was in this predicament, i'm just saying, it puts us in a position to do a task that we are ill-equipped for, with that child's very life on the line. We have to do our very best, in spite of the circumstances, and having as clear a picture before us as possible can only aide in that journey.

Thanks for putting information out here that does that, makes the picture clearer.

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Enejoh

Aug 24, 2012
I have been wondering why despite the overwhelming evidence around us telling and showing us that We Afreecans, are amongst if not the first World People that gave birth and meaning to life yet we keep listening and wasting our energy on new kids on the block.
I feel great and no shame in saying that no holy book got anything holy in them to make them worthy of defining man except of course the incomplete minds that stole, plagiarized other sacred books to create these mind manipulating books we call holy books, good for confusion and propaganda.
Knowledge of God, the Highier power, Olichoke, Chineke, Oluwa, Jah is the begining of wisdom.
If christianity and Islam is truthful why hide their true origin? why hide their ugly bloody past? why hide the fact that these two religions grew not from any truth in them but from the violence and exploitation first World people suffered in hands of Yurugu?
Real Men define themselves from self knowledge not from imitators of men.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
The above posts were moved to this ... their own thread in the main Spirituality / Religion Forum ... from this thread in the Christianity Study Group.

Please, feel free to continue here ... as STUDY GROUP SPECIAL RULES ... do not apply in this forum.

No warnings ... just a gentle reminder that those forums have much higher standards and we should watch where we're posting ... which includes me too ... obviously ... :look:

Love You! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I understand your concern with Eldridge's background and intent. If I would take the time and give you a history lesson in the background of the men and women who influenced your faith, Christianity, then I would dare make an unnecessary battle of wits. From St. Augustine the Neo Platonist who wrote church doctrine heavily influenced by Greek thought, the word Greek explains the confusion at its source. Dare we mention good old King James, and his perverted life style,who is credited with the sacred scriptures which acts as your source. I yield the road out of respect for unity of family. Don't throw rocks while living in a glass house. Truth is not about choosing which parts you wish to accept, and ignoring or denying the uncomfortable parts. Love

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Okay Papa, you've started giving me the history lesson, in spite of daring to not enter into a unnecessary battle of wits; why start-finish this, or should I say don't yield the road out of respect for unity of family, what unity, continue in the lesson. Let's go back beyond St. Augustine, tell me something about Arius, or Montanism and Arianism. Teach me more about King James; for instance, was he black?

King James Was Black?
http://destee.com/index.php?threads/king-james-was-black.68694/

The above is only 6 pages in length, lets talk about it.

Peace In,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tarhaka bey Black People : What are your thoughts on this thread as a real Man or Woman Black People Open Forum 21
H Black Men : What is a real man Black Men 21
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Bravo Eddie Murphy! A REAL Black Man! Black Entertainment 3
Bishop Black Poetry : How A Real Man Loves A Woman Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
CosmicMessenger Black Men : Obama on Ray Rice video: A 'real man' doesn't hit a woman Black Men 7
ru2religious Black People : Okay - now some real life black wo/man talking our issues!!! Black People Open Forum 91
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Short Stories : Real vs Unreal (Diary of a Black Man) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Real Man, Woman, Child Lecture pt 1 - Dr Delbert Blair Black People Open Forum 0
Proverbs31Woman Support : What is a Real Man thread moved from the Christianity Study Forum to the Brothers Forum?? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 7
cherryblossom Black Christians : What Is A Real Man? Christian Study Group 51
S Black Relationships : Will tha REAL black man please stand up? Black Relationships 41
PurpleMoons Black People : Another Black Man Dragged to Death: Real Talk Black People Open Forum 12
ASHANTA Black People : Will The Real Black Man Stand Up Black People Open Forum 4
A Black Poetry : Tears of a REAL man (for choc and sheik) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
Akilah The true "Standard" of a "Real" so-called African "Man" Black Parenting 11
M Black Poetry : Real Man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
I Black People : The real black Spider-Man Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Relationships : Men, what is your definition of a real man/woman? Black Relationships 32
R Black Relationships : Ladies, what is your definition of a real man/woman? Black Relationships 15
P Quiet Poetry Lounge : Reply from a Real Man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
A Black Relationships : There is no REAL black man shortage! Black Relationships 18
DIIMOND Black Poetry : From a REAL woman, 2 a REAL man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
N Black Poetry : A Real Man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
M Black Poetry : What You Do (For the Real Man) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Fine1952 Health and Wellness : The REAL Devils Black Health and Wellness 50
C Black People : Being Divinely True And Real Black People Open Forum 1
Queenie Law Forum : How real is the movie, "Black and Blue"? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
C Black People : Is God Real Or Is Just Our Higher Self? Black People Open Forum 0
A Black People : WAKANDA 4 REAL! Black People Open Forum 18
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The Myth Was $150,000 in Fraud. The Real Story Is More Interesting African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Tech addiction is real. We psychologists need to take it seriously Black Health and Wellness 0
F Black People : Is real empowerment truly possible if Black men and Black women are disconnected from each other? Black People Open Forum 6
MicTheory Black People Politics : Why I believe white extinction is real and climate change is the catalyst! Black People Politics 11
OldSoul Black People : The True Adventures of the Real Uncle Tom Black People Open Forum 0
Louise Cosper Law Forum : A MATTER OF REAL CONCERN FOR ALL – THE BACKGROUND DATABASE Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
chuck Black People Politics : Can We Truly Give Props To The Real Black Panthers Of The 1960's? Black People Politics 5
chuck Black Entertainment : Can You Truly Give Props To The Real Black Panthers Of The Sixties? Black Entertainment 0
Lunar Cycle Black Education / Schools : Train vs. Vehicle Collisions and Trespass: The Real Education Black Education / Schools 0
Mario William vitale Black Positive People : Keeping It Real Black People Doing Positive Things 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Yvette Carnell: Black Spending Power Is an Illusion, but the Racial Wealth Gap is Real Black People Politics 1
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Definition of a Real Player Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Just Being Real Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Reality Is Realer Than Real Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Real Love: Two Lineages as One Tree Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
nilevalley Black People Politics : This is why the people of Kenya Africa would tell Donald Trump climate change is a real fact! Black People Politics 3
Queenie Black People : Let's be real about the hate - bigotry - racism Black People Open Forum 50
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : MSU UNCOVERS REAL CULPRITS IN FLINT CRISIS Black Health and Wellness 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : Lee Daniels says racism isn’t ‘real’ because he doesn’t ’embrace’ it Black Entertainment 4
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : From Banks to Beauty Products, The #BuyBlack Movement Is Real Black Money Business Jobs 0
alcase Black People Politics : Will The Real Hillary Clinton Please Stand Up Black People Politics 4