Nigeria : Wesley Snipes invests in Nigerian Film!

SAMURAI36

Banned
Mar 3, 2005
Bay Area
I agree with absolutely everything that Brother PAN has stated here.

PAn-AFRICANISM is indeed a viable alternative to the issues that plague the international Black community, up to and including relationships.

There seems to be this unspoken notion that for a Black person in America to date another Black person from another part of the world (Africa, Asia, Europe, Caribbean, etc) is tantamount to an IR.

How did we become so divided, that we have succumb to such a deceptive mentality?

A white person from Canada can date another white person from Australia, and nothing be thought of it.

Why can't we?

PEACE

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
SAMURAI36 said:
PAn-AFRICANISM is indeed a viable alternative to the issues that plague the international Black community, up to and including relationships.

There seems to be this unspoken notion that for a Black person in America to date another Black person from another part of the world (Africa, Asia, Europe, Caribbean, etc) is tantamount to an IR.

How did we become so divided, that we have succumb to such a deceptive mentality? A white person from Canada can date another white person from Australia, and nothing be thought of it. Why can't we?
Brilliantly stated brother Samurai36!

karmashines

Banned
Feb 26, 2005
If we are one of the same, then why the need for comments that would cause division? Some of the statements in the other threads make it seem like black men should go to African women because they are better than black women.

Conversely, if a black woman on here said she goes to Africans because black American men are thugs or in prison, you're telling that won't get flack because we're one in the same?

Many of the comments I've seen don't just simply say I date African American or African women. They give reasons which usually paint African American women in a negative light. This is what I have a problem with... the 'reason,' a negative generalization.

In response to Pan's counter against my response... there have been women to argue against the post. Their arguments are not taken seriously, called silly, or even seen as anti-black male by some. And the anti-black male threads, I would debate were created by women not respected in the community by both men and women. The threads that could be construed as anti-black female were started by people respected in the community.

However, I have noticed the positive comments about black women here of late on the black women appreciation thread and another one where a lot of male posters argued against a 'critical' article... one that I didn't even think was that bad, lol.

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
karmashines said:
If we are one of the same, then why the need for comments that would cause division? Some of the statements in the other threads make it seem like black men should go to African women because they are better than black women.

Conversely, if a black woman on here said she goes to Africans because black American men are thugs or in prison, you're telling that won't get flack because we're one in the same?

Many of the comments I've seen don't just simply say I date African American or African women. They give reasons which usually paint African American women in a negative light. This is what I have a problem with... the 'reason,' a negative generalization.
Karmashines:

African women are black women. That is the contradiction that brother Samurai spoke of (the notion that a black person dating another black from a different culture is equivalent to an IR). Also are you giving hypothetical situations? Or are you speaking about pre-existing debates? If a African American woman loves a African man & his culture...I wish her nothing but happiness. Whatever her motivations for doing so, we all find people that fit our needs. Some men like women who cook & stay at home. Some women like men who maintain the family by themselves. There are cultures that fits certain needs better than others. It is natural that one goes to the culture that matches their individuals needs & desires. However, in promoting African Diasporic Dating, I point out that there is no cultural behavior, attitude, or value that can not be found within the black race!

karmashines

Banned
Feb 26, 2005
panafrica said:
Karmashines:

African women are black women. Also are you giving hypothetical situations? Or are you speaking about pre-existing debates? If a African American woman loves a African man, and his culture......I wish her nothing but happiness.
I am speaking on the basis of things that have been said on previous threads. And yes, a black woman with an African man did make comparisons to African-American men on another thread.

But anyway, my interpretation is some of the comments are cutting down African American women in favor of African women which I find offensive. Yes, we are one of the same, but if someone makes a comment that generalizes me in a negative light because of my heritage, even nationality, I'm going to be offended.

I think if people are expressing who and what they are attracted to, there is no need to cut down another group.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.