Black Entertainment : Wesley Snipes turns himself in to police i florida

dandan

Dec 8, 2006
Wesley Snipes was released on $1 million bond after pleading not guilty to federal charges including falsely claiming millions of dollars in tax refunds, two months after he was indicted in central Florida.

The actor, known for films such as the “Blade” trilogy, didn’t speak at a court appearance in Ocala on Friday. He went there after arriving in Orlando on a private jet from the African nation of Namibia, where he was filming “Gallow Walker,” his publicist said.

“I look forward to clearing my name and resolving this issue posthaste,” Snipes, wearing blue tinted glasses and a suit, said after the hearing. He didn’t comment further.

Snipes, 44, was charged in October with fraudulently claiming refunds totaling nearly $12 million in 1996 and 1997 on income taxes already paid. He was also charged with failure to file returns from 1999 through 2004. If convicted, he faces up to 16 years in prison.

He will be allowed to return to Namibia to finish the film, but must return to his home in Marina del Rey, Calif., by Jan. 10, U.S. Magistrate Gary Jones ruled.

After that, he will be required to surrender his U.S. passport and will be restricted to traveling in the continental United States. A Feb. 22 status conference was scheduled, which Snipes isn’t required to attend.

According to the indictment, Snipes had his taxes prepared by accountants with a history of filing false returns to reap payments for their clients. The firm American Rights Litigators would receive 20 percent of refunds from clients, according to the indictment.

“We believe the evidence in the case will show he has been the victim of unscrupulous tax advice. And this trial will help vindicate him,” said Billy Martin, Snipes’ lawyer.

“Gallow Walker,” a cowboy movie, will be completed next week and will be released sometime next fall, said Ian Thompson, spokesman for Sheer Films, which is producing the movie. Snipes’ arrest wasn’t expected to delay production, Thompson said.

Martin said Snipes left the United States to film the movie long before the indictment.

“We want to make it clear that he did not avoid returning to the United States. He’s always been ready to return,” Martin said.

http://www.********.org/2006/12/08/wesley-snipes-pleads-not-guilty-in-tax-case/

i am glad he did because he was looking bad by staying in africa
hope the brother gets a fair trial

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : R. Kelly About to Join Wesley Snipes? Black Entertainment 8
MsVeraisblessed Black People : What Would You Say To Wesley Snipes.. Black People Open Forum 48
cherryblossom Black People : Wesley Snipes: "LIVE?" or "Memorex?" Black People Open Forum 201
Ankhur Black Entertainment : What's the real deal on Wesley Snipes and; the Black Panther comic movie? Black Entertainment 76
Mad Skillz Black Entertainment : Wesley Snipes Acquitted of Tax Felonies Black Entertainment 10
Destee Black Entertainment : Wesley Snipes Alleges Racism in Tax Trial Black Entertainment 1
Mad Skillz Namibia : Wesley Snipes Found In Namibia Namibia 13
P Nigeria : Wesley Snipes invests in Nigerian Film! Nigeria 60
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ❤ Ʈhe ђonorable Ɋueen Dorothy Burnett Porter Wesley Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Battle on the Internet: Wesley Muhammad vs Tahuti AACOOLDRE 3
RAPTOR Black People Politics : (Ret.) General Wesley Clark: US will attack 7 countries in 5 years. Black People Politics 0
cherryblossom African American History Culture : Lee Wesley Gibson: BSCP African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Audio Video Web Conferencing : Natural Tahuti vs. Dr. Wesley Muhammad Audio Video Web Conferencing 3
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Dr. Wesley Muhammad on Saa Neters Hot Seat Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : DR. WESLEY MUHAMMAD VS. NATURAL TAHUTI Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Dr. Wesley Muhammad - Was Prophet Muhammad Black or White Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : Dr. Wesley Muhammad Bible Debate Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : anybody seen wesley? Black Entertainment 7
S Black People : Paying Taxes Snipes gets 3 years Black People Open Forum 4
D Black Entertainment : Snipes in Blade 2 Black Entertainment 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Turns Out T. Rex Would’ve Broken its Tiny Legs if it Tried to Run Science and Technology 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : makeup-artist-turns white model black..... Black People Open Forum 1
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK MBA TURNS DOWN $500 MILLION BUYOUT Black Money Business Jobs 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Wikipedia Turns 15: 15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About the Online Encyclopedia Black People Open Forum 0
crwn Black People : AFRICOM’s Secret Empire: US Military Turns Africa Into ‘Laboratory’ Of Modern Warfare Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Ava DuVernay Turns Down Black Panther Black Entertainment 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Sandra Bland - ‘Say Her Name’ Turns Spotlight on Black Women and Girls Killed or Arrested by Police Black People Politics 132
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Felicia Rashad Turns 66 Black Entertainment 4
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Obama Turns Federal Workers Into Snitches:"straight out of fascist models of government&behavior" Black People Politics 1
MsInterpret Black People : Ohio Woman turns 119 but no birth certificate Black People Open Forum 9
R Black Poetry : The World Turns Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
P Black Entertainment : 2PAC As The World Turns Black Entertainment 2
S Nigeria : Cat turns into a woman in Nigeria Nigeria 0
Monetary Black Sports : Mayweather turns down $8 million to fight Margarito Black Sports 4
N Black Relationships : What Turns You On About A Woman? Black Relationships 37
N Black People : Bush Turns Down Invitation By B.E.T. Black People Open Forum 14
K Haiti : Washington turns its back on Haiti Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 23
K Black Poetry : As The World Turns Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
watzinaname Black Poetry : If This Turns Into a Poem, So Be it Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : as the year turns…. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Bluewater Black Poetry : As the Wheel Turns Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
watzinaname Quiet Poetry Lounge : As the weather turns nippy... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
M Pan Africanism : And the tide turns... African American History Culture 4