Black People : Wesley Snipes: "LIVE?" or "Memorex?"

Is Wesley Snipes "For Real?" or "Faking The Funk?"

• His contributions to Black history documentaries cancel out his negative comments about Black women.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • His negative comments about Black women cancel out his contributions to Black history documentaries.

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns

... I think it has more to do with his comments about Black women. In the manner in which he spoke, his statements about Black women were like "being kissed on one cheek and slapped on the other."

So, I think many Black women would not have a problem because he's with an Asian woman if his previous statements weren't so passive-aggressively insulting to Black women....in short, he was just "nice-nasty" with it.
and these were recent statements or a drag from the Black entertainment section?

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
and these were recent statements or a drag from the Black entertainment section?
It doesn't matter how "recent" or in the past.

These were comments made by a Black man about/towards Black women who is mated with a woman from another race.

So, his comments are REFLECTIVE of his views towards Black women.

He has every right to choose whomever as a mate.

But, his negative, disparaging comments about Black women speak to a contradictory nature when coupled with his contributions to documentaries on Dr. Ben and Dr. Clarke and owning a company called "Amen Ra Films."

How "Down for the Cause" can he TRULY be when he has disparaged ALL of his own Black Sisters as women who "DON'T READ, are FULL OF DRAMA, and NOT COMFORTING, KIND, NICE AND PLEASING" to her Black man? :10500:

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
It doesn't matter how "recent" or in the past.

These were comments made by a Black man about/towards Black women who is mated with a woman from another race.

So, his comments are REFLECTIVE of his views towards Black women.

He has every right to choose whomever as a mate.

But, his negative, disparaging comments about Black women speak to a contradictory nature when coupled with his contributions to documentaries on Dr. Ben and Dr. Clarke and owning a company called "Amen Ra Films."

How "Down for the Cause" can he TRULY be when he has disparaged ALL of his own Black Sisters as women who "DON'T READ, are FULL OF DRAMA, and NOT COMFORTING, KIND, NICE AND PLEASING" to her Black man? :10500:
can you post the link to these remarks

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Real!

He took a lot of risk by Producing and narrating. "A great and mighty walk" both professionally and personally

If I'm not mistaken he took it upon himself to create a production company staffed by Black people. How many brothers and sisters in his position can say the same
And, unfortunately, those Black people who worked for him may also be penalized and/or charged for the taxes that he did not pay/take out of their earnings.

Yeah....That's some "good lookin' out" for his People. :cool:

Appeals Court Upholds Wesley Snipes Tax Conviction
ATLANTA (JULY 16, 2010)
BY WEBCPA STAFF
A federal appeals court has affirmed the tax fraud conviction and three-year prison sentence of actor Wesley Snipes for failing to file his tax returns.

..Snipes also claimed that as a “fiduciary of God, who is a 'nontaxpayer,'” he was a “foreign diplomat” who was not obliged to pay taxes. However, the court noted, when Snipes consulted his long-time tax attorneys about his resistance to paying federal income taxes, they advised him that his position was contrary to the law and that he was required to file tax returns. The firm terminated Snipes as a client when Snipes refused to file his tax returns.

The court added that the actor’s resistance to the IRS did not stop at his personal filings. He integrated the ALR tax “teachings” into the accounting methodology of his film production companies, and after June 2000, his companies stopped deducting payroll and income taxes from its employees’ paychecks. Snipes also began to proselytize this theory of tax resistance. He invited several employees to an “861” educational seminar at his home.

“When accounts-payable employee Carmen Baker attended the seminar and questioned the ‘861’ theory, Snipes ordered her to leave his house, later telling her that he was ‘disappointed’ in her and that if she was ‘not going to play along with the game plan,’ she should find another job,” the court noted.

....In the course of the investigation, the grand jury served subpoenas on the office staff of Snipes’s production company, Amen RA Films. Former accounts payable employee Carmen Baker testified at the trial that when she received the grand jury subpoena, Snipes ordered her “not to respond, not to talk to anybody or to disclose any information on the company.” When Baker asked Snipes why she should not respond, Snipes replied, “It doesn’t matter. I have [a confidentiality agreement] with your signature on it. . . . f you do contact them, you will have to pay the consequences.” According to Baker, Snipes’s warning made her feel “very upset,” “uneasy,” and “scared.” ....

http://www.webcpa.com/news/Appeals-Court-Upholds-Wesley-Snipes-Tax-Conviction-54975-1.html

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation

... I think it has more to do with his comments about Black women. In the manner in which he spoke, his statements about Black women were like "being kissed on one cheek and slapped on the other."

So, I think many Black women would not have a problem because he's with an Asian woman if his previous statements weren't so passive-aggressively insulting to Black women....in short, he was just "nice-nasty" with it.
So where did he DEMONIZE "ALL" BLACK WOMEN????????????????????????? or any? he stated his experiences without saying this or that is typical of all sisters

Sounds like an Ann Coulter style witch hunt

Sekhemu

Jul 9, 2003
new jersey
Occupation
priest
And, unfortunately, those Black people who worked for him may also be penalized and/or charged for the taxes that he did not pay/take out of their earnings.

Yeah....That's some "good lookin' out" for his People. :cool:
Not trying to speak for the brotha but it seems a little unfair to post disparinging information about someone without them being here to tell there side of the story... In first person

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
from the interview....

When asked for clarification, Snipes emphasizes that he is not saying that a Black woman can not be that type of woman a man wants to come home to. "Not at all," he declares. "Absolutely not. That's the point. I want to come home and I don't want to argue. I want to be pleasing, but if I ask you to get me a glass of water, you're going to say, `Them days is over.' please. Come on," Wesley says. "A man likes that. I don't know why. It's been that way forever. It makes him proud, you know, like when the guys come over and your lady comes out with a tray of food and says `I made this up for you.' And the guys are like, `Oh man, you've got a great women.' And the man says, `Yeah, I do.' A man will appreciate it when you're kind and when you're nice

one love
khasm
that is why I wonder what the point of this post is about, perhaps I should have never postedanything about the Black Panther comic book or Wesley Snipes in the Black Entertainment section,

and with all the rappers that call Black women everything but a child of God

and say they mean all Black women even their own mother,

no one has dawgged them and their
white groupies and gay groupies

or statements even raps songs

posted in the Black entertainment section

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.