Black People Politics : What America sees...

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
I have rail people in my family. One of them was up talking to the engineer when they came around the corner at 70 miles an hour to see a car on the tracks with people still sitting in the car. Okay you tried to start the car when it stalled, a time or two, now get everyone out of the dang car and run a distance while calling the police. I personally would get out of the car immediately and wait 'till he got the car started if he did and then look both ways before crossing over to get in that car again.

So they saw the car on the tracks and all my family member had time to do is grab a metal pole next to him. The front of the engine lifted up high and then came down upon the rails again with the car underneath the front of it. No survivors.

This family member is a conductor. The man that drives the train is over the engine part of the train only. The Conductor is over the entire rest of the train including the passengers. He had to go out and make a report in writing of where the bodies were -- under the train engine. Even jogging along side of a train is a tragedy waiting to happen.
When did your conductor relative write this report? Before or after he had to comply with CFR-219? Also unlike that farce "Unstoppable" the conductor is also the engineer's boss and unless the conductors orders or conduct are contrary to AAR/FRA/NORAC rules or the particular railroads crew dispatch and/or safe movement policy the engineer must comply with the conductors directive. On a lighter note has your conductor relative ever wondered if conductors are the engineers boss then why are conductors promoted to engineers? Ha ha ha, lol. True.

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
Best eye opening post to date ogoun. Michael Pence is not a war hawk, Michael Pence is a full blown certifiable warmonger and is scarier than JFK, Reagan, Cheney, Bush Sr & Jr, Nixon and Trump put together. I only reason I wish Carrot Top avoids impeachment because if Pence ever obtains access to Americas "Dogs of War" there will be a war, I mean a "REAL" war the likes we have never bore witness to. Not nuclear but a massive hemispheric conventional war which will eventually have to lead to the use of nuclear weapons once our conventional weapons munitions, stores and minimum manpower sustainability becomes dangerously close to depletion. I cannot for the life of me see Pence ever thinking he would ever have the chance to run America for if he obtains the keys to the throne he will use them not for good but to open the doors to HELL itself.

willa

Apr 7, 2013
When did your conductor relative write this report? Before or after he had to comply with CFR-219? Also unlike that farce "Unstoppable" the conductor is also the engineer's boss and unless the conductors orders or conduct are contrary to AAR/FRA/NORAC rules or the particular railroads crew dispatch and/or safe movement policy the engineer must comply with the conductors directive. On a lighter note has your conductor relative ever wondered if conductors are the engineers boss then why are conductors promoted to engineers? Ha ha ha, lol. True.
I'll check that out.

willa

Apr 7, 2013
I'll check that out.
My relative says for a Conductor to go to a job of Engineer, is a demotion with higher pay. :lol: He also said all the engineer can do is go backward or forward by the authority of the Conductor. Sounds like a bar fight, doesn't it? hee hee.

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
My relative says for a Conductor to go to a job of Engineer, is a demotion with higher pay. :lol: He also said all the engineer can do is go backward or forward by the authority of the Conductor. Sounds like a bar fight, doesn't it? hee hee.
A demotion with higher pay? I never ever even heard one engineer or conductor on any Intercity, Class I, regional, commuter, shortline, terminal railroad or otherwise including the North American railroads I'm intimately familiar with be it AMTRAK, CSX, NS, NYS&W, Housatonic, NY&AR, NYCHR, CSAO, MTA-LIRR, MTA-MNCR, MTA-SIR, MTA-NYC Subway, NY/NJ-PATH, MBTA, NJT, SEPTA, MARC, VRE or FEC say anything even remotely attached to such a statement. The rail service conductor is the hardest working operating department employee on the train, unless his train has the authority to have the luxury of a three man crew including a brakeman the conductor handleas everything involved in the trains movement in, on and external the the train itself from terminal to terminal, in all types of weather at all hours of the day or night rain, snow or shine while the engineer sits on his well financially compensated butt in a climate controlled engine whistling Dixie. I won't even go there with the UP & BNSF Transcons which to date are carrying over 2 miles worth of 200+ double stacked cars so if the train has to stop for any unscheduled reason guess who's walking the length of that beast?

This video host mistakenly thinks the conductor and brakeman are rude or hostile. These crew members were pretty decent considering the distance they both had to walk to address the problem the defect detector alerted them to. I've seen better and worst of them but fully understand the full import of their ultimate responsibility as the boss of the train walking it from anywhere from a couple of feet to several miles to find issues while the engineer gets to sit in the lap of climate controlled comfort.

Having to walk this 18,000 foot beast on a broiling hot summer day would give any conductor an incentive to be promoted to a coveted highly sought after engineers position.

GOD Bless Willa.

willa

Apr 7, 2013
You got me beat. I like Harry Potter's train on platform 9 1/2. I'm testing out smilies. Get a load of this one. :SuN033: heh heh. I don't think I've seen it before. I'm liking the upgrade of the forums.

willa

Apr 7, 2013
Thanks for the interesting info with pictures and video all about the mysterious, steel monster that slithers the rails beside the roads and highways.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: