Black People : What Experts Know About Men Who Rape

IFE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 20, 2015
C2C4BEE5-E564-4BC5-8FA5-C72BF5B155BA.jpeg

He sat by his phone, skeptical that it would ring. “I didn’t think that anyone would want to respond,” said Samuel D. Smithyman, now 72 and a clinical psychologist in South Carolina.

But the phone did ring. Nearly 200 times.

At the other end of the line were a computer programmer who had raped his “sort of girlfriend,” a painter who had raped his acquaintance’s wife, and a school custodian who described 10 to 15 rapes as a means of getting even with “rich bastards” in Beverly Hills.

What Experts Know About Men Who Rape - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/health/men-rape-sexual-assault.html - - Cached - Similar pages

Oct 30, 2017 ... Scientists once thought men who commit rape and sexual assault were so diverse that common factors could not be found. ... What Experts Know About Men Who Rape ... The author suggested that they contribute to miscnceptions about rapists, most of whom do not appear in news stories or in court.

IFE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 20, 2015
Men and Women View Sexual Assault Differently

It gets weird when we talk about sexual harassment—not because men and women define it differently (we don’t), but because women say they witness and experience it all the time and men tend to say they only hear about it. It gets weird when we bring up sexual violence—not because we can’t agree on what it means (we can), but because women think it’s happening far more frequently than men do.”

I’ll admit, I’ve been one of those men. And I struggle with the 1 in 4 women have been raped statistic, for two reasons:

• 1) Because it doesn’t square with what I have seen or experienced. I don’t expect all my female friends and relatives to tell me they’ve been assaulted, nor all of my male friends to admit if they’ve assaulted anyone. Still, it seems hard to process this figure when I can count on one hand the number of women I know about. Again, this doesn’t mean the statistic is wrong; it means that I have a different life experience.

• 2) Because even the limited study from which that statistic was drawn admits that the numbers aren’t accurate.
Now to be clear, ONE rape is one too many.

1. Men and Women View Sexual Assault Differently - Evan Marc Katz
    http://www.evanmarckatz.com/blog/sex/men-and-women-view-sexual-assault-differently/ - 437k - Cached - Similar pages
    In fact, men and women (mostly) agree on things…except for two areas fraught with a lot of emotion. Says the Esquire piece: “It gets weird when we talk about sexual harassment—not because men and women define it differently (we don't), but because women say they witness and experience it all the time and men tend to ...

IFE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 20, 2015
Men and Women View Sexual Assault Differently

It gets weird when we talk about sexual harassment—not because men and women define it differently (we don’t), but because women say they witness and experience it all the time and men tend to say they only hear about it. It gets weird when we bring up sexual violence—not because we can’t agree on what it means (we can), but because women think it’s happening far more frequently than men do.”

I’ll admit, I’ve been one of those men. And I struggle with the 1 in 4 women have been raped statistic, for two reasons:

• 1) Because it doesn’t square with what I have seen or experienced. I don’t expect all my female friends and relatives to tell me they’ve been assaulted, nor all of my male friends to admit if they’ve assaulted anyone. Still, it seems hard to process this figure when I can count on one hand the number of women I know about. Again, this doesn’t mean the statistic is wrong; it means that I have a different life experience.

• 2) Because even the limited study from which that statistic was drawn admits that the numbers aren’t accurate.
Now to be clear, ONE rape is one too many.

IFE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 20, 2015
Why men rape

It’s not a profound mystery, or explained by deep psychosocial complexity. For rapists, rape is easy. And that must stop

There is a simple and surprisingly durable myth about what causes men to rape women. It goes like this: if a man is too horny, from sexual deprivation or from being constitutionally oversexed, he will lose control in the presence of an unguarded woman. Through the early days of psychology as a science, this basic assumption remained the same. When Richard von Krafft-Ebing wrote Psychopathia Sexualis (1886), he assumed that rapists suffered from either ‘priapism and conditions approaching satyriasis’ or a ‘mental weakness’ that allowed lustful urges to escape their control. It was a simple matter of hydraulics. If the pressure was too great, or the vessel too weak, a horrifying crime would burst forth.

Until we treat rapists as ordinary criminals we won't stop them | Aeon ...
https://aeon.co/essays/until-we-treat-rapists-as-ordinary-criminals-we-wont-stop-them - 126k - Cached - Similar pages

Mar 30, 2017 ... These men were much less likely to have used violence or even physical force. Instead, the majority had assaulted women who were incapacitated by alcohol. When they did use force, it was almost always after an attempt at consensual sex had failed, the so-called 'date rape'. It seemed unquestionable ...

IFE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 20, 2015
WHY MEN RAPE

A friend of ours once told us about her rape. The details hardly matter, but in outline her story is numbingly familiar. After a movie she returned with her date to his car, which had been left in an isolated parking lot. She was expecting him to drive her home. Instead, the man locked the car doors and physically forced her to have sex with him.

Why Men Rape
http://iranscope.ghandchi.com/Anthology/Women/rape.htm - 40k - Cached - Similar pages
A friend of ours once told us about her rape. The details hardly matter, but in outline her story is numbingly familiar. After a movie she returned with her date to his car, which had been left in an isolated parking lot. She was expecting him to drive her home. Instead, the man locked the car doors and physically forced her to ...

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.
sekou kasimu wrote on ZIbijah's profile.
Have you read "The Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Origins of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression"?
$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days