Food Discussion : Walmart: Patti LaBelle pies are flying off shelves and selling on eBay for $40

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Diabetes,

Walmart: Patti LaBelle pies are flying off shelves and selling on eBay for $40

The $3.48 pies starting flying off shelves last weekend. They are now sold out in many stores and selling on eBay for as much as $40, NPR reports.

But when the pies — which were created with singer and cookbook author Patti LaBelle — first debuted in September, no one paid much attention to them.

So why the sudden frenzy?

Walmart can thank James Wright, a man who posted a musical tribute to the pies on Facebook a week ago ...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/walmart-pies-suddenly-flying-off-152029599.html

My Review On Patti LaBelle sweet potato pie review

james wright

Views:2,383,235

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Patti LaBelle Tasted My Sweet Potato Pie and I Almost Died

My culinary dreams came true Friday when Patti LaBelle stopped by the Yahoo Food offices to chat with me about her famous sweet potato pie.

LaBelle’s pies, which are basically sold out at Walmart, are the hottest dessert in the country, thanks to a hilarious and touching viral video by Chicago singer James Wright. But he’s not the only one singing about Patti’s pies.

The legendary singer included a version of her sweet potato recipe in her 1999 cookbook, here ...

https://www.yahoo.com/food/patti-labelle-tasted-my-sweet-potato-pie-and-i-205647211.html

Photo: Samantha Bolton for Yahoo Food

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Patti LaBelle Vows to Help James Wright Chanel Achieve Greatness

... “I will sing with James anytime but that boy out-sings me,” the vocal powerhouse quipped. “He goes high, high, high up in the heavens. He can sing ‘Walk Around Heaven’ all day and honey. His voice is beautifully, beautifully high. I mean perfect. He has perfect pitch… I think he’s going to be all of that and a bag of chips. He’s doing the right thing, I think he has like 10 jobs and he keeps himself out there and he keeps himself current so he’s going to do well for himself and I’m going to make sure I help.” ...

http://www.eurweb.com/2015/11/patti-labelle-vows-to-help-james-wright-chanel-achieve-greatness/

Huey50

Dec 6, 2015
Some were $100 on Amazon. But all of them sold out before we were able to get them so...i guess next year

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Some were $100 on Amazon. But all of them sold out before we were able to get them so...i guess next year

Welcome to Destee.com Huey50, and thanks for the update. And that's not to mentioned what outrageous prices scalpers were able to collect :facepalm:

Nevertheless, I remain hopeful it will be different around Christmas time, maybe:kickball:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Black Poetry : She was wit a boy on fourth of July desire to flirt in a way that was fireworks may even require a twerk she here in Walmart in a mini-skirt no funny Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Walmart sued for allegedly selling fake medicine Black Health and Wellness 0
R Black Poetry : It all starts at Walmart search for goods too much hood Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : be gone from home now in Walmart to roam my COX Desk top support Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
freddie419 Health and Wellness : 6 grocery store deals that beat Target and Walmart Black Health and Wellness 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : 5 Things You Should Never Buy at Walmart Black Money Business Jobs 2
Senegal Black People : BLM and Walmart Black People Open Forum 8
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID: I was at a Virginia beach WalMart on PRINCESS ANNE // And LYNNHAVEN PARKWAY dressed in a m Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Police departments are furious at Walmart for a policy that has made it a dangerous place to shop Black People Open Forum 15
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : Why Walmart Just Decided to Get Rid of Two Huge Food Brands Food Discussion and Recipes 0
shaka64 Black People : Grand jury decides NOT to indict cop who killed John Crawford at Walmart Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Walmart's Ice Cream Sandwiches Don't Melt In The Sun Black Health and Wellness 22
S Black People : Cops Body Slam Elderly Woman @ Walmart Black People Open Forum 18
RAPTOR Black People : Detroit High Schools Teach How To Work at Walmart Black People Open Forum 15
T Black People : Woman Faces 15 Years for Cutting Line at Walmart, KKK Involved Black People Open Forum 4
Destee Black Money Business Jobs : Confessions of a Walmart Hitman Black Money Business Jobs 1
D Black Jokes Humor : 101 Things To Do At Walmart Black Jokes Humor 1
D Black People : Be careful at walmart & target Black People Open Forum 17
M Black Poetry : Real romances are ideal circumstances went to Walmart Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Liberty Food Discussion : Aretha Franklin launching food line: ‘Ms. Patti gonna have to move that pie to the side’ Food Discussion and Recipes 1
MS234 Black People : Patti LaBelle slams being called a 'diva', calls today’s pop stars 'little heifers who can’t sing' Black People Open Forum 2
info-moetry Audio Video Web Conferencing : Gerald Levert/Patti Labelle Tribute - Somebody loves you Audio Video Web Conferencing 11
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Patti LaBelle - Walk Around Heaven, BET Gospel celebration LIVE Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Alarm Clock Black Entertainment : A Happy Birthday to Patti Labelle! Black Entertainment 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : If Only You Knew-Patti Labelle Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
PoeticManifesta Black Poetry : Patti Cake Patty Cake Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Oh Patti! Black Entertainment 4
T Black Entertainment : Patti Labell and Elton John Black Entertainment 1
T Black Entertainment : Patti Labelle concert Black Entertainment 1
T Black Entertainment : Patti LaBelle album Black Entertainment 1
T Black Entertainment : Patti LaBelle Black Entertainment 0
T Black Entertainment : Patti Labelle new album Black Entertainment 0
candeesweet Audio Video Web Conferencing : Labelle - Lady Marmalade - 1975 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : The Bluebelles/LaBelle Black Entertainment 4