Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
We discuss everything here from recipies to religion. But one cant have a discussion on politics, religion, sports, etc without the potential for dust being stirred up. Atheists and agnostics come into religious discussions and give their views. Lakers talk about Knicks. Liberals to wingnuts. There is no way these discussions will happen without a certain amount of "gamesmanship".

Ex. If Philly and Skuder get into a spirited descussion. Neither feels the other has crossed any lines. Is it up to some 3rd party to come in and complain? Ex. Erotic poetry is disgusting to some. Do they have a right to have it banned? Or come in and protest every time it's posted? Do pro lifers get to come into an article about planned parenthood?

All discussions are valid. So is the opposing view. Where does the objective cross into the subjective?

Don't trouble your little mind with management issues, there's a Management TEAM for that, and we're very good at making such determinations.

Should we ever need your assistance though, we'll call on you.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Don't trouble your little mind with management issues, there's a Management TEAM for that, and we're very good at making such determinations.

Should we ever need your assistance though, we'll call on you.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

It is the key to this thread. For whatever reason, management felt compelled to bring this up, smh

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
I have "never" been confrontation on this forum, yet when I attempted to defend myself against the Clyde Cogers I am 'duly advised' to either put them on ignore or not answer at all.

To my knowledge I find no interest in what this member posts, yet when I create a post that shakes its belief system I get a flood of remarks that are off topic and meant to take away the quality of whatever I've posted.

it's all good though....!

Fine1952 ... let me add too ... a Member posting something you are not interested in, is not a rule violation.

Even if you create the thread, anyone can post to it respectfully, without it interesting you.

Being "off-topic" is not a rule violation either, in and of itself.

That's why you are advised to put the folk on ignore, because what's bothering you is not a rule violation.

Being free to respectfully say what one wants is a privilege extended to all. You, me, no one ... can take that from a Member ... just because we're not interested in what they have to say. If we're truly not interested, skip over them, pay them no attention, put them on ignore. They must be violating the rules, calling folk names, cursing, being disrespectful, disruptive, etc., for their behavior to be actionable.

Putting them on ignore will make it so you see none of their posts, so their "off-topic" remarks lowering the quality of the discussion, is virtually not there. It solves the problem with just a little adjustment.

If they made the same complaint of you, not interested in what you have to say, i'd tell them to do the same.

If there is something else they are doing, that might be a violation, let us know and we'll address it.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
We discuss everything here from recipies to religion. But one cant have a discussion on politics, religion, sports, etc without the potential for dust being stirred up. Atheists and agnostics come into religious discussions and give their views. Lakers talk about Knicks. Liberals to wingnuts. There is no way these discussions will happen without a certain amount of "gamesmanship".

Ex. If Philly and Skuder get into a spirited descussion. Neither feels the other has crossed any lines. Is it up to some 3rd party to come in and complain? Ex. Erotic poetry is disgusting to some. Do they have a right to have it banned? Or come in and protest every time it's posted? Do pro lifers get to come into an article about planned parenthood?

All discussions are valid. So is the opposing view. Where does the objective cross into the subjective?

just had to put my name it it huh.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: