Senegal : What are Senegalese Braids?

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Hey fambly,

Anybody know what Senegalese braids are?

Ms Drea

STAFF
STAFF
Oct 16, 2004
Illinois
destee.com
Occupation
Educator
Senegalese Braids or Twists

The Senegalese Twist is a very popular technique for extension styling. The Senegales Twist technique uses two sections of hair that are tightly twisted giving the effect of beautiful rope like twist that are free-flowing and last at least three months. The Flat Twist technique is also a beautiful twist style that rest closly to the scalp to create up-do styles. The Atifah Braids are accent braids that can also be used to create complete hairstyles. They are small to medium spiral braids.

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Occupation
Author
The Senegalese Twist is a very popular technique for extension styling. The Senegales Twist technique uses two sections of hair that are tightly twisted giving the effect of beautiful rope like twist that are free-flowing and last at least three months. The Flat Twist technique is also a beautiful twist style that rest closly to the scalp to create up-do styles. The Atifah Braids are accent braids that can also be used to create complete hairstyles. They are small to medium spiral braids.

Thanks Ms Drea,

My hair will stay twisted without extensions, though maybe not for three months. Just unit I put some water on it:D

What is the difference between Senegalese braids and kinky twists?

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
There's not much different no more then what i think.

I think that the difference between senegalese and kinky twists is the type of hair, kinky twists the hair is braided an inch before it's twisted and senegalese is started by twisting.
Also kinky twist can become tangle or nap up .

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Occupation
Author
There's not much different no more then what i think.

I think that the difference between senegalese and kinky twists is the type of hair, kinky twists the hair is braided an inch before it's twisted and senegalese is started by twisting.
Also kinky twist can become tangle or nap up .

I saw my cousin put kinky twists in her hair. It was a big ball of nappy hair she bought. I like my own hair, When I twist it or plait the end curls up by itself so I don't have to do anything to make it stay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ❤ She killin' them braids Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
jamesfrmphilly Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : weaves, braids, extensions damage hair..... Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 4
rapunzal24 Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Yarn Braids Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 3
Amnat77 Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : New Study Shows Weaves & Braids Cause Early Hair Loss In Black Women Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
MsInterpret Black People : Student athlete banned from team for braids Black People Open Forum 5
K Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : WHAT IS WRONG WITH BRAIDS??? UHHH! Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 29
Destee Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : i got a gazillion braids to take down Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 25
T Science and Technology : African fractals, in buildings and braids Science and Technology 3
G Jails / Prisons : Battle over braids pits Haynesville prison guards against Department of Corrections Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
D Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : More than braids, twists, locks Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
I Nice braids. Black Health and Wellness 2
K Black Men : braids on men (an old african tradition) Black Men 24
A Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Regulating Braids and Cornrows... Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 9
OldSoul OldSoul : Jesus in braids OldSoul 5
T Black Poetry : straight, fade, or braids Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
W Black Poetry : Braids Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
W Quiet Poetry Lounge : Braids Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Black and Latino custodial workers @ the Capitol Bldg said it was degrading to clean up the debris left by white supremacist who violently stormed the Capitol Bldg. They even had to clean up smeared feces. One staffer said they were used to cleaning up after white supremacist (referring to racist Congressional members). Those who were there that day feared for their life b/c they weren't given any protection.
Mother Jones posted a list of "law makers" nationwide who promoted/assisted in the insurrection on our government. ALL should be ousted, stripped of pensions, charged with sedition and felony murder.
If black folks are present at a crime, whether they participated or not, they're charged with as many violations as white folks can conjure up. Felony murder is top of their list. Why not for white domestic terrorist?
25,000 National Guardsmen are set up to protect for Biden/Harris inauguration! Authorities are AGAIN saying that white domestic terrorist are the largest threat in American and to the democratic process.
NOT Black Lives Matter protestors, NOT even foreign terrorist, but American grown white men who are angry about all the white privilege they have.
Twitter is now locking accounts for unusual activity when there is no unusual activity. Apparently if you post to much to soon, it triggers their spider hairs. Never mind that it's (or was) a platform to post information and opinions, now it's just a flat bed from the ghost-of-trump-past. Jack Dorsey/Twitter should be charged with giving trump the media to incite a resurrection against the United States government.