Black Men : What Do We Ask Or Expect Of Our Young Black Brothers?

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
What Do Their Rites Of Passage Truly Reflect?

'Acting out' aka mere social rebellion, some becoming a part of the problem by default or them too emulating the young political activists examples of the distant or present, i. e., who don't see 'the hood' and/or its residents as it is, instead what they could make them safe places/spaces/etc. for them to live in/raise their own families in the midst of?

Personally it was the examples of the Oakland Panthers not the Bloods and Crips I was and I am inspired by...

On a real serious note, considering the violence which plagues more than the Windy City, I believe all of our takes need to be updated...

FYI...

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
This is an opportunity to speak up and out, as regards what kept you on the straight and narrow path, and/or returned you to it, if you once strayed...

You are some of the role models:

Do run down the real, and clue me to it, as well...

Thanks in advance...

FYI...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Black People : IF YOU DON'T ASK/DEMAND, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE... Black People Open Forum 2
R Black Poetry : psychiatrist is an intense profession he ask lots of expensive question that a spouse at the house asks for free thats his line of work now see a gir Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
SkinTone The Front Porch : Ask me about KPI The Front Porch 4
R Black Poetry : He's hood made and get good grades wrote a girl a short letter with all sorts of clever love words ask for a date the task was great but he wanna smas Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Why did Judas not ask Jesus for forgiveness for betraying Him, instead of committing suicide? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Jil The Front Porch : Hello Everyone! I have a favor to ask. The Front Porch 15
P Black Men : How to activate avg internet security?? Ask us 1800 828 0294 Black Men 1
nilevalley Black People : A white man who wrote and ask blacks not to trust his race a honest one at last! Black People Open Forum 4
R Black Poetry : oh no race at a slow pace but no lace time to go face a girl and ask for some, if i end up in a dumb Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Grateful woman gives her stepfather the greatest Christmas gift he could ask for Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Djedefre Black Money Business Jobs : I am a business owner, ask me anything about business or starting your own Black Money Business Jobs 1
chuck Black People Politics : Always Ask: Never Demand! Black People Politics 3
chuck Law Forum : Please Do Ask Them Why Our Lives Matter To Them!! Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Liberty Black Relationships : Ask Demetria Black Relationships 13
ManicRaider Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Fellow men: Can I ask my barber to not give me an edge up? Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Hillary Clinton Should Ask for Black America's Forgiveness Before She Asks for its Vote Black People Politics 28
Destee Black Relationships : Girls are more forward - do not wait for the Boys to ask for the first date, etc. Black Relationships 3
ceebee Support : Computer Problems? Ask a question Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 32
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : NASCAR tracks ask fans not to fly Confederate flag Black People Politics 0
OldSoul OldSoul : In Honor of His 90th (If you dont know who, you betta ask somebody!) OldSoul 0
coey30 Black Poetry : She Ask Me... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : The Four Tops - Just Ask The Lonely Black Entertainment 0
noor100 Black Muslims : Ask the Heart Islam Study Group 0
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : Abosom (Orisha, Vodou - Deities) Do Not Ask For Money Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : 9 questions about Syria you were too embarrassed to ask Black People Politics 4
SouthsideIrish Black People : any questions, just ask Black People Open Forum 21
A The Front Porch : Ask a white guy anything..... The Front Porch 236
Asomfwaa Black People : “If you offend, ask for a pardon; if offended forgive.” Black People Open Forum 123
sekou kasimu Support : Should i start another thread to ask a related question, i.e., should we smoke marijuana Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 22
ru2religious Black Relationships : Do you get what you ask for or secretly desire? Black Relationships 4
Honey1201 Higher Standard Required : Can Anyone Ask Questions in the Study Group Forums? Our Rules - Higher Standard Required 18
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Abuse Victims Ask Court to Prosecute the Vatican Black People Open Forum 3
chuck Black People : Sometimes We Don't Just Ask: We Demand Props! Black People Open Forum 7
P The Front Porch : :) any questions just ask. The Front Porch 6
Ankhur Black People : Washington Interested now in Burma..pardon, Myanmar? Ask Frank Lucas why!!! Black People Open Forum 1
legit-writer Black People : Questions the ask or the answers they give? Black People Open Forum 4
legit-writer Black Relationships : Allow Me to Ask it Differetly - For those who have cheated ... Black Relationships 17
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Raphael Saadiq - Ask Of You Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
K Black Relationships : Ok... so I just answered a question about polygamy and had to ask the women... Black Relationships 5
Precise Allah Nation of Gods and Earths : What you always wanted to know about Allah's Nation but were too afraid to ask. Nation of Gods and Earths Study Group 231
R Black Poetry : Ask Me Who I Am Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
R Black People : Robert Townsend gets the world out about new show and ask for help Black People Open Forum 0
4 Black Poetry : Dont ask me what to wear Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
4 Black Poetry : BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR..... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
Destee Black People : Proper Way To Ask Someone Their Race / Nationality Black People Open Forum 47
river Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Everything you Always Wanted to Know about Natural Hairt but were Afraid to Ask Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 1
I Black Women : Psssst ... Sisters, I need to ask you Something Black Women 16
Keita Kenyatta Black Spirituality Religion : 50 Questions Every Christian Should Ask Themselves About the bible and More Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 70
S Black People : IF GIVEN THE CHANCE...WHAT QUESTIONS WOULD YOU ASK SENATOR HILLARY CLINTON? Black People Open Forum 3
S Black People Politics : IF GIVEN THE CHANCE...WHAT QUESTIONS WOULD YOU ASK SENATOR BARACK OBAMA? Black People Politics 14