Nigeria : Wesley Snipes invests in Nigerian Film!

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
SAMURAI36 said:
All 3 BLADE movies are listed as "AMEN-RA FILMS, in junction with MARVEL COMICS". AMEN-RA FILMS is Snipes' own production company.

Also, there are numerous alterations that Snipes made to the Blade Character, to incorporate his ideology. The way the Blade character appears in the actual comics is almost a far cry from how Snipes has depicted him on screen, with the Kemetic and Sumerian origins, science, etc.
You are right! I have all three Blade movies, but didn't realize that Amen-Ra films was Snipes own production company! Knowing this, I truly hope that Snipes gets to do the Black Panther. I'd love to see his vision for it.

SAMURAI36

Banned
Mar 3, 2005
Bay Area
panafrica said:
You are right! I have all three Blade movies, but didn't realize that Amen-Ra films was Snipes own production company! Knowing this, I truly hope that Snipes gets to do the Black Panther. I'd love to see his vision for it.

Precisely. I think that this move in Nigeria will help expedite that process.

Word is, the BLACK PANTHER movie is supposed to be shot almost entirely in location in Africa (except for the parts that are supposed to take place in Africa).

PEACE

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
SAMURAI36 said:
Precisely. I think that this move in Nigeria will help expedite that process.

Word is, the BLACK PANTHER movie is supposed to be shot almost entirely in location in Africa (except for the parts that are supposed to take place in Africa).
Originally I didn't want Snipes to do Black Panther, after I learned he was interested in it. I wasn't concerned about Snipes doing a good job (he was excellent in Blade). But I didn't want confusion about two movies about black comic book characters played by the same person. In my opinion the general public wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Blade and the Black Panther if Snipes played both. However, if this is Snipes vision, I look forward to him doing it. I hope Black Panther makes it to the big screen...I'm looking forward to Luke Cage done by John Singleton as well!

Riada

May 14, 2005
I’m glad that Pan pointed out that Wesley Snipes made those derogatory comments about Black women when asked in that EBONY? magazine article why he chose to date and marry a non-Black woman. The article pointed out that he had been dating non-Black women prior to marrying his Asian wife.

This bothered me a lot when I first read it, but I have since changed. IMO, this doesn’t take away from the good he does

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Riada said:
I’m glad that Pan pointed out that Wesley Snipes made those derogatory comments about Black women when asked in that EBONY? magazine article why he chose to date and marry a non-Black woman. The article pointed out that he had been dating non-Black women prior to marrying his Asian wife. This bothered me a lot when I first read it, but I have since changed. IMO, this doesn’t take away from the good he does
Most blacks in interracial relationships have issues with the men/women of their race. They may not publically proclaim it, but if you dig beneath the surface (get within their comfort zone) they will often reveal are hidden issues of hosility towards the opposite sex of their race. This is not to say that every black person in an interracial relationship has a problem with dating black. However, the few exceptions do not make up for the majortity.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.