Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Hitting close to home:

"The City of Dallas is experiencing a widespread outbreak of mosquito-borne West Nile virus and has caused and appears likely to continue to cause widespread and severe illness and loss of life," Mayor Michael Rawlings said in the proclamation of emergency that takes effect Wednesday.

West Nile virus kills 17 in Texas, sickens hundreds

Mosquitos are seen inside a trap in June 2012. The US state of Texas is battling an outbreak of the West Nile virus, with at least 17 deaths being blamed on the mosquito-borne disease, authorities said. (AFP Photo/Justin Sullivan)

The US state of Texas is battling an outbreak of the West Nile virus, with 17 deaths being blamed on the mosquito-borne disease, authorities said Wednesday.
Throughout the state, 381 people have been sickened since the start of the year, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
"Texas is on track to have the most cases of West Nile illness since the disease first emerged in the state in 2002," it said in a statement.
http://news.yahoo.com/west-nile-virus-kills-16-texas-sickens-hundreds-160247585.html

Peace In,

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

... Let's hope this doesn't move beyond the endemic phase:

West Nile virus usually flares up in the summer because it is most often transmitted by mosquito bites. People infected can suffer fever and aches that can become severe or even cause death, especially of the elderly, children and other at risk groups. There is no specific treatment for the West Nile infection.

A Culex quinquefasciatus mosquito is shown on a human finger in this undated handout photograph from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). REUTERS/James Gathany/Center

Dallas mayor declares emergency over West Nile virus

DALLAS (Reuters) - The mayor of Dallas declared a state of emergency in the ninth largest U.S. city on Wednesday to combat the spread of West Nile virus infections, which have been more prevalent than usual in Texas and other states this year.
There have been more cases of West Nile virus reported so far this year than any year since the disease was first detected in the United States in 1999, the Centers for Disease Control said on its website.
http://news.yahoo.com/dallas-mayor-declares-emergency-over-west-nile-virus-185126639.html

Peace In,

MsVeraisblessed

Jan 30, 2012
There have been a few deaths here in OKC from it. I pray it doesnt' get too bad. There needs to be a solution for this..

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
There have been a few deaths here in OKC from it. I pray it doesnt' get too bad. There needs to be a solution for this..
I guess I don't miss living in Texas as much now. Praying for the kinfolk in Texas and OK. Be safe!

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

... Called my daughter last night MsVeraisblessed and she thanked me for the alert. But folk in Dallas are so familiar with the West Nile that they weren't aware of the seriousness at this point. She called back today and really thanked me, and they are now taking all precautions to safeguard bites with repellents, etc...

Peace In,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HODEE Black People : White House directs West Wing staffers to wear masks Black People Open Forum 2
OldSoul Black People : Former Ghana President Rawlings "How the West Stole our African Identity" Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Kanye West The Black Afrikan American Messiah!!! (Deceiver) Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Pastor Whose Church Held Kanye West's Sunday Service Slams Rapper for His Comments on Slavery Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
C Black People : Anybody Who Take Kanye West As a Joke Is A Fool!!! Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Kanye West Js A Greater Danger To Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Kim Kardashian shares Kanye West album release date, after mysterious 'Jesus Is King' event, last-minute Sunday Service Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : West African slavery lives on, 400 years after transatlantic trade began African American History Culture 0
Perfection Senegal : In Context Series: A visit to Senegal, West Africa Senegal 0
Perfection Gambia : In Context Series: The Hippopotamus in Gambia, West Africa Gambia 0
Perfection Togo : In Context Series: Togo, West Africa -- An Appraisal by an Afro-American Togo 0
Queenie African American History Culture : Black Women of the Old West African American History Culture 8
Orisons Black People : Isn't Cyberspace CENSORSHIP standard in the West? Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Coates vs. West: Feud has its roots in long tradition of black intellectuals African American History Culture 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: T.I. - Blast Kanye West And Steve Harvey For Meeting With Donald Trump Audio Video Web Conferencing 8
RAPTOR Black People Politics : "Pity the sad legacy of Barack Obama" : Cornel West Black People Politics 83
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : kanye west hospitalized... Black Entertainment 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : West Africa Is Being Swallowed by the Sea All Things Africa 4
J Black Entertainment : What Did Kanye West’s Casting Call for ‘Multiracial Women Only’ Mean? Black Entertainment 10
Al D Black People : Tapping into West Africa’s Hair Care Market Black People Open Forum 0
IFE Black Positive People : West Creek Middle School student’s book to be added to school library Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Black West Point cadets under scrutiny for raised fists in photo Black People Politics 8
jamesfrmphilly African Traditional Religion : west-african-village-in-south-carolina African Traditional Religion Study Group 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Watch: Did Obama Just Tell Presidential Hopeful Kanye West to Sit Down? Black People Politics 6
jamesfrmphilly Black People : west-indian-parade-shooting-stabbing-violence Black People Open Forum 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Kanye West is running for President in 2020? Black People Politics 25
SophiaG Black People Politics : So, Cornel West is supporting presidential candidate Bernie Sanders Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : West Africans have some of the healthiest diets in the world Food Discussion and Recipes 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Cornel West on Black Journalists: "We're in the age of the sell-out" Black People Politics 67
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Cornel West Delivers Blistering Takedown of Ta-Nehisi Coates—Michael Eric Dyson Responds Black People Politics 49
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Jackie Robinson West files suit against Little League over vacated championship Black Sports 0
RAPTOR Black People : Cornel West responds to Michael Eric Dyson Black People Open Forum 11
chuck Black People : North/South/East/West: Do Tell Me About Your Necks Of The Woods! Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People : Young Black NBA Star David West Pays For Dr. Ben's Furneral Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR Black People : Dr. John Henrik Clarke - Debate With Cornell West: The Politics of Assimilation verses Nationalism Black People Open Forum 4
TruthHitman Africa : Two 17th century African maps written by Europeans showing Hebrew communites in West Africa All Things Africa 0
river Black People : For Those Who Live on the West Coast Black People Open Forum 1
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Kanye West - Black Skinhead Black Entertainment 0
Enki African American History Culture : The Black West African American History Culture 4
CosmicMessenger Black People Politics : Professor Cornel West on the 'Age Of Obama' Black People Politics 0
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Third Coast Kings - West Grand Boulevard Black Entertainment 0
S Black People : CDC: Travelers from West Africa to U.S. will be monitored for 21 days for Ebola Black People Open Forum 1
Orisons Black People : What have the USA/West EVER done apart from attack the African Collective? Black People Open Forum 14
S Black People : Kanye West under the juristiction of CA.. or "Yeezy under the Jureezy of the Steezy".. Black People Open Forum 0
Iyale Asaba Black Spirituality Religion : Self Actualization with the Cosmic Forces of West Africa Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
O Black Events : Self Actualization with the Cosmic Forces of West Africa Black Events 0
jamesfrmphilly Computers - Software Hardware : Coinye West, the Kanye-inspired Bitcoin Science and Technology 1
RAPTOR Black People : Farrakhan to Kanye West: Don't Bow to Jewish Pressure! Black People Open Forum 1
R Black People : Kanye West gives answer about his confederate flag picture Black People Open Forum 10
S Black Entertainment : Rapper down: Kanye West drowning in his own ego.. Black Entertainment 50